FiiO M15S Pocket Desktop-Level Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
May 15, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #257 of 945
For the guys that have lots of experience with the different DAP offerings how would you place the M15s in the rankings. So far I am liking the m15s but have not been around the other options the other suppliers offer like you guys

May 17, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #259 of 945
Hello,
Received my M15s and am positively impressed. Commissioning, software update, loading the Qobuz app and loading a 1TB Sandisk micro SD went quickly and without any problems. First impressions with Fiio FD7, Sennheiser Ie900 and Meze Empyrean were very good and at the moment it sounds better than my M17. Maybe it's the new toy syndrome. I have to compare first.
The heat development is relatively low so far, lower than in the M17. Desktop mode works with all my charging adapters and also with various power banks (Xtorm, Sandberg Survivor, Omni 20+).

May 17, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #260 of 945
Hello,
Received my M15s and am positively impressed. Commissioning, software update, loading the Qobuz app and loading a 1TB Sandisk micro SD went quickly and without any problems. First impressions with Fiio FD7, Sennheiser Ie900 and Meze Empyrean were very good and at the moment it sounds better than my M17. Maybe it's the new toy syndrome. I have to compare first.
The heat development is relatively low so far, lower than in the M17. Desktop mode works with all my charging adapters and also with various power banks (Xtorm, Sandberg Survivor, Omni 20+).
Thank you for your view!
What about extra heating? Does your m15s become hot while using? This problem really bothers me.
P.s. Still waiting for my one to come.

May 17, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #261 of 945
Hello,
In which areas does it sound better than the M17?

May 17, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #262 of 945
Anyone got a rundown of which settings to change/what apps to download? Streaming apple music. Excited to try this player out.
@Retrorai so far as to apps...
Apple Music
Tidal
Youtube music
Radio Paradise
USB Audio Player Pro
HF Player
... new to me are two apps that I am finding I like more and more as I use them.... the first is Wavelet for its auto EQ function where it automatically applies the perfect EQ to the harmon curve.. amazing what that app has done to playback on some of my headphones...
the other App is Poweramp that allows you to fine tune the sound sig of the M15s to perfection....
the M15s is a very very nice DAP

May 18, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #263 of 945
Thank you for your view!
What about extra heating? Does your m15s become hot while using? This problem really bothers me.
I
Thank you for your view!
The heat generation has not been high so far. An hour in leather case, desktop mode, medium gain with Meze Empyrean and Focal Elegia and M15s was only slightly warm.

May 20, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #265 of 945
Was a decision between the R6 Pro II and M15S. Auditioned both today using the Gaea. Default settings on both DAPs.

R6 Pro II
Tracks sounded very 'technical', sharp, analytical - lifeless.
Hiby player froze/crashed several times during my short audition time.

M15S
More enjoyable to listen to.
That volume pot has a very satisfying resistance
Its weight adds confidence to its build quality

So I joined the club! 😅

20230520_170749.jpg

May 21, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #266 of 945
@FiiO

I just noticed something:

- Unit updated to latest firmware
- On battery power
- Using Fiio Music app
- Playing files from miscroSD
- Screen is OFF
- Sleep - all OFF

I pause the music (via button) for let's say 1 min. (or sometimes I wait for only 30 seconds) - when I press on the Play button again - nothing happens, music doesn't resume playing. I press it again the 2nd time - I head a faint pop, still no music playing. But when I pressed for the 3rd time, that's the only time the music continues to play.

Tried it with Tidal and Spotify - same parameters (Screen still off, using side buttons) - I again need to click on the Play button 3 times for music to resume playing.

What is going on?

Last edited:
May 21, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #268 of 945
@FiiO

I just noticed something:

- Unit updated to latest firmware
- On battery power
- Using Fiio Music app
- Playing files from miscroSD
- Screen is OFF
- Sleep - all OFF

I pause the music (via button) for let's say 1 min. (or sometimes I wait for only 30 seconds) - when I press on the Play button again - nothing happens, music doesn't resume playing. I press it again the 2nd time - I head a faint pop, still no music playing. But when I pressed for the 3rd time, that's the only time the music continues to play.

Tried it with Tidal and Spotify - same parameters (Screen still off, using side buttons) - I again need to click on the Play button 3 times for music to resume playing.

What is going on?
Hello,
I just tried the same thing. For me, the hardware play/stop buttons work whether I wait 30 seconds or 2 minutes. I also play music from Micro SD via Fiio app.

May 21, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #270 of 945
You mean you just press it 1 time and it immediately resumes playing?
You're right. I had it in desktop mode and it worked multiple times. In battery mode with the screen off, I have to press the play button several times, like you. With screen on it seems to work. I hope a software update can fix it. I remember on another DAP (RS8?) people had the same problem.
Maybe Fiio can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back