FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Feb 12, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #1,128 of 4,083
Anybody try YouTube or other videos (apps/browser)? Any audio sync issue like in M11?

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #1,130 of 4,083
You may think so, blindly ignoring how many devices you buy are actually completely locked.

You seem to have a good working knowledge of unlocking boot loaders. Try a generic unlocking app. Since Fiio already told you it is a Samsung boot loader, there are numerous unlocking tools available from preset to brute force. If you are successful, it would be great for you to share a how to for folks here.

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #1,131 of 4,083
Anybody try YouTube or other videos (apps/browser)? Any audio sync issue like in M11?
No issues with M15,yeah I also had issues with audio sync on m11 pro when used as a receiver, but on M15 nothing ,great bluetooth receiver supporting all codecs with no audio sync issues,great quality sound when used as a usb dac too,with x7 mk 2 it used to take like 1 hour to get best quality sound from usb dac probably because of my equipment/cables but m15 straight away impress you with amazing sound,great upscaling when used as usb dac with instant connectivity with your pc/laptop etc

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #1,132 of 4,083
No issues with M15,yeah I also had issues with audio sync on m11 pro when used as a receiver, but on M15 nothing ,great bluetooth receiver supporting all codecs with no audio sync issues,great quality sound when used as a usb dac too,with x7 mk 2 it used to take like 1 hour to get best quality sound from usb dac probably because of my equipment/cables but m15 straight away impress you with amazing sound,great upscaling when used as usb dac with instant connectivity with your pc/laptop etc

I tried watching the CanJam NYC head fi preview video using Bluetooth receiver mode from my iPad to M15 and it was out of sync. Couldn’t even make out what Jude was saying (lip reading the video) relative to what I was hearing.

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #1,133 of 4,083
I tried watching the CanJam NYC head fi preview video using Bluetooth receiver mode from my iPad to M15 and it was out of sync. Couldn’t even make out what Jude was saying (lip reading the video) relative to what I was hearing.
I will check with my phone/laptop tonight ,I have been using avantree transmitter (aptXHD) with my bedroom tv without any issues
https://avantree.com/wireless-adapters/audio-transmitters

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #1,135 of 4,083

hmm not sure if we are talking about the same issue. Just open aYT video in browser on M15 and see if video and audio stay sync.

It’s not critical but could be an annoyance...

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #1,136 of 4,083

seems like same issue I saw with M11.

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #1,137 of 4,083
hmm not sure if we are talking about the same issue. Just open aYT video in browser on M15 and see if video and audio stay sync.

It’s not critical but could be an annoyance...
Last time i checked it was okay ,but i watched 2 songs,I will use some sound sync testing videos on m15 browser later tonight after work to make sure

Feb 12, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #1,138 of 4,083
20200213_081829.jpg

The M15 case finally arrived. I bought it from Hifigo and it took about 3 weeks for shipping. This isn't a Dignis by the way, it's FiiO branded (although not found in their official outlets yet).

It's a thin, flexible leather unlike the thick Dignis cases, and covers the M15 fully from top to bottom. It looks neat at first sight, with a good colour combination of black with gold grills. But the finishing is a bit crude at the corners, you can see some of the inner layers peeking out.

Another curiosity is how they chose to protect the volume pot, with a magnetised lid. So everytime you want to adjust the volume you have to pop off the lid. I don't really like that, but at least the volume pot isn't exposed. The leather doesn't get in the way of the headphone and charging ports, but you'll have to remove the case to change SD cards.

For what it's worth, I can finally bring the M15 out and about, and I have something to grip on without accidentally pressing some buttons. So handling becomes much better. The heat issue is reduced because of the heat-dissipating grills at the back. It's still warm, but I no longer feel like holding onto a piece of hot coal.

So far it's the only case available, we have to wait for DDHiFi to come out with their version. Until we have more competiton, this will do. It gets a 3.5/5 from me.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #1,139 of 4,083
By the way, I can confirm, the sound opens up and balances out with burn in. The treble is not as muffled and the bass is tighter at the 50 hour mark. Used the same tracks as those I did for initial testing. I'll probably let it go on for 2 weeks before taking the M15 off the burner. Sweet.

Feb 12, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #1,140 of 4,083

The M15 case finally arrived. I bought it from Hifigo and it took about 3 weeks for shipping. This isn't a Dignis by the way, it's FiiO branded (although not found in their official outlets yet).

It's a thin, flexible leather unlike the thick Dignis cases, and covers the M15 fully from top to bottom. It looks neat at first sight, with a good colour combination of black with gold grills. But the finishing is a bit crude at the corners, you can see some of the inner layers peeking out.

Another curiosity is how they chose to protect the volume pot, with a magnetised lid. So everytime you want to adjust the volume you have to pop off the lid. I don't really like that, but at least the volume pot isn't exposed. The leather doesn't get in the way of the headphone and charging ports, but you'll have to remove the case to change SD cards.

For what it's worth, I can finally bring the M15 out and about, and I have something to grip on without accidentally pressing some buttons. So handling becomes much better. The heat issue is reduced because of the heat-dissipating grills at the back. It's not totally cool, but I no longer feel like holding onto a piece of hot coal.

So far it's the only case available, we have to wait for DDHiFi to come out with their version. Until we have more competiton, this will do. It gets a 3.5/5 from me.

Yeah I would love just a simple TPU case like that did with the M11. It looks okay though I suppose.

By the way, I can confirm, the sound opens up and balances out with burn in. The treble is not as muffled and the bass is tighter at the 50 hour mark. Used the same tracks as those I did for initial testing. I'll probably let it go on for 2 weeks before taking the M15 off the burner. Sweet.

Good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back