FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
May 9, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #2,146 of 4,083
Does anyone have a dock and a TPU case? I ordered the dock (in the photos above) and I wanted to order one of the TPU cases, but as the TPU case looks quite thick in the photos, I am wondering if I can use it with the dock.
I'm loving the M15 performance, but I'm not enjoying the DK1 I received with my M15 shipment, this particular DK1 unit has a problem or the wiring in all of them are inadequate for the M15 + longer USB cables (1.8m and 1m),

The only USB cable that I can get to work reliably is the FiiO LT-TC1 - which at 12cm's is too short for practical use with the DK1. When I use longer USB cables I soon get USB device disconnects, but only with the DK1 in the path. When I use the same USB cables direct to the M15 the USB device connection is solid - the same as with the BTR5 / BTR3k I've been using for months / weeks.

I've messaged Hifigo, and hopefully @FiiO will see this. I'm wondering if others that received the DK1 + M15 are having similar issues?

I also ordered the M15 PU "leather" case - releasing mid-May - so the M15 is going without a case with only back / front glass protectors for now. I didn't order a TPU case originally, the PU Leather case was going to release with the new batch of M15's, but it's been delayed.

I'm very happy with the M15, and for now while I'm directly wired with USB in DAC mode I have the M15 laying on it's side between the DK1 stand's vertical back and the USB-C connector - so that the M15 can convective cool itself better.

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #2,147 of 4,083
All I can offer is that my M15 that arrived yesterday from China - from the new "batch" - has no screen issues, or any others I've been able to detect so far.

The sound is amazing through everything so far, and I've only begun to configure and install - only listening through Tidal streaming (download too) and Amazon Music HD - both installed from the Google Play Store BTW, and the OTA firmware update changed the volume indicator from bars to numbers... up to 120 at the top.

Over the ear headphone mode (high current) does get toasty, and adding All to DSD adds a bit more - listening through Balanced 2.5mm/4.4mm, but switching to Sennheiser Momentum 2 TWS's Bluetooth + All to DSD runs cool, so that's nice.

Reading gmail, browsing the internet, updating the Sennheiser MTW2's firmware natively on the M15 via Sennheisers Control App, I'm really enjoying the M15 :)

I was gonna order one from B&H but they sell out immediately.

May 9, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #2,148 of 4,083
I was gonna order one from B&H but they sell out immediately.
Hifigo still has the M15 pre-order bundle (2nd batch) taking orders - IDK where they are in their allocation vs shipment schedule. I pre-ordered their M15 bundle and it was shipped on April 28th, and I received the shipment (Fedex) on May 7th.

I've had great support and service from Hifigo, and I'd recommend giving them a try. I've ordered a number of times before making the M15 order, and all my orders were shipped quickly and were delivered as advertised +- a few days due to Covid-19 unexpected delays. My M15 sat in HK and JP for a few days, so without those delays it might have been here much sooner.

My Blon-05 + a couple of other things I ordered in between ordering the M15 are on their way now, shipped Friday.

Here's the M15 bundle I pre-ordered from Hifigo @ $1399 ($1459)
"Fiio M15 new batch will be shipped from 28th, April by order sequence.
Fiio M15 reward: Fiio LA-UA1 USB Power Purifier ($26.99) + Screen Protector($10.99) for free + FiiO LT-TC1 (17.99)"
https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-m15-flagship-dap-android-base-loseless-portable-music-player

The "gold" knob that fits over the volume control:
https://hifigo.com/products/dd-knob...m15-music-player-stainless-steel-gold-plating

And, I was told the PU leather case was delayed but is supposed to be out sometime in May (mid-May?) from FiiO, but it looks like orders are disabled (Sold Out) right now:
https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-m15-leather-case-for-m15-music-player

And, I'd wait before ordering the DK1 dock with the M15, but here it is should FiiO work out the problem I'm having:
https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-dk1-type-c-multifunction-dock-for-fiio-devices-x7-mark-ll-x5-il

Good luck getting your M15 :)

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #2,149 of 4,083
Hifigo still has the M15 pre-order bundle (2nd batch) taking orders - IDK where they are in their allocation vs shipment schedule. I pre-ordered their M15 bundle and it was shipped on April 28th, and I received the shipment (Fedex) on May 7th.

I've had great support and service from Hifigo, and I'd recommend giving them a try. I've ordered a number of times before making the M15 order, and all my orders were shipped quickly and were delivered as advertised +- a few days due to Covid-19 unexpected delays. My M15 sat in HK and JP for a few days, so without those delays it might have been here much sooner.

My Blon-05 + a couple of other things I ordered in between ordering the M15 are on their way now, shipped Friday.

Here's the M15 bundle I pre-ordered from Hifigo @ $1399 ($1459)
"Fiio M15 new batch will be shipped from 28th, April by order sequence.
Fiio M15 reward: Fiio LA-UA1 USB Power Purifier ($26.99) + Screen Protector($10.99) for free + FiiO LT-TC1 (17.99)"
https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-m15-flagship-dap-android-base-loseless-portable-music-player

The "gold" knob that fits over the volume control:
https://hifigo.com/products/dd-knob...m15-music-player-stainless-steel-gold-plating

And, I was told the leather case was delayed but is supposed to be out sometime in May (mid-May?) from FiiO, but it looks like orders are disabled (Sold Out) right now:
https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-m15-leather-case-for-m15-music-player

Good luck getting your M15 :)
It retails for $1299 in the US. Why are they charging $1399?

May 9, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #2,151 of 4,083
It retails for $1299 in the US. Why are they charging $1399?
Do you mean the price at BHPhoto that's currently out of stock? :)

IDK, perhaps you can negotiate a price match with Hifigo without the bundle of extras? Usually the store with the "great price" does need to have stock on hand in order for price matching to work.

I'm getting the Fujifilm X-T4 + extras pre-ordered from BHphoto, I've been buying from them for many many years, sometimes it's best to work closely with people with their "ear's to the ground" - with close ties to the source for specialty products - and for me BHphoto has been that go to source of photography and video equipment. I always go to and recommend BHphoto for new photography and video equipment.

With Hifigo being so close to the source for of a lot of the audio equipment I am interested in, they have been a great resource. Working with them to find out about so many details about new and existing products local to Hifigo has been very helpful.

For me price is at times secondary to finding and getting the products I need, and price can come in a distant 3rd when getting great product and industry technical support. IDK if FiiO works directly with BHphoto, but I know Hifigo does, along with many other makers that are "local" to Hifigo. I could give many other examples, but I think you've got the idea. You get what you pay for, and paying for good information, good timely service, and easy access to product that is hard to come by is priceless.

But, if you want to wait, you don't want those extra's in the Hifigo bundle, don't value buying from a specialty dedicated audio store like Hifigo, then BHphoto says they will have more M15's in the next 7-14 days - business days - which in NY sales talk usually means they aren't really quite sure when they are getting more, perhaps next month?:

More on the Way. Expected availability: 7-14 business days
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1544139-REG/fiio_m15_flagship_dap_android_base.html

Or, you can ask Hifigo about M15 product availability / shipping / price: support@hifigo.com - ask for Candice or Xiaochun, they are usually the first to answer my questions.
Amazon USA has plenty in stock with prime shipping.
You probably want to act quickly if you want to get an M15 on Amazon (or anywhere else for that matter), as I missed out on the BTR5 @ $109.99 MSRP on Amazon - FiiO was the seller, after that the demand and lack of supply sent the price up and right now Amazon is still out of stock of the BTR5...
https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-BTR5-384K-Bluetooth5-0-Headphone-Unbalanced/dp/B07ZK3M6XK

FiiO M15
"Only 10 left in stock - order soon." - only 1 seller...FiiO Electronics...
https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-M15-5-15inch-AK4499EQ-Bluetooth/dp/B083KF1NWL

IDK what Hifigo's M15 stock situation is, they might run out too :)

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #2,152 of 4,083
Do you mean the price at BHPhoto that's currently out of stock? :)

IDK, perhaps you can negotiate a price match with Hifigo without the bundle of extras? Usually the store with the "great price" does need to have stock on hand in order for price matching to work.

I'm getting the Fujifilm X-T4 + extras pre-ordered from BHphoto, I've been buying from them for many many years, sometimes it's best to work closely with people with their "ear's to the ground" - with close ties to the source for specialty products - and for me BHphoto has been that go to source of photography and video equipment. I always go to and recommend BHphoto for new photography and video equipment.

With Hifigo being so close to the source for of a lot of the audio equipment I am interested in, they have been a great resource. Working with them to find out about so many details about new and existing products local to Hifigo has been very helpful.

For me price is at times secondary to finding and getting the products I need, and price can come in a distant 3rd when getting great product and industry technical support. IDK if FiiO works directly with BHphoto, but I know Hifigo does, along with many other makers that are "local" to Hifigo. I could give many other examples, but I think you've got the idea. You get what you pay for, and paying for good information, good timely service, and easy access to product that is hard to come by is priceless.

But, if you want to wait, you don't want those extra's, don't value buying from a specialty dedicated audio store like Hifigo, then BHphoto says they will have more M15's in the next 7-14 days - business days - which in NY sales talk usually means they aren't really quite sure when they are getting more, perhaps next month?:

More on the Way. Expected availability: 7-14 business days
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1544139-REG/fiio_m15_flagship_dap_android_base.html

Or, you can ask Hifigo about M15 product availability / shipping / price: support@hifigo.com - ask for Candice or Xiaochun, they are usually the first to answer my questions.

You probably want to act quickly if you want to get an M15 on Amazon (or anywhere else for that matter), as I missed out on the BTR5 @ $109.99 MSRP on Amazon - FiiO was the seller, after that the demand and lack of supply sent the price up and right now Amazon is still out of stock of the BTR5...
https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-BTR5-384K-Bluetooth5-0-Headphone-Unbalanced/dp/B07ZK3M6XK

FiiO M15
"Only 10 left in stock - order soon." - only 1 seller...FiiO Electronics...
https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-M15-5-15inch-AK4499EQ-Bluetooth/dp/B083KF1NWL

IDK what Hifigo's M15 stock situation is, they might run out too :)
I placed my order. Should be 9 or less left now :metal:

May 9, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #2,153 of 4,083
May 10, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #2,157 of 4,083
I sell my M11 Pro , and next week il buy the M15 . And im waiting for FA9 to release in Europe.
aplauso.jpg_35960795.jpg

May 10, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #2,158 of 4,083
@FiiO - M15 usage question - How do I use Bluetooth headphones while in USB DAC mode?

I've been using the BT headphones in Android mode and Pure Music Mode, but when I switch to USB DAC Mode my BT headphones (paired while under Android or Pure Music) don't work.

The USB DAC Mode Settings menus don't provide any way to pair or control the BT headphones, and the top status bar that I pull down to access BT / Wifi / settings doesn't pull down while in Settings.

Also, when in USB DAC mode there is no top status bar while outside of the Settings - you can't see the volume numbers, battery state, time, or alerts. I can "pull down" the little single line status bar, but it pops back up in a couple of seconds. Is there a way to have the status bar stay visible while in the USB DAC screen?

It's going to be a big disappointment if I can't use BT headphones to listen to USB DAC sources on the M15, like I can with my BTR5 / BTR3k when operating as a USB DAC plugged into my PC.

@FiiO - Please, how do I do this? :)

Also, in the Settings => General => Multifunction Button = the Enter USB DAC / Enter Bluetooth Receive settings are reversed in effect. I've had to assign Enter Bluetooth Receive to the Multifunction Button to get into USB DAC mode.

Update: Oddly enough, after some hours of listening in DSD Mode, I noticed an alert on the screen - saw part of the usual Android Quick Panel also dropping down.

So I pulled it down and enabled Bluetooth and my Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2's connected.

Then in the status bar that I can pull down for a second there is now an aptX on the right side, to the left of the 100% battery status. Unfortunately, no audio comes through the buds... only through the 4.4mm/2.5mm/3.5mm ports.

All of this happened while the M15 was still in the USB DAC mode with the "Blue" background showing.

When I switched over to Android mode dropping down the Android Quick Panel and Bluetooth was still turned on...and going into Bluetooth the MTW2's were there.

But, when I tried to play music in Tidal the MTW2's remained silent... I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, then I "Forgot" the pairing and repaired the MTW2's and they continued to be silent. I needed to reboot the M15 then the MTW2's reconnected (aptX again in the status bar) and Tidal works fine - Phew! :)

@FiiO - is it possible the Bluetooth headphone support in USB DAC mode can be enabled in software - it looks so close to being possible.

Update - FiiO Wesite FAQ=>Manual Download problem - To add another issue, the M15 / M11 Pro / M11 Manuals downloadable from the respect Product FAQ's are giving a TLS error when trying to download them - Chrome based browsers get an error, IE too. The PDF loads into a viewer but trying to save to disk starts a download that gets a security error and the download fails. Workaround I used was Print to PDF, and that worked for all three. @FiiO
Download problem.JPG

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #2,159 of 4,083
I'm thinking of getting one of these. What are good iems and headphones that have good synergy with it?

May 11, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #2,160 of 4,083
I'm thinking of getting one of these. What are good iems and headphones that have good synergy with it?

It's a fairly neutral DAP so it will make the IEM sound the way it was tuned. However keep in mind:

1) Give time for burn in of a new M15 - maybe 100 hrs or so. Initial sound seems on the warmer side before burn in.
2) If you have multi BA IEMs, you want to make sure you have 20+ ohm input impedance given the higher than average 3 ohm output on the M15. There are some exceptions but this is the general guideline.

Personally, all the IEMs I have pair well - EE Wraith, Sony IER-Z1R, and Audeze LCD i4 (Using PEQ on UAPP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back