FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Feb 1, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #826 of 4,083
Today Fiio is back from Chinese New Years and it looks like they're viewing this thread now, so it's a good time to list our requested firmware changes:
  • Playlist ordering options, as noted by Jim Bobber (above)
  • Numerical display of volume (noted by several on this thread). This is very useful for many things, including recreating specific levels when comparing headphones
  • There is no way to prevent the power switch from accidentally powering up the unit while in your bag. See Drop Down Menu > Settings > General > Hold Switch Setting, where there should be a slider for the power switch as there is with all other switches.
  • More flexible music navigation by metadata, including allowing the user to define navigation hierarchy. For example, My own preferred library navigation would be:
> Genre
> Artist within Genre
> Album within Artist
> Track within Album
Do any other firmware changes come to mind?

- While using the Qobuz application, if I stream a HiRes file and then go back to 44/16, the sound is distorted with lots of noise. After a restart I can stream the 44/16 files with no issues.

- EDIT: I have seen this only once last night and today I couldn't reproduce. It works just as I have written below as a solution. Still, I would disable the volume hold. ---- A dangerous issue: If you activate hold and turn the volume up or down, then deactivate hold and try to change the volume, it suddenly jumps to the last position before deactivating the hold. If you accidentality turn the volume up during hold and disable hold and try to change the volume, it might suddenly get too high. A solution would be to continue to hold the volume until you turn it to reach the currently played volume level (which is actually the level before the hold was engaged) and then release it.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #827 of 4,083
Is this player full of rf noise when streaming ect? Hiby, ibasso are Chinese made daps that are horrible with Rf noise, truly amateur stuff, is fiio better in that regard?

Nothing I have noticed. I have been Qobuz and DLNA streaming over the 2.4GHz wireless network. With DX2x0, the noise was quite audible.

Feb 1, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #828 of 4,083
Coming form my X7 MK II, everything just has more body and energy. Female vocals sound fantastic, I think I do like a very slight forward sound so Im happy with that, vocals sound a little more pronounced than on the X7. Just more sparkle and energy. I switched back and forth between them with a few tracks with my 800’s and FH7’s. The FH7’s sound phenomenal, was using 3.5mm out as I don’t have a balanced cable yet that fits them. High gain and headphone mode... wow the 800’s really come alive, more texture and energy, the sound stage was great, but does feel a bit larger still. At this point and it is early days, but very very happy! The X7 all of a sudden feels slightly veiled!

Jim Bobber,

Congratulations on the purchase!

If you end up getting a cable I would be curious what you think of the FH7 balanced vs. unbalanced. I've had some DAPs where there has been a significant difference but I'm not finding it noticeable on the M15.

Also when time for extended listening permits it would be great to hear your view on the lowpass filter settings, particularly the Short delay Slow Roll-Off Filter that several on this forum prefer.

Feb 1, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #833 of 4,083
Well after buying the Ifi-Audio Idsd Micro black label, I said 'no more DAP's for me'. Then I saw this, read the thread and now I've ordered from Amazon for delivery tomorrow, AMP3 was another 3 week wait.

Feb 2, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #838 of 4,083
Well after buying the Ifi-Audio Idsd Micro black label, I said 'no more DAP's for me'. Then I saw this, read the thread and now I've ordered from Amazon for delivery tomorrow, AMP3 was another 3 week wait.
not related to fiio, but i said the same thing after bought the micro bl, and sold it a month later after bought sony wm1a lol

Feb 2, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #840 of 4,083
Fiio has announced that their return from Chinese New Year has been delayed to February 10th due to the coronavirus.

Fiio representatives - our thoughts are with you, your families, and all in mainland China during this difficult time.
Yep, thoughts are with you FiiO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back