[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Oct 15, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #4,621 of 5,698
Dear friends,

If the M17 has 128GB version, would you like to get one?:smile:

Best regards
Hi!
Perhaps too late to ask, since it was an anniversary offer according to the article
https://fiio.com/newsinfo/638910.html

However, are there any chance you would consider "Special Edition" reissue? Would like to get one as Android seems way too RAM hungry...

Thanks in advance!

Oct 16, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #4,623 of 5,698
Would like to get one as Android seems way too RAM hungry...
Then watch for the second hand market, as there won't be any according to what FiiO has communicated before. Also 4GB RAM is more than what a music player would need. During a normal music listening session only about half of the memory is used and most of it is occupied by the system itself. So no reason to be worried.

Oct 16, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #4,624 of 5,698
Is there any update on the M17's compatibility with Roon. So far it is still hampered by Android Audio and will not play bit perfect. I don't understand how it is possible for the USB Audio Pro app on Android to handle files bit perfectly but yet there is no way to play Roon files on the same device in the same manner. I was hoping that Roon Arc would fix this but I can't get it to work on the M17.

Oct 16, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #4,625 of 5,698
Is there any update on the M17's compatibility with Roon. So far it is still hampered by Android Audio and will not play bit perfect. I don't understand how it is possible for the USB Audio Pro app on Android to handle files bit perfectly but yet there is no way to play Roon files on the same device in the same manner. I was hoping that Roon Arc would fix this but I can't get it to work on the M17.
It is a problem with the Roon client software. Maybe Roon wants certification from the manufacturers so that they can charge them? I don't know.

Oct 16, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #4,626 of 5,698
It is a problem with the Roon client software. Maybe Roon wants certification from the manufacturers so that they can charge them? I don't know.
That's a shame. Otherwise, this DAP is so complete. But since Roon is such a part of my user experience it is a big failing for me. I probably will see my M17. I have been using a Mojo2 with a streamer I made from a Raspberry Pi Zero, sought of a Chord Poly replacement at about 1/8th the price. This is a really good setup and allows me to stream bit perfectly. Only issue is I have to use my phone as my remote but since I always have my phone on me, it is no big deal.

Oct 16, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #4,627 of 5,698
Roon Arc works on the M17 where ever wifi is strong.
20221016_221824.jpg

Oct 16, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #4,630 of 5,698
Yes, that is the question. But you can't really know unless you have the functionality so you can compare. But my experience on other platforms has been that there is a substantial audible difference. Just this morning I was listening to Fleetwood Mac's Rumors and comparing my DSD version with the redbook version and there was a substantial difference. So if I had the choice on my DAP I would always choose the DSD version. To be sure, I can still do that streaming directly from my server without using Roon. But I want to use my subscription to Qobuz and its high-res files. And I do hear a difference with those files, particularly old jazz recordings. Of course there are work arounds. I can stream directly from Qobuz. I just like the centrality of having all my music, regardless of source, coming from Roon.

Oct 16, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #4,631 of 5,698
Yes, that is the question. But you can't really know unless you have the functionality so you can compare. But my experience on other platforms has been that there is a substantial audible difference. Just this morning I was listening to Fleetwood Mac's Rumors and comparing my DSD version with the redbook version and there was a substantial difference. So if I had the choice on my DAP I would always choose the DSD version. To be sure, I can still do that streaming directly from my server without using Roon. But I want to use my subscription to Qobuz and its high-res files. And I do hear a difference with those files, particularly old jazz recordings. Of course there are work arounds. I can stream directly from Qobuz. I just like the centrality of having all my music, regardless of source, coming from Roon.
Then it is easy just to compare to standard Qobuz application and check if there is a difference.

Oct 17, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #4,635 of 5,698
IMO, always format microSD cards using the device itself, that way the device gets to decide, and you are guaranteed that it is fully compatible with the device.
And what does Fiio M17 choose - NTFS or exFat?
SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 ГБ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back