[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Nov 22, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #4,726 of 5,692
Dear friend,

Do you have other device which support coaxial input for connecting to the M17, or other device which coaxial output for connecting to the adi 2 pro to check? And does the issue remain when using other app in the M17?
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards
Unfortunately, I do not have any other device but I could do a test with coaxial input very soon. I will let you know within 2 days.

Nov 22, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #4,727 of 5,692
I am using a Fiio M17 with external hard drive where I store all the Qobuz offline music. I would like to know if I can clone the hard drive in case of emergency if the orignal hard drive fails. So I will always have a backup of the Qobuz music available and that I do not have to re-download all the music over and over again.

Nov 22, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #4,728 of 5,692
I am using a Fiio M17 with external hard drive where I store all the Qobuz offline music. I would like to know if I can clone the hard drive in case of emergency if the orignal hard drive fails. So I will always have a backup of the Qobuz music available and that I do not have to re-download all the music over and over again.
I don't know about Qobuz, I tried that with Tidal, and it did not work for me. I had to redownload again. PAIN.

Nov 25, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #4,729 of 5,692
FYI - From now till Monday at Mimic Audio can get the M17 (and everything else on their website) 20% off retail price with the coupon code gobblegobble.

So probably will be the best time for quite awhile to pick up this awesome DAP for those who haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #4,730 of 5,692
Dear friend,

Do you have other device which support coaxial input for connecting to the M17, or other device which coaxial output for connecting to the adi 2 pro to check? And does the issue remain when using other app in the M17?
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards
Today, I am using the fiio m17 without external hard drive (but with an an external sdxcard of 1TB) and there are no issues with the coax cable to the rme adi-2 pro. However, now I have some connection problems with a Supra usb-cable which I have not had before (the usb connection keeps on dropping). The most important is that I can play music! I am only using flac files of 24 bit maximum resolution. And the rme adi-2 pro can handle up to dsd256. This was while the rme adi-2 pro was connected through xlr to the Topping LA90 and speakers.

Attachments

• 20221126_184118.jpg
    20221126_184118.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #4,738 of 5,692
The only bad (!) thing about M17 is, I no longer have the interest in buying any other DAP. It is about one year now I have the M17 and it is still my feeling.

I agree too .. though, I am sometimes having a look for a less bulky one, with some more battery playing time in high gain and with all other characteristics of the M17.
Actually, I wonder if the Hiby RS8 can be like a winner, though output voltage seems to be limited to 7.5V, but nobody knows if this can be available at 24 ohms or not. With the CR08 dock the RS8 can be a rather versatile Streamer/DAP which could be easily used with an external amp.

Nov 30, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #4,740 of 5,692
Well I am a bit surprised but pleasantly so. I got the PL50 and not only is the build quality through the roof good but there is a discernible difference in sound quality (for the better). I was truly skeptical but after a quick A/B test there is a difference. Can someone explain to me why a power supply makes my M17 sound better. I am at a loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back