FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 31, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #812 of 4,083
Jan 31, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #813 of 4,083
Feb 1, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #818 of 4,083
39728B0F-C02C-40CD-BF17-97847C8F2BDC.jpeg
Think I’m as close now to audio nirvana as I’m likely to come!

Feb 1, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #820 of 4,083
Coming form my X7 MK II, everything just has more body and energy. Female vocals sound fantastic, I think I do like a very slight forward sound so Im happy with that, vocals sound a little more pronounced than on the X7. Just more sparkle and energy. I switched back and forth between them with a few tracks with my 800’s and FH7’s. The FH7’s sound phenomenal, was using 3.5mm out as I don’t have a balanced cable yet that fits them. High gain and headphone mode... wow the 800’s really come alive, more texture and energy, the sound stage was great, but does feel a bit larger still. At this point and it is early days, but very very happy! The X7 all of a sudden feels slightly veiled!

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #822 of 4,083
Small thing, but annoying, I changed the playlist order to be in alphabetical order, but that’s changed all my actual playlists so they are no longer as created, I can see no way at all to get back to normal. My X7 was on 1.06 fw, it had more options here and you could get it back into order! Quite annoying!

Feb 1, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #823 of 4,083
Small thing, but annoying, I changed the playlist order to be in alphabetical order, but that’s changed all my actual playlists so they are no longer as created, I can see no way at all to get back to normal. My X7 was on 1.06 fw, it had more options here and you could get it back into order! Quite annoying!
New gear , new issues.

Feb 1, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #824 of 4,083

Today Fiio is back from Chinese New Years and it looks like they're viewing this thread now, so it's a good time to list our requested firmware changes:
  • Playlist ordering options, as noted by Jim Bobber (above)
  • Numerical display of volume (noted by several on this thread). This is very useful for many things, including recreating specific levels when comparing headphones
  • There is no way to prevent the power switch from accidentally powering up the unit while in your bag. See Drop Down Menu > Settings > General > Hold Switch Setting, where there should be a slider for the power switch as there is with all other switches.
  • More flexible music navigation by metadata, including allowing the user to define navigation hierarchy. For example, My own preferred library navigation would be:
> Genre
> Artist within Genre
> Album within Artist
> Track within Album
Do any other firmware changes come to mind?

Feb 1, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #825 of 4,083
its not a firmware issue, but where does that extra piece of glass actually go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back