FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
May 6, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #1,576 of 2,001
  The songs I mentioned are all Mp3 files, 320kbps... nothing seems to be different from any other music It manages to play normally...
And the "Format Error" quirks been long happening to mp3 files as well, check earlier thread pages.

The symptom is like this: The screen blinks in and out (with white screen in between) for a few seconds (pink noise plays... damn....), then skip to the next songs, this happens quite frequently when I choose "Shuffle All", which tells me not only a few songs are rendered unplayable, it's numerous..
I do will try to use the player with different micro SD card, though I find it still happens even if I move the file into Fiio internal memory.

I experienced these issues in the beginning and figured out just which tracks had the issue, deleted them and saved the file in either 128 wav or in FLAC and they have played fine. Have you been working with FiiO on you problems? Hopefully James can help you to resolve it
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

May 6, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #1,577 of 2,001
I experienced these issues in the beginning and figured out just which tracks had the issue, deleted them and saved the file in either 128 wav or in FLAC and they have played fine. Have you been working with FiiO on you problems? Hopefully James can help you to resolve it:wink_face:

:beerchug:
Nice Idea! I will try to do that.

May 6, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #1,578 of 2,001
Nice Idea! I will try to do that.

A few took more than one try sp, just make sure you list/mark them as the more you put on and have to redo the harder it is to remember which new adds needed to be redone!

May 6, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #1,579 of 2,001
Guys, I am looking to probably get the M3. Mainly because of the inline remote support. Now, how is the forwarding on this DAP? If I have a track that an hour long, how easily can I get to the 40th minute for example? Will forwarding and reversing work if I hold a button on the headphone remote?

Thanks for any answers!

May 7, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #1,581 of 2,001
  Guys, I am looking to probably get the M3. Mainly because of the inline remote support. Now, how is the forwarding on this DAP? If I have a track that an hour long, how easily can I get to the 40th minute for example? Will forwarding and reversing work if I hold a button on the headphone remote?

Thanks for any answers!

Just tried to do forwarding on a 12 min long track, from 00:00:01->00:11:01 took it 30s, with 20 intervals from 1-6 then 1 min jumps after it... not that fast, but adequate. Can't comment on the inline remote, as the included one only have play/ pause, skip/ play back songs, and I don't have any IEM's with mikes/inline remote other than it.
I just ordered one from amazon the black model should be here by Monday I'm happy plus I just got BW P5 headphones

Congrats and Welcome! Sorry for your wallet
etysmile.gif

May 9, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #1,582 of 2,001
May 9, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #1,584 of 2,001

May 10, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #1,585 of 2,001
Hi, i have had a M3 for over a month and am impressed with the SQ and size.

My problem is with coverart, i find:

1. flac files mostly but not all display the cover
2. alac 320k files do not display any cover art
3. mp3 files 320k seem to display cover art

I use dbpoweramp to convert from apple lossless.

I would like all cover-art to display without issue or regard to the format.

Interestingly my X5 displays all coverart whatever the format, so the problem seems to lie with the M3 firmware and I hope that Fiio will sort this with the nest firmware update.

Any comments or ideas would be welcome.

d

May 10, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #1,587 of 2,001

Oooh, DIY Carbon Fiber?  Looks great!  Tell me more!  

--

Ooh, Ooh let me chime in for my brother Wokei as he is the king of the Carbon touch
biggrin.gif
I've even used his ideas on some of mine (actually copied him on the Havi B3's)
eek.gif
He uses his X3 sticker kit I believe to customize
wink_face.gif

May 10, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #1,588 of 2,001

@Podster......U Is the Carbon Prince ..muahahaaaaaaaaaa

One easy way is to use ---we called it " tracing paper " here ...first draw the outline of the shape of the area onto the tracing paper and then cut the carbon vinyl according to the shape on the paper  ....cut wee slightly smaller the vinyl and when pasting it ....stretch it a bit by using the hair dryer for a better finish .....Wokei over and out !

May 10, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #1,589 of 2,001

One easy way is to use ---we called it " tracing paper " here ...first draw the outline of the shape of the area onto the tracing paper and then cut the carbon vinyl according to the shape on the paper  ....cut wee slightly smaller the vinyl and when pasting it ....stretch it a bit by using the hair dryer for a better finish .....Wokei over and out !

Looks awesome, I'll have to try this some time.  Not a huge fan of my off white colored M3.  I think it needs to be something else....  Now I look for a cool wrap.  
cool.gif

May 11, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #1,590 of 2,001

looks nice, instruction sounds 'easy'. i think because im not the one doing it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back