FiiO M15S Pocket Desktop-Level Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
Oct 23, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #632 of 945
About that ( The bass is rich yet well controlled, the midrange is clean and the treble is sweet yet well extended – it's a sound that is enjoyable to listen to without sounding colored as such), it's the same description of the M9 Shanling, the power it's almost the same, don't hear any difference in the sound compared to my Conductor 3XP desktop system which has a DAC ESS, + borson 3XP. Would a Shanling M9 Plus, worth so much more, be an upgrade? What I like most about the m15s is that it plays everything I have very decently, I believe the Shanling M9 plus does too. In favor of the m15s, it has the desktop mode that preserves the battery, it has the 2.5mm connection, in numbers a little more powerful, over the shanling m9 it probably has a better sound, but will I be able to understand it? I don't hear any difference in relation to my Burson combo... The m15s is a spectacle, I've had it for two weeks and although it's not perfect, I've been adapting to the sound, where it becomes more pleasant every day. The impression I have is that people are buying compulsively if they have the necessary patience. We are always looking to improve, but for now I will take a break, as I cannot imagine or believe that it could be better....

I'd stick with your M15s until you can compare it side by side to the M9. Only you will be able to decide which is better, but for daily use I find the M15s to be all I could need in a DAP.

Oct 23, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #633 of 945
About that (The bass is rich yet well controlled, the midrange is clean and the treble is sweet yet well extended – it's a sound that is enjoyable to listen to without sounding colored as such), it's the same description as the Shanling M9 Plus, the power is almost the same, don't hear any difference in sound compared to my Conductor 3XP desktop system which has DAC ESS + Borson 3XP. Would a Shanling M9 Plus, worth so much more, be an upgrade? What I like most about the m15s is that it plays everything I have very decently, I believe the shanling M9 plus does too. In favor of the m15s, it has the desktop mode that preserves the battery, it has the 2.5mm connection, in terms of numbers a little more powerful and the price. In favor of the Shanling M9 Plus, it probably has better sound, but will I be able to tell? I don't hear any difference compared to my Burson combo. The m15s is a spectacle, I've had it for two weeks and have been adapting to the sound, where every day it becomes more pleasant. The impression I have is that people are buying compulsively without understanding things properly. We are always looking to improve, but for now I will take a break, as I cannot imagine or believe that it could be so much better and justifiable. Congratulations on the Review.

Oct 23, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #634 of 945
Eu ficaria com seus M15s até que você possa compará-los lado a lado com o M9. Só você poderá decidir o que é melhor, mas para o uso diário acho que os M15s são tudo que preciso em um DAP.
Então é. É o que parece... Duvido que haja muito mais do que isso para mostrar. Sempre quero mais, mas por enquanto vou apenas observar...

Oct 23, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #635 of 945
About that (The bass is rich yet well controlled, the midrange is clean and the treble is sweet yet well extended – it's a sound that is enjoyable to listen to without sounding colored as such), it's the same description as the Shanling M9 Plus, the power is almost the same, don't hear any difference in sound compared to my Conductor 3XP desktop system which has DAC ESS + Borson 3XP. Would a Shanling M9 Plus, worth so much more, be an upgrade? What I like most about the m15s is that it plays everything I have very decently, I believe the shanling M9 plus does too. In favor of the m15s, it has the desktop mode that preserves the battery, it has the 2.5mm connection, in terms of numbers a little more powerful and the price. In favor of the Shanling M9 Plus, it probably has better sound, but will I be able to tell? I don't hear any difference compared to my Burson combo. The m15s is a spectacle, I've had it for two weeks and have been adapting to the sound, where every day it becomes more pleasant. The impression I have is that people are buying compulsively without understanding things properly. We are always looking to improve, but for now I will take a break, as I cannot imagine or believe that it could be so much better and justifiable. Congratulations on the Review.
Good to hear you are happy with it, that’s the goal isn’t it? For me their was a little bit to much warmth/focus on the bass. In the m15s, which caused a little bit of stage missing to me. But in average it is a good dap, but I am very sensitive to much bass. (The reason why I use my violectric v590 only occasional)

So I returned it

I do hope that shanling sounds different with high end IEM’s otherwise that one is of my list is well.

Oct 23, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #636 of 945
Good to hear you are happy with it, that’s the goal isn’t it? For me their was a little bit to much warmth/focus on the bass. In the m15s, which caused a little bit of stage missing to me. But in average it is a good dap, but I am very sensitive to much bass. (The reason why I use my violectric v590 only occasional)

So I returned it

I do hope that shanling sounds different with high end IEM’s otherwise that one is of my list is well.
As soon as you pick up the Shanling M9 plus, tell us about your impressions... About the M15s soundstage, perhaps it's lacking a bit of depth, I can't say yet, the sound is changing every day, it started out extremely neutral, a lot of detail and treble, The bass started appearing over the days... Strange that my Dap is 2⁰ hand, I think it was my brain that burned hahaha
I managed to install an equalizer app, I can increase the bass, but I'm going to study a way to reduce it to more neutral... But it doesn't bother me, when I'm listening to acoustic music the bass is less present, when I go to electronic music, the more the merrier lol

But still about the stage, it says that the best of the shanling m9 plus is the stage with several layers in depth... But I can't evaluate the m15s stage, I have the kann Max, it seems to have a slightly more elaborate stage... but Maybe it's just because the sound is more delineated, a kind of edge, it's good on many headphones and not on others... M15s are more natural...

Oct 26, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #637 of 945
Is there any Bluetooth lag when watching youtube in m15s receiver mode? My M7 Shanling lag a lot and lips don't match the sound- I have to use a dedicated Bluetooth dongle like the Q5/btr5 ETC . Does the M15s have the same issue?

Oct 27, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #638 of 945
Does the desktop mode mean i can connect this DAP to a PC and become output desktop dac amplifier?

Oct 28, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #639 of 945
Does the desktop mode mean i can connect this DAP to a PC and become output desktop dac amplifier?
Dear friend,

Desktop mode
When the desktop mode is selected, the machine will be powered by USB, and its battery will neither be charged nor powered, effectively increasing battery life.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 28, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #640 of 945
It’s up on their AliExpress store.

I wonder why this release is so quiet? I’m excited for it.

US $999.99 | FiiO M15S Music Player Snapdragon 660 with ES9038PRO Hi-Res Android 10 5.5inch MP3 Player WiFi/MQA/Bluetooth 5.0
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mthySgK
Hmm...whre to buy in Europe?

Oct 28, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #642 of 945
Is there any Bluetooth lag when watching youtube in m15s receiver mode? My M7 Shanling lag a lot and lips don't match the sound- I have to use a dedicated Bluetooth dongle like the Q5/btr5 ETC . Does the M15s have the same issue?
Not watching
Hmm...whre to buy in Europe?
wifimedia.eu
Earsunlimited.com

Both with excellent service

Oct 28, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #643 of 945

Desktop mode means you can plug the DAP to the wall via a usb charger and the battery will not be used.
For your second point, you can use the DAP as a DAC for your desktop and you can choose the gain level in the options, if you use a sound software with asio drivers or exclusive mode, you are good to go.

Oct 31, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #645 of 945
I really try to understand why everyone likes the M15S so much? don't say it is bad. But last week I audited the Shanling M6 Ultra, the M7, M8 and M9 plus, included two daps of Lotoo and two models of Astel & Kern, and all of them sounded more natural than the m15s?? with the m15s everything sounds a little pushy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back