[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Feb 11, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #2,821 of 5,692
Hi guys! I have a question hoping someone would answer for me. I would like to buy a FiiO M17 in the EU. I'm wondering if is it volume capped due to EU regulations and/is there a way to “remove” it? Thank you!

No .. not capped at all. I bought from Fiio.eu

Feb 11, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #2,824 of 5,692
Guys I noticed something strange with my player, as soon as the player has booted up Poweramp immediately started playing it started to annoy me that much I deleted it.
Anyone else had problems with that?

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #2,825 of 5,692
Guys I noticed something strange with my player, as soon as the player has booted up Poweramp immediately started playing it started to annoy me that much I deleted it.
Anyone else had problems with that?
I don't use poweramp .. but with neutron player there are some available parameters to choose to start automatically or not playing music when something is available like USB-C, Headphone 3.5mm/4.4mm, Line In, Bluetooth Connection, SPDIF IN/OUT, Upnp/Dlna...

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #2,826 of 5,692
I don't use poweramp .. but with neutron player there are some available parameters to choose to start automatically or not playing music when something is available like USB-C, Headphone 3.5mm/4.4mm, Line In, Bluetooth Connection, SPDIF IN/OUT, Upnp/Dlna...
I might reinstall it and see if there are any options

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #2,829 of 5,692
Hi
Haven’t noticed any volume cap. Bought mine from a reseller here in Sweden and no cap on my device.
No volume capp in fiio devices or 99%others the 1%is sony, is a joke, a almost 4k dap with volume capp, is like having a lamborghini with 10 horse power, but what is almost obscene is the comprehensive thoughts about it from the Sony fans, but in the end they are all outside EU, so the comprehensiveness....

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #2,830 of 5,692
@FiiO FiiO has been known to have a large presence at CanJam. Will there any participation in NYC in a few weeks? If so will the M17 be on display for audition?

Feb 11, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #2,831 of 5,692
I’ve been due another post to talk about a few more of my headphones and how I’ve found them with my M17, but tonight I have to post this as today I took delivery of the ifi ipower elite. I think I was holding off as I thought, well, it sounds so good on dc why do I need it. Three hundred pounds more …
It‘s only now that something came to mind, that should have done so earlier - back in the mid-nineties when I bought my Michell Gyrodek. Two weeks into using it I thought what the hell and bought the five hundred pounds Gyro power supply, and experienced the subsequent jump in sound quality.
Here I am now and as I was connecting it up I was almost feeling hesitant, hoping that I at least hear some difference, even if only slight.
Wow, the instant the chosen track started I was astonished and blown away, firstly because yes the proverbial curtain was pulled aside from the music. And secondly because the headphones I chose to first listen were one of only two that underwhelmed a little on DC - my Audeze EL-8 open - and they sounded phenomenal. The difference in what I was hearing is almost beyond belief, so much more transparent and the separation between instruments is nothing short of spectacular. Everything is more dynamic, with a snap and clarity and layering to the music that I was having to come to terms with the fact that without this I was simply not hearing anywhere near to all of the potential of the M17 using enhanced over-ear mode. I’m probably still not, but it’s a whole lot closer to it, that’s for sure.
This is not subtle. To put it mildly.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #2,832 of 5,692
I’ve been due another post to talk about a few more of my headphones and how I’ve found them with my M17, but tonight I have to post this as today I took delivery of the ifi ipower elite. I think I was holding off as I thought, well, it sounds so good on dc why do I need it. Three hundred pounds more …
It‘s only now that something came to mind, that should have done so earlier - back in the mid-nineties when I bought my Michell Gyrodek. Two weeks into using it I thought what the hell and bought the five hundred pounds Gyro power supply, and experienced the subsequent jump in sound quality.
Here I am now and as I was connecting it up I was almost feeling hesitant, hoping that I at least hear some difference, even if only slight.
Wow, the instant the chosen track started I was astonished and blown away, firstly because yes the proverbial curtain was pulled aside from the music. And secondly because the headphones I chose to first listen were one of only two that underwhelmed a little on DC - my Audeze EL-8 open - and they sounded phenomenal. The difference in what I was hearing is almost beyond belief, so much more transparent and the separation between instruments is nothing short of spectacular. Everything is more dynamic, with a snap and clarity and layering to the music that I was having to come to terms with the fact that without this I was simply not hearing anywhere near to all of the potential of the M17 using enhanced over-ear mode. I’m probably still not, but it’s a whole lot closer to it, that’s for sure.
The right type and amount of power makes a difference. Usually the higher end the gear, the bigger the difference is. You know you've got an amazing system when you change one cable and it's as if your listening to a different system all together. Same thing applies to power and it's often one of the most overlooked portions of the entire system.

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #2,833 of 5,692
@FiiO FiiO has been known to have a large presence at CanJam. Will there any participation in NYC in a few weeks? If so will the M17 be on display for audition?
Sorry we may not participate the Canjam NYC this year.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 12, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #2,834 of 5,692
What is the output gyro? V and A?

Feb 12, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #2,835 of 5,692
I just put in an order for Fiio M17 :metal::ksc75smile:.

Can someone recommend a quality 4pin XLR to 4.4mm adapter so that I can drive my Audeze LCD3/4 from the balanced output?

TIA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back