FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jul 25, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #2,926 of 4,083
So much for trying to help out others and get treated like this!

In my opinion, you could “help” by giving it a rest on the Hugo talk and let me see some actual M15 discussion here in this thread without having to wade through your constant posts saying the same thing over and over about the Hugo 2. You like it, we get it, now go talk about it in a Hugo thread.

Jul 25, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #2,927 of 4,083
In my opinion, you could “help” by giving it a rest on the Hugo talk and let me see some actual M15 discussion here in this thread without having to wade through your constant posts saying the same thing over and over about the Hugo 2. You like it, we get it, now go talk about it in a Hugo thread.

Hear, hear!!

Jul 26, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #2,928 of 4,083
Jul 26, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #2,932 of 4,083
Now you your acting like a 12 year old, classy.

Just ignore him, he'll eventually get bored and move on.
Disguises his "help" for flex and sheer elitist mentality.
Continues the conversation that nobody wants in a thread nor asked, that isn't even dedicated for the said device.
The list piles on, best to just let miserable toxic people stew in their own filth.

Back to the main topic, just recently received my Silicon case and DK-1, rest assured the case is NICE, was expecting so much less.
HOWEVER! getting the m15 out was a pain for any sort of case swap, SD Card update for music library.
The buttons feel MUCH nicer than my Cowhide case but it just is NOT friendly.

Not sure why people have noted that you can't use the Cowhide and Silicone case w/ the DK-1 but it works perfectly fine.

My M15 dropped off my table due to a 3rd party incident while in the Cowhide case and it dented the frame on the bottom right... I feel if I had it in the silicone case that it would've survived the dent.
I can't see it currently due to the case but KNOWING it is there hurts my soul since I have NEVER dropped my stuff ever. Picture below, it isn't bad but it hurts me deep inside.

1595765245774.png

Jul 26, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #2,933 of 4,083
Just ignore him, he'll eventually get bored and move on.
Disguises his "help" for flex and sheer elitist mentality.
Continues the conversation that nobody wants in a thread nor asked, that isn't even dedicated for the said device.
The list piles on, best to just let miserable toxic people stew in their own filth.

Back to the main topic, just recently received my Silicon case and DK-1, rest assured the case is NICE, was expecting so much less.
HOWEVER! getting the m15 out was a pain for any sort of case swap, SD Card update for music library.
The buttons feel MUCH nicer than my Cowhide case but it just is NOT friendly.

Not sure why people have noted that you can't use the Cowhide and Silicone case w/ the DK-1 but it works perfectly fine.

My M15 dropped off my table due to a 3rd party incident while in the Cowhide case and it dented the frame on the bottom right... I feel if I had it in the silicone case that it would've survived the dent.
I can't see it currently due to the case but KNOWING it is there hurts my soul since I have NEVER dropped my stuff ever. Picture below, it isn't bad but it hurts me deep inside.

1595765245774.png
I feel for you. A little black permanent marker will at least help camouflage the damage. I know it won't bring it back to perfect, but it may help in moving on.

Jul 26, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #2,934 of 4,083
I feel for you. A little black permanent marker will at least help camouflage the damage. I know it won't bring it back to perfect, but it may help in moving on.

I was thinking that as well. Chalk it up to battle scars... perfection in imperfection.

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #2,935 of 4,083
Has anybody compared the M15 with SP2000 ? I know it may be foolish to compare these two when they're priced drastically different...

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #2,936 of 4,083
Has anybody compared the M15 with SP2000 ? I know it may be foolish to compare these two when they're priced drastically different...

I believe Porta.Fi made some comparisons in his M15 review and felt the M15 couldn’t match SP2000 in sound quality. That said, I’m actually pretty curious about general usability, UI and stability comparisons between the two.

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #2,937 of 4,083
I believe Porta.Fi made some comparisons in his M15 review and felt the M15 couldn’t match SP2000 in sound quality. That said, I’m actually pretty curious about general usability, UI and stability comparisons between the two.
I was comparing my sp1000m with fiio m11 pro yesterday and they're quite different... so it'd be interesting to see how sp2000 stack up with fiio m15

Jul 26, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #2,939 of 4,083
User experience:
Fiio offers more flexibility as you get the entire package of android system BUT sp1000m just does enough. I mostly use TIDAL with spotify occasionally and sp1000m works like a charm. Smoothness would have to go to m11 pro but sp1000m is still smooth enough. However, sp1000m has much better UI and navigation experience. Once you learned the UI on the AK players, it's so easy to manipulate and find things.

Sound quality:
This is where things might get arbitrary. For my ears, SP1000m offers more fine details and textures. Power wise they're about the same (tested with 2.5mm balanced output with IER Z1R and QDC ANOLE VX).

Overall conclusion: if you decide to go AK, then you're pretty much paying for a much better user experience (navigation, stability, etc) and better tunings ...

Hope this helps !

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #2,940 of 4,083
Regarding: fiio-file.fiio.net/M15-ota-20200722.zip - more information if you have not come across yet...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wian Liu
July 22, 2020 - 5:04AM

Hello everyone, here comes the latest 0722 beta firmware for M11/M11Pro/M15.
Notice: this version is still under beta testing phase, if everything works fine, we will release the offical firmware next weeks. And if you have any problem, please feel free to contact us at support@fiio.com. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Download link:
M11->fiio-file.fiio.net/M11-ota-20200722.zip
M11Pro->fiio-file.fiio.net/M11Pro-ota-20200722.zip
M15->fiio-file.fiio.net/M15-ota-20200722.zip

Update note:
1. Added tracks sorting within playlists (now the playlists sorting, which is based playlist names, and tracks sorting within playlists are controlled independently);
2. Improved the MQA identification and playback, fixing the issue where a part of the MQA track would be missing when switching tracks, and also added MQA playback indication on the status bar;
3. Improved the issue where the folders loading would be slowed down when the "Hide un-scanned folders" option is enabled in Scanning settings;
4. Fixed Sony Hi-res application can't be played;
5. Miscellaneous improvements.
1595865497614.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wian Liu:
Here is the reply from MQA: The best method for driving an oversampling DAC chip is to fully unfold the MQA to its original sample rate and then upsample it with filters optimised by MQA for that DAC chip. This guarantees the correct time response for the MQA signal by avoiding the use of the DAC's built in filters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello everyone, for the MQA indicator, we have been required to show the original sample rate in the status bar. All the MQA files are still decoded by MQA library as before.
It means if your MQA file's original sample rate is 352.8k, then it will show 352.8k just like my attachment; if your MQA file's sample is 96k/44.1k, then it will show 96k/44.1k.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, we don't change the version code in the beta version, you can check the Kernel version, it should be Jul 22.
For Tidal, please update to the latest version of Tidal to see if it works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back