FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 12, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #331 of 4,083
That means it can't push over 122db without rising up noise. ??
No, that's not what it means. It means the signal is 122dB louder than the noise. So if the noise is 1dB, the signal is 123dB. If you're listening at 123dB (to get even just 1dB of noise), you won't have to worry about the 1dB of noise because you won't be hearing anything after too long. At -120dB and lower (probably -80dB for most people) it's already past the level of audible perception. Just like headphones listing a frequency range of 100KHz. What's the point as no human that ever lived (or will live) can hear it?

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #334 of 4,083
M15 pics. Looks classy. Let's wait for the reviews to come. For a 1500 USD device, it should better be awesome.

upload_2020-1-13_13-0-32.png upload_2020-1-13_13-0-9.png

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #335 of 4,083
M15 pics. Looks classy. Let's wait for the reviews to come. For a 1500 USD device, it should better be awesome.

Weirdly looks like a lotoo to me. That's a good thing though as I love lpgt

Jan 13, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #336 of 4,083
Just perspective, I'm still getting windows updates every few times I start up my computer because bugs were reported. This isn't a new thing and likely won't ever be perfected for a system that isn't bare bones simple. Also, if power and software bugs are a problem, can't you just strap a portable amp to your phone?

Would love to hear this compared to the LP6K and LPGT

Jan 13, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #337 of 4,083
Just perspective, I'm still getting windows updates every few times I start up my computer because bugs were reported. This isn't a new thing and likely won't ever be perfected for a system that isn't bare bones simple. Also, if power and software bugs are a problem, can't you just strap a portable amp to your phone?

Ooo boy you ready to start chasing the Holy Grail ?

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #339 of 4,083
Swiss

If you have a date set for the start of mass production, you need to deliver a properly functioning firmware. But in most of the cases, stabilising the SW takes time and you deliver a firmware which might have small glitches maybe in some but seldom cases but has a mostly working user experience. It could be that the fix you need to deliver needs extensive testing as the fix might have affects on the very fundamental part of the system. In that case, because it is very highly unlikely that you can delay the production line, you prepare and and test your fixes in parallel to the production and deliver an update firmware when done. The newly produced devices anyway receive the updates during production, and early adaptors just wait a few extra minutes for the OTA updates.

This is done for many products likewise. People here scream for an update of everything (SoC, Android etc.), expect the product to be delivered as soon as possible, and at the same time does not want to have any bugfixes being delivered. Process is just not working this way. This is not FiiO specific, even Samsung, Apple, LG, Huawei etc. with their near to infinite resources and much much bigger customer bases have to deliver stability fixes continously.

Let's first hear the device or at least the reviews and then decide if the product is a shame or not.

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #340 of 4,083
Jan 13, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #342 of 4,083
Jan 13, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #343 of 4,083
Price still not worthy of the SoC. I hope HiBy can refresh their lineup soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back