[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Jan 3, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #4,906 of 5,698
Using a Micron Technology Inc. / MTSD1T0AKC7MS-1WT - 1TB sd card since February 2022 exclusively in my M17 (inserted one time and then never removed again).

About 60% filled. Not a single issue with it by now.
I have issues when browsing the sdcard in native music mode. The sdcard needs to be reloaded/refreshed everytime I want to browse it. I have no issues when using the Google directory. I have not tried the new firmware yet. I do not know if there is something wrong with the sdcard. I have not bought the sdcard from Alixpress or Amazon because there are a lot of problems when buying sdcards from there.

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #4,907 of 5,698
This has become a huge headache for me as I live in Asia and am now in the US visiting family when the battery apparently bloated to such a degree the back of the case popped off.

After reading your post and a few others along similar lines, I'm not going to take this device in its current condition with me back home on return flights. I don't have the original packaging with me and no clear idea at the moment what I should do with it besides leaving it alone entirely.

@FiiO How do you recommend I handle this situation?
@FiiO I never heard back on how to fix this issue with the swollen battery. Please let me know what to do next to get this issue resolved.

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #4,910 of 5,698
I have issues when browsing the sdcard in native music mode. The sdcard needs to be reloaded/refreshed everytime I want to browse it. I have no issues when using the Google directory. I have not tried the new firmware yet. I do not know if there is something wrong with the sdcard. I have not bought the sdcard from Alixpress or Amazon because there are a lot of problems when buying sdcards from there.
I am using an external hard drive as system drive (formatted as system drive to store all the offline Qobuz files on it). The drive needs to be attached for firmware updates and to be able to use most applications.
I am still having issues with the sdxcard in the Fiio music app. I do not know why it takes more then 5 minutes to be able to browse the sdxcard. When I am browsing the the sdxcard in Android directory mode then there are no issues.

Jan 4, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #4,911 of 5,698
Wakey wakey
865F7855-2360-4A7E-AA88-01B6E4BCBD2B.jpeg

Jan 4, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #4,912 of 5,698
Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

I'm a proud owner of a M17 since last week and I'm really in love with it but there's something, a nuisance really, that has been driving me nuts from day one...

As I use my M17 mainly in DC mode, as a desktop unit, I decided to pair it with a little android bluetooth remote I had around, and it works without fault, BUT it seems that when I use it, the RGB lights on the sides and volume control remain blue no matter if the tracks are DSD, Hi Res Flacs or mp3s. It took me a time to realize that the bluetooth was the culprit, as I had been enabling and disabling many options before with no luck. And then I turned off the bluetooth and, to my surprise, everything seemed to work fine. This remote it's the only device I have paired with the FiiO as I don't use bluetooth headphones, and this has been happening in all firmware versions (1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4 and now 1.0.6). I only listen to tracks from SD cards, no streaming.

It's not big deal, really, but I'd like to know if someone has experienced something similar with remotes, bluetooth headphones, etc or if it's just that my devices don't pair so well after all...

Thanks!!

Jan 4, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #4,913 of 5,698
Jan 4, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #4,914 of 5,698
Hi! If there is anyone in the US that no longer wants or needs their PL50 power supply, I'm interested in buying one. I'm hosting a meet next weekend 14th and I'm hoping to have it by then. I would order from AliExpress but I doubt it would be here by then.

If you are in the Boston, Ma area and want to join us, here is the link.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/3rd-annual-wicked-schiit-meet-new-england-jan-14th-2023.965708/
Check this out, this is Fiio's official presence on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165727304353?hash=item26961dfaa1:g:lKIAAOSwPIljSlv2

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #4,915 of 5,698
Jan 4, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #4,916 of 5,698
Nice!!! Thanks a lot! Have you ordered from them?
Yep, my FH7 and FH9 both came from there and they're perfect! I have a power supply en route, too, that's slated to arrive on Saturday - but I bet it'll get here before then. I bet if you order in the next couple hours they'd be able to get it out today, too.

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #4,917 of 5,698
Yep, my FH7 and FH9 both came from there and they're perfect! I have a power supply en route, too, that's slated to arrive on Saturday - but I bet it'll get here before then. I bet if you order in the next couple hours they'd be able to get it out today, too.
Ordered! Thank you VERY much my friend! Estimated delivery is Jan 11th.

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #4,918 of 5,698
I also ordered an FH5S from them previously but sent them back. The return was nice and easy, as well.

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #4,919 of 5,698
Ordered! Thank you VERY much my friend! Estimated delivery is Jan 11th.
Most welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out :D

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #4,920 of 5,698

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back