FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 10, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #3,406 of 4,083
When I received M15, was comparing it with AK Kann, sound was pretty similar, Fiio was more boomy, but details and stage-ing neck to neck. M15 was left working few nights in a row, and listened to every day, sound has changed, there is very deep stage, with a good width, another layer of details came of top, and sub bass increased while bass being less boomy. Mids are beatiful, on par with Astell, but top end frequencies are way better, Kann now sounds dull, while Fiio's lower treble are way more detailed without any signs of sibilance. Dynamics are on another level and sound is full bodied without losing any information from audio files. To feel full power of dual 4499, it has to be fed with adequate audio files, hi-res, lossless then it starts to shine and stretch its legs and muscles, leaving Kann in a dust. DAP is TOTL and that is exactly what I was looking for, but it needs lots of hours to break in, components are high grade and require even 300h to settle properly.

Exactly how I feel brother.

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #3,409 of 4,083
Jan 10, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #3,411 of 4,083
Working around with apks is the solution I guess but why isn't Netflix found in play store while others are?

I believe it has to do with the way devices have to be authorised by Google to be recognized as compatible or incompatible for the various sofware versions versus the various Android OS versions.

Only then can one install a signed application on an Android device. That makes that developers constantly have to ensure that their apps are signed for use on a defined set of devices

UAPP has also struggled a bit with that phenomenon that actually is caused by Google. Some other developers simply decide no longer to bother with that for devices that are 'less strategically important' such as the FiiO M15.

Remember, the M15 may come with the play store but in fact is no longer officially supported due to Android 7 .. But at least Netflix offer a workaround with an unsigned version of their own app 😊

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #3,413 of 4,083
The: demon 9200, foster th900, campfire cascades are all ones that I think are great with the M15, I haven’t tried any closed planars myself but the LCD-X and the Diana are good so I assume others are nice as well

How well does the M15 drive the Diana when compared to your desktop setup? You think it takes it to its full potential? I'm looking into getting a pair.

Jan 12, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #3,414 of 4,083
How well does the M15 drive the Diana when compared to your desktop setup? You think it takes it to its full potential? I'm looking into getting a pair.
With the 4.4 I really like it, I’m not sure if it’s getting the full potential but it was enough that I sold my desktop setup. But I know I saw someone else say they didn’t like the combo, the M15 is very neutral with prominent bass with the Diana, I think some people prefer a warmer sound with Diana. Are you looking at the V2 or the Phi?
I like neutral and aggressive sound, for example my fav pairing for th900 is Paw Gold which is aggressive.

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #3,415 of 4,083
With the 4.4 I really like it, I’m not sure if it’s getting the full potential but it was enough that I sold my desktop setup. But I know I saw someone else say they didn’t like the combo, the M15 is very neutral with prominent bass with the Diana, I think some people prefer a warmer sound with Diana. Are you looking at the V2 or the Phi?
I like neutral and aggressive sound, for example my fav pairing for th900 is Paw Gold which is aggressive.

I'm looking for a closed pair to pair with the M15, but I have always been intrigued by the Diana. I was thinking about getting a Denon D9200 or D7200, but when I had the TH900 mk2, it sounded so thin on my desktop setup. I know Fostex and Denon aren't the same thing, but they share similar technology. I always prefer planar.

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #3,416 of 4,083
i also search for a closed back pair to move around with it, so bricks like LCD-XC not considered even though i'd like to have one. I had Denon D7200, the sound was great, musical, on the soft side, plenty of bass, well separated frequencies but without the punch i was used after owning planars.
I now have Fostex th909 which blasts, but it is open and quite big for my small head, i cannot move around too much as they will not stay put, especially with the long heavy stock cable. i ordered a shorter balanced 4.4mm cable, maybe it will be enough, until then i try to find some closed back, has anyone had any experience with Ultrasone Edition series? They are closer to a more portable shape, seem not too big, a tad thinner driver then e.g. fostex, denon, audeze, sony, audio technica.

Jan 12, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #3,417 of 4,083
Seems like @FiiO is not interested on their disabled customers. I asked Wethersfield the fiio music app is accesible by android Talkback (screen reader for the blind)

Jan 12, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #3,418 of 4,083
I'm looking for a closed pair to pair with the M15, but I have always been intrigued by the Diana. I was thinking about getting a Denon D9200 or D7200, but when I had the TH900 mk2, it sounded so thin on my desktop setup. I know Fostex and Denon aren't the same thing, but they share similar technology. I always prefer planar.
I hear good things about the Denons, I’ve never tried them though, cascades and the Ultrasones are great too
i also search for a closed back pair to move around with it, so bricks like LCD-XC not considered even though i'd like to have one. I had Denon D7200, the sound was great, musical, on the soft side, plenty of bass, well separated frequencies but without the punch i was used after owning planars.
I now have Fostex th909 which blasts, but it is open and quite big for my small head, i cannot move around too much as they will not stay put, especially with the long heavy stock cable. i ordered a shorter balanced 4.4mm cable, maybe it will be enough, until then i try to find some closed back, has anyone had any experience with Ultrasone Edition series? They are closer to a more portable shape, seem not too big, a tad thinner driver then e.g. fostex, denon, audeze, sony, audio technica.
I have the edition 15 veritas and like it with the M15, but Campfire cascade is really good with the M15. I like the edition 15 more with lotoo paw gold

Jan 12, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #3,420 of 4,083
Not sure if fiio has said anything but I can try when I get home
Usually the screen reader is under accesbility options..

I am considering an android dap because this issue after suffering a retinal re-detachment. Currently I have a wony NW-WM1A, and u struggle at times to reach my music, e.g change album or view settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back