FiiO M15S Pocket Desktop-Level Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #706 of 913
Hi All, been reading along for a while and wanted to follow-up with you all to see if the M15S is still considered a significant upgrade to the M11Plus. I'm going to be getting some new CIEMs and want to consider upgrading my dap as well.

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #708 of 913
Of course, the M15s is better than the M11 Plus.
It is a much higher league in terms of sound and has many more power functions than the M11 Plus.
Currently, it's a great time of ,
"black week"
and M15s are generally running out of stock and you can buy it at a good price.

However, it is still 2x more than M11 Plus - if you are not afraid of the price.
Do not hesitate .

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #709 of 913
Reviews of the fiio M15S player (as well as fiio M17) write that when you connect power to the player from an outlet, the sound improves slightly, but is it possible to get improved sound when connecting it not to an outlet (charging), but to a powerbank battery, and how to turn it on?

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #714 of 913
È ancora roon ready? È tornata l' icona roon ready mode ?
Dear friend,

We have discovered this problem and we will fix it in the next version.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 23, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #715 of 913
Hmm, do I want to sell my M8 in favor of this 🤔. Some nice reviews in this thread are quite convincing. It sounds like this device might have better dynamics than my M8. I've been a Shanling/AKM fan for a while now. Can anyone briefly compare and contrast these two daps? Which would you choose and why?

Nov 23, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #716 of 913
Hmm, do I want to sell my M8 in favor of this 🤔. Some nice reviews in this thread are quite convincing. It sounds like this device might have better dynamics than my M8. I've been a Shanling/AKM fan for a while now. Can anyone briefly compare and contrast these two daps? Which would you choose and why?
I heared them both, the M8, M9, m9 plus all sound better (no the m15s is not bad, m8 just better). The m15s is a little bit too dark, bass to pushed forward (bass is not bad) unless it bleeds into the sparkle highs. That was the reason for me to return the m15s

The m9 plus was very very nice btw!! Sounded amazing. On par of the sp3000 of astell

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #717 of 913
I heared them both, the M8, M9, m9 plus all sound better (no the m15s is not bad, m8 just better). The m15s is a little bit too dark, bass to pushed forward (bass is not bad) unless it bleeds into the sparkle highs. That was the reason for me to return the m15s

The m9 plus was very very nice btw!! Sounded amazing. On par of the sp3000 of astell
Thanks. I've read all of your comments throughout this thread. What are you referring to by "Dark"?
If you mean that upper mids and lower treble are slightly pushed back, that's a good thing for me. The M8 is actually a little brighter than I prefer. I also appreciate a little bit extra from the low frequencies, so long as it doesn't stampede over the lower mids. Do you find the M15s or the M8 to have better resolution and air? Unfortunately, the M9 is prices in above my budget. Perhaps some day.

Nov 24, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #718 of 913
Thanks. I've read all of your comments throughout this thread. What are you referring to by "Dark"?
If you mean that upper mids and lower treble are slightly pushed back, that's a good thing for me. The M8 is actually a little brighter than I prefer. I also appreciate a little bit extra from the low frequencies, so long as it doesn't stampede over the lower mids. Do you find the M15s or the M8 to have better resolution and air? Unfortunately, the M9 is prices in above my budget. Perhaps some day.
The m15s is a little bit darker in a sence, less resolution then say a m8. I do say the m8 is a little brighter (but that is also very headphone/iem dependant).

Reading what you wrote, the m15s could be in your park. It gives a little more low punch. I would say a tweaked M15. But in my opinion that bleeds just a little bit in the mids, but it could match perfectly with you headphones, hard to say.

Resolution m8 wins, easily.

I would highly recommend you to take a astell and kern with a AK dac as a option too. Something like a se180 with sem4 (sem4 sounds amazing!) dac, or a astell and kern se200, or the new ‘kann max’ from astell.

De Fiio give a lot of bang for the buck, and it is certainly not a bad deal, but still have to hear the first natural sounding one from them. I would recommend ordering one from amazon (so if you don’t like it can return).

The best natural sounding daps to me where Lotoo gold, everything from astell and shanling.

I bought a se180 in the end, maybe they don’t have the most fancy interfaces or options, but man does it sound sweetttt, punch, air, never harsh. with a sem4.
(The first time I thought this is on level of my chord qutest with my burson 3xrgt, with way less power ofcourse but portable) even de included sem1 sounds amazing.

I already can see myself owning something like a sp3000.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #719 of 913
I might check out A&K. All I need is direct playback from my card. I always thought they were over priced for what you get, but if the sonic quality is truly that much better, it might be worth it.

Nov 24, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #720 of 913
I might check out A&K. All I need is direct playback from my card. I always thought they were over priced for what you get, but if the sonic quality is truly that much better, it might be worth it.
I thought exactly the same as you, they are expensive, but beeing at the shop for almost a day😂 listening the whole line from shanling to ibasso, fiio… none of them pleased me. Okay I like the m9 plus, but than you are in sp3000 territory (and the sp3000 wins hands on)

Untill I had my try of astell, it was a hit. Deep punch, clear highs, smooth mids, never harsh, not even with a sabre, the se180 is the first dap I heared with the sem1, that was smoother than some AK I have heared.

The s180 with sem4, to me sounds very very close to a sp2000

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back