[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Feb 21, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #2,956 of 5,692
Happy 22/2/22 to Everyone here !

I use the Pelican 1040 Case.
Fits perfectly without any need for additional foam using only the default rubber padding.
20220222_103140.jpg
20220222_103149.jpg

Feb 21, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #2,958 of 5,692
I’ve been due another post to talk about a few more of my headphones and how I’ve found them with my M17, but tonight I have to post this as today I took delivery of the ifi ipower elite. I think I was holding off as I thought, well, it sounds so good on dc why do I need it. Three hundred pounds more …
It‘s only now that something came to mind, that should have done so earlier - back in the mid-nineties when I bought my Michell Gyrodek. Two weeks into using it I thought what the hell and bought the five hundred pounds Gyro power supply, and experienced the subsequent jump in sound quality.
Here I am now and as I was connecting it up I was almost feeling hesitant, hoping that I at least hear some difference, even if only slight.
Wow, the instant the chosen track started I was astonished and blown away, firstly because yes the proverbial curtain was pulled aside from the music. And secondly because the headphones I chose to first listen were one of only two that underwhelmed a little on DC - my Audeze EL-8 open - and they sounded phenomenal. The difference in what I was hearing is almost beyond belief, so much more transparent and the separation between instruments is nothing short of spectacular. Everything is more dynamic, with a snap and clarity and layering to the music that I was having to come to terms with the fact that without this I was simply not hearing anywhere near to all of the potential of the M17 using enhanced over-ear mode. I’m probably still not, but it’s a whole lot closer to it, that’s for sure.
This is not subtle. To put it mildly.
Just curious if you added anything else to the noise-cancelling chain ie. iFi Supernova cable, power bar? If the iFi Elite already makes a huge difference who knows, maybe the other products could push it even further to desktop levels.

Feb 22, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #2,959 of 5,692
I'm getting a purple light on UAPP and the fiio music app when doing MQA on local disk. But it doesn't seem to work on the Onkyo player for example. Does MQA need first unfold via UAPP and fiio music first?

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #2,961 of 5,692
I'm looking to use the m17 primarily with iem like campfire Solaris. Is this overkill or a match made in heaven?

Edit: Asking because I heard someone say the m17 is overkill for iem and I only need m11 plus. Will get same results. Reviewer says m17 only or primarily beneficial for full sized cans.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #2,962 of 5,692
Feb 22, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #2,964 of 5,692
I'm looking to use the m17 primarily with iem like campfire Solaris. Is this overkill or a match made in heaven?

Edit: Asking because I heard someone say the m17 is overkill for iem and I only need m11 plus. Will get same results. Reviewer says m17 only or primarily beneficial for full sized cans.
Not overkill at all, I use all my of IEMs with M17 MEST Mk2, Indigo, and great synergy with EVO, EXT including Audeze headphones. Enhanced over-ear headphone mode provide the EVO and EXT that extra visceral bass and sub-bass.

Feb 22, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #2,966 of 5,692
A bit of this classic album this evening ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_20220222_202710.jpg
    IMG_20220222_202710.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 22, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #2,967 of 5,692
A bit of this classic album this evening ☺️
I remember speaking to Mark Hollis at the Camden Palace in London that Steve Strange use to run.... what a club! Everywhere you turn there was a Pop Star either sitting and chatting or Dancing..... with Bananarama!

Feb 22, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #2,968 of 5,692
Just curious if you added anything else to the noise-cancelling chain ie. iFi Supernova cable, power bar? If the iFi Elite already makes a huge difference who knows, maybe the other products could push it even further to desktop levels.
Hi,
I basically re-purposed cables I was using in my desktop set-up, being two Titan Audio mains cables - one of their best from the wall out going to one of their 6-way mains blocks, and with another of their mains cables from the ifi elite to that mains block.
I didn’t do any listening to compare per se, so I can’t really quantify on how much of a difference doing that made to the sound over not using them, but back when I brought those Titan Audio products into my desktop set-up, it made a significant difference.
I made these changes as I have moved away from my desktop set-up recently and just enjoy using my M17 more (mostly on DC mode) so those cables were there needing to be used.
So yes, I am sure using these Titan Audio products has further enhanced the quality that I hear coming through my headphones.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #2,969 of 5,692
The Kavu bag just got here. Fits the player like a glove. Its very snug if you have the leather case on it. If you remove the fiio leather case, it fits nicely.
Sweet! That should eliminate the myth it's not portable.

1. Have you tried working out with it?

2. Does it jump up and down or stay still while being active?

3. Why did you choose that bag vs the others?

Feb 23, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #2,970 of 5,692
@ljnew
Yeah I did p90x chest and back routine. Forgot it was on.
No issues doing yard work or yoga either. You can adjust the straps so the buckle is to the side for ab work.

Haven't tested a run yet, but walking is no problem. Btw I spin it around so it's resting on the lumbar.

Also I removed one of the zippers to ensure no stress on my 4.4 cable. 3.5 cables won't have any trouble.

20220223_123540.jpg

There's no stress on the connector.

Also programmed the favorite button to "random song" I colored a spot on the bag where the button is. I don't have to unzip it now. I just push the dot and a new song comes on.

20220223_122506.jpg

The jansport bag worked too but it was a lot of extra loose fabric. This one fits snug. I don't like dead space.makes the player slide around and could possibly stress the cable. With this bag it's set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back