FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 28, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #723 of 4,083
I meant because you said “possibly”...
I said “possibly” because I saw 2 very different pictures. 1 of it showing those Decoupling caps to be KO-Kemet line, and while one shows AXV generic caps :D

I would love to dissect one and modify for the fun out of it, but unfortunately....my money don’t come from the rains LOL

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #724 of 4,083
I said “possibly” because I saw 2 very different pictures. 1 of it showing those Decoupling caps to be KO-Kemet line, and while one shows AXV generic caps :D

I would love to dissect one and modify for the fun out of it, but unfortunately....my money don’t come from the rains LOL
Oh very strange! I really can’t make much out... maybe it’s my phone screen

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #727 of 4,083
Why is this review completely different from the one given by the other guy the other day?

Well the other one wasn't a review, as he indicated, it wasn't really even a comparison. He has yet to post his.

Jan 29, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #728 of 4,083
Why would you expect it to be better than the SP2000??? Something that cost half the price? Never heard the SP2000 but definitely better than the Cube.
I for one liked much more the Cube then SP 2000 , yes maybe SP has a tiny bit more resolution but in all the other sound aspects is worse for me.
The cube has a naturalness and a musicality that is really difficult to find in other daps, the perfection from the bass trough the mid and highs also , without even talking about the power that is much more then all the daps I heard and has the capability of making shine even big cans as Audeze LCD4 so I doubt m15 is good as that, on plus I heard already that the soundstage of m15 is not that great. I would love some statements about the sound of m15.
Yours Jedi Baritone

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #729 of 4,083
I think M15 has a problem with high resolution files like at 352.8khz at 24bit 9483kbps and above. Songs play with a crackling sound and with gaps. My DX228Ex and Sony wm1a playing same files with no problems.
Anybody knows anything about this issue. Hopefully will be rectified with next firmware update.

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #730 of 4,083
Just thinking, if I wanted to get the Nura app (for nuraphones) on an M15, would I need to try and get hold of the APK? Not an Android man and my X7 MKII has google play so it was not an issue!!

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #731 of 4,083
I don’t think I see any inducted coils throughout the m15 internal pictures. I also see “possibly” 4 decoupling capacitors being AXV generic caps. I wonder why everything else is KO lines, but decoupling is AXV, the place that matters.

I was wondering why you are not here on this thread. :) Can you please elaborate KO-Kemet vs AXV generic?

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #732 of 4,083
Surprise of the evening. Found it locally in Berlin. So far... At last the Qobuz application runs as good as it runs on a mobile phone.

PhotoPictureResizer_200129_183733158_crop_2113x1440.jpg

Very quickly tested with Oppo PM-1. Great detail. I find it definitely more detailed than Cube. Need to give it more time but it is a keeper for me.

I also got the Shure SA900 portable amp (with 0.35 ohms output impedance) second hand, and can use it if I feel the sound is off for sensitive IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #733 of 4,083
Why is this review completely different from the one given by the other guy the other day?
because this guy is Fiio connected and always had positive reviews about their products, even for x5iii crap. He was one of the guys who introduced Fiio products to Romanian potential customers. He;s enthusiastic about M15 and if he's going to sell it, i might try it but without play store, i don't know...

Jan 29, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #735 of 4,083
Surprise of the evening. Found it locally in Berlin. So far... At last the Qobuz application runs as good as on a mobile phone.

Very quickly tested with Oppo PM-1. Great detail. I find it definitely more detailed than Cube. Need to give it more time but it is a keeper for me.

I also got the Shure SA900 portable amp (with 0.35 ohms output impedance) second hand, and can use it if I feel the sound is off for sensitive IEMs.
which iems do you have? can you check out the balance out with them ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back