[FiiO M5] Compact and Versatile Hi-Res Music Player
Jul 24, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #241 of 773
For those who also have a mojo as I do and would like to make it wireless without breaking the bank with the Poly:

Does the M5 support Bluetooth receiving and then sending coaxial out? I'm not sure if the m5 cannot send usb out or anything that is not analogue out when in Bluetooth receiving mode.

I say that because the mojo has a coaxial in that supports up to 768KHz/32-bit, which is more than enough for the 24/96 of LDAC.

On another topic, when connected to my phone as a Bluetooth receiver, if someone calls me in the middle of the song the music will stop and I can answer through the m5, right?

Thanks,

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #242 of 773
For those who also have a mojo as I do and would like to make it wireless without breaking the bank with the Poly:

Does the M5 support Bluetooth receiving and then sending coaxial out? I'm not sure if the m5 cannot send usb out or anything that is not analogue out when in Bluetooth receiving mode.

I say that because the mojo has a coaxial in that supports up to 768KHz/32-bit, which is more than enough for the 24/96 of LDAC.

On another topic, when connected to my phone as a Bluetooth receiver, if someone calls me in the middle of the song the music will stop and I can answer through the m5, right?

Thanks,
would also love to know how does it sound compared with mojo too.

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #243 of 773
No unfortunately. If you want that feature you need a Shanling M0. If you go back and look at several of my posts, Fiio obliquely responds to my question. Don't know if it will be possible to achieve with a firmware update.

Thanks,

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #244 of 773
Im still unsure about getting the fiio m5 or the shanling m0, however, having read the previous replies and comments m5 does not have the the functionality as the shanling m0, maybe in the future the m5, that functionality will be added.... or maybe i will wait for the fiio btr5

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #245 of 773
Fiio m5 without that functionality, i ended up buying the Shanling M0 just now, maybe if fiio m5 has that functionality in the future, i will buy it

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #247 of 773
Dear friend,

Theoretically, there is no limitation in software design.

Best regards

There are multiple posters looking for the bluetooth transport functionality. You mentioned the reason for this, but can/will this feature be added in a future update?

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #248 of 773
Can't seem to find this anywhere. Was it released yet? Curious about the strap and using this as a BT watch option

Jul 28, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #251 of 773
Unless I've missed it, there's also no fast way to return to the main menu.

What I'd like to see too is a main menu like the old iPod Nano, where there were 4 option buttons/icons per screen, instead of having to swipe between all the main options.

IMG_3097.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #253 of 773

What I'd like to see too is a main menu like the old iPod Nano, where there were 4 option buttons/icons per screen, instead of having to swipe between all the main options.

Hey! If you're feeling inspired, would you mind sharing with us your thoughts comparing the m5 with the shanling m0?

Thanks!

Jul 28, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #255 of 773

Can you able to test the Fiio M5 able to bluetooth while feeding it to an external dac such as chord mojo? In other word, does the fiio m5 have the shanling functionality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back