FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Dec 30, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #182 of 4,083
After the launch of M15, one of the most concerned questions is the information about M15Pro, so here's a unified reply:

1. At present, we have clearly given up the plan of M15Pro. Because several plans originally planned were rejected.

2. The original plan included Plan A, replacing the copper shell + replacing some fever components on the basis of M15. The reason for the rejection was that users felt lack of sincerity.

3. Plan B, Change the AMP to THX AAA. The reason for the rejection is that the power will be much smaller than M15, so it was rejected by the user.

4. Plan C, many people expect to change to the THX amplifier, but if you want to use the THX 788, since the THX 788 is a desktop computer, the output power is more than 2 times larger than the M15. The small change based on the existing M15 cann't accommodate. If there is a major change, What will it be? What are the design goals? To whom? How much does it cost? These have to be re-planned. Even if we do, there are a lot of variables and a long way to go, so we have not final decision now.

So if you just worry about the M15Pro coming soon, then don't be worry because it's gone.
When do you start selling the m15?

(i’m in australia)

i should also ask is there going to be a demo tour?
And a demo tour in australia/nz that i can out my hand up for? :)

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #183 of 4,083
Bruh, its okay that alot of people on here are complaining over the price. Alot of people here were waiting for this over the M11 Pro and hoped it would be in line with usual Fiio pricing. $1000 is alot for most. Even tho this M15 has better specs than most for cheaper...alot of the fam wanted it to be under $1000. So you hafta get that...
The pricing of M15 makes M11 pro price sound like a bargain, considering price difference between the two. Many were complaining about the price jump from M11 to M11 pro. Now how about that from M11 pro to M15. I think many made the right choice getting the M11 pro without wasting time waiting for M15.

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #184 of 4,083
The pricing of M15 makes M11 pro price sound like a bargain, considering price difference between the two. Many were complaining about the price jump from M11 to M11 pro. Now how about that from M11 pro to M15. I think many made the right choice getting the M11 pro without wasting time waiting for M15.
IMO the price difference between the M11 and the M11 Pro wasn't even that bad, but I can agree with this. I was expecting the M15 to cost around $850-900. If this DAP is comparable to the $3000 flagships however then I suppose $1299 is still understandable

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #185 of 4,083
20191230_133534.jpg

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #188 of 4,083
Sorry guys, my bad! I was looking at a totally different dap. My mistake.

I find that most DAPs are starting to look very similar to each other anyways :beyersmile:

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #189 of 4,083
I find that most DAPs are starting to look very similar to each other anyways :beyersmile:
Been this way for a long time. A few do stand out.

Dec 30, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #190 of 4,083
After the launch of M15, one of the most concerned questions is the information about M15Pro, so here's a unified reply:

1. At present, we have clearly given up the plan of M15Pro. Because several plans originally planned were rejected.

2. The original plan included Plan A, replacing the copper shell + replacing some fever components on the basis of M15. The reason for the rejection was that users felt lack of sincerity.

3. Plan B, Change the AMP to THX AAA. The reason for the rejection is that the power will be much smaller than M15, so it was rejected by the user.

4. Plan C, many people expect to change to the THX amplifier, but if you want to use the THX 788, since the THX 788 is a desktop computer, the output power is more than 2 times larger than the M15. The small change based on the existing M15 cann't accommodate. If there is a major change, What will it be? What are the design goals? To whom? How much does it cost? These have to be re-planned. Even if we do, there are a lot of variables and a long way to go, so we have not final decision now.

So if you just worry about the M15Pro coming soon, then don't be worry because it's gone.

So, no M15 pro any time soon. This should help post higher sales for both the M15 and M11 pro IMHO. This makes M11 pro the only THX product in the FiiO product line-up, which means more chances of a sale for the M11 pro :) Nice sales strategy FiiO.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #191 of 4,083
When do you start selling the m15?

(i’m in australia)

i should also ask is there going to be a demo tour?
And a demo tour in australia/nz that i can out my hand up for? :)
If everything goes well, M15 will be available worldwide next month.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 30, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #192 of 4,083
After the launch of M15, one of the most concerned questions is the information about M15Pro, so here's a unified reply: At present, we have clearly given up the plan of M15Pro. Because several plans originally planned were rejected. So if you just worry about the M15Pro coming soon, then don't be worry because it's gone.

That makes total sense, thanks for making this crystal clear!

Dec 30, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #194 of 4,083

Thanks James, sounds like some of the moaners helped kill off the Pro, we could of had a copper version with some even higher quality parts :frowning2:

IMG_20191230_094554.jpg

Dec 30, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #195 of 4,083

Plan D : Recent SoC , more RAM , 512Gb of storage , 1080p screen with same battery .

That would be a major change , easy to see even in ABX test , more than whatever components replacing you plan.
And could justify its price .

Althought being more expensive than flaship smartphone is totally ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back