FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jul 24, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #2,881 of 4,083
While I’ll agree, Hugo 2 is simply amazing and I love mine, 2Go is really bad and a huge wasted opportunity. Go read through the 2Go thread and you’ll find many owners up in arms and simply appalled at its inability to deliver basic streamer functionality reliably. Poly is the same story, and both are priced at a premium in true Chord fashion.

Hugo 2 is awesome, 2Go is terrible which is why I stack my M15 and Hugo2 when I’m just hanging around the house and mostly stationary

D4F50B02-ED83-40C8-83D4-75C5EF594B65.jpeg
While I’ll agree, Hugo 2 is simply amazing and I love mine, 2Go is really bad and a huge wasted opportunity. Go read through the 2Go thread and you’ll find many owners up in arms and simply appalled at its inability to deliver basic streamer functionality reliably. Poly is the same story, and both are priced at a premium in true Chord fashion.

Hugo 2 is awesome, 2Go is terrible which is why I stack my M15 and Hugo2 when I’m just hanging around the house and mostly stationary

D4F50B02-ED83-40C8-83D4-75C5EF594B65.jpeg
i've been one of the guys trying to figure out the network issues.... when it works its magical... when it doesnt very frustrating... most times bullet proof... there seems to be some roon incompatibility issues.... hopefully chord will get it right with a FW update at some point.

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #2,882 of 4,083
i've been one of the guys trying to figure out the network issues.... when it works its magical... when it doesnt very frustrating... most times bullet proof... there seems to be some roon incompatibility issues.... hopefully chord will get it right with a FW update at some point.

I sure hope they can pull something off w/ software, the concept is outstanding and exactly what I'm looking for. If they can get it right I'll happily vote with my cash.

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #2,883 of 4,083
I've no doubt it is better but I know for a fact that it is not 2-3 times better. 10-20% maybe but doubtful.
My Etymotic earphones sell new for £350, my Audeze lcd i3 are almost 3 times the price but they are not that margin better.
It is absolutely 50% better. The delta IS that large. I’m not kidding. One of my female friends listened to the m15 and then H2go. She looked at the m15 with disgust after 60 seconds with the H2go. It was immediate... And then she did something really strange after listening to a couple of songs with the h2go... she took the headphones off and just stared at them. I’ve never seen this happen beforeOther than with products people are totally surprised by That elicit an emotional response. It seriously exceeded my expectations by a wide margin... I could not go back to the M 15... If it was 10 or 20% better I could probably rationalize not spending the extra money but the Delta was so wide that I didn’t even think twice about it I just thought to myself “wow I can’t believe that I can actually walk around on hikes and listen to music like this”

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #2,884 of 4,083
It is absolutely 50% better. The delta IS that large. I’m not kidding. One of my female friends listened to the m15 and then H2go. She looked at the m15 with disgust after 60 seconds with the H2go. It was immediate... And then she did something really strange after listening to a couple of songs with the h2go... she took the headphones off and just stared at them. I’ve never seen this happen beforeOther than with products people are totally surprised by That elicit an emotional response. It seriously exceeded my expectations by a wide margin... I could not go back to the M 15... If it was 10 or 20% better I could probably rationalize not spending the extra money but the Delta was so wide that I didn’t even think twice about it I just thought to myself “wow I can’t believe that I can actually walk around on hikes and listen to music like this”
Again in your opinion. However much you perceive the difference is fine but I doubt it is that large.

Jul 25, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #2,886 of 4,083
It is.... get it and see yourself.
In your opinion!

Here's a thing. I've got the Ifi audio black label idsd. There are people who prefer it or put it very close to the Hugo2 despite it being a fraction of the cost, now I love my idsd but I prefer the M15.

No need for me to try something that doesn't outperform something I already own.

Don't get me wrong I totally believe your Hugo2 is better and to your ears its insanely better but hardly fair to come in to the M15 thread and talk of your disgust and new found dislike because you've got an item that is more than twice the price. Do it in the Chord thread.

The M15 for the price is by far (in my opinion) the best DAP money can buy based on sound, features and price.

If I wanted a new Dac/Amp/Streamer I'd probably not consider the Chord due to not really liking the mojo/Poly and not seeing a great benefit over my ifi audio idsd.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #2,887 of 4,083
In your opinion!

Here's a thing. I've got the Ifi audio black label idsd. There are people who prefer it or put it very close to the Hugo2 despite it being a fraction of the cost, now I love my idsd but I prefer the M15.

No need for me to try something that doesn't outperform something I already own.

Don't get me wrong I totally believe your Hugo2 is better and to your ears its insanely better but hardly fair to come in to the M15 thread and talk of your disgust and new found dislike because you've got an item that is more than twice the price. Do it in the Chord thread.

The M15 for the price is by far (in my opinion) the best DAP money can buy based on sound, features and price.

If I wanted a new Dac/Amp/Streamer I'd probably not consider the Chord due to not really liking the mojo/Poly and not seeing a great benefit over my ifi audio idsd.
Ifi dsd is nowhere near the H2... sorry.... and yes I agree for price m15 is the best package on the market and a great backup dap.... but it is nowhere close to H2go. Fact.

SO... if you ONLY can scrape together 1200 ish and getting to the 3k for H2go is absolutely not achievable by all means get the m15 which is inferior..., along with every other dap. BUT if you can sell some gear and get the 3k... the sheer joy of what the H2go brings to the table will have you wondering why you never went this route prior. We come here to learn from others experiences luckily I have the means to buy all of the flag ship gear and test them...this is simply the best DAP in the world today. Period. I’ve spent over 50k on Headfi gear in last 24 months testing variations... I only speak of this through experience. H2go Matched with the right iems or headphones is simply the winner.

And yes I have mojo poly as well and I agree with your assesssment... that too is NOT close to H2go.... m15 is better than mojopoly... H2go is much better than both of them... H2go is much better than dx220max and sp2000. End of story... not subjective when 90% of tested subjects would agree.I have no skin in this game other to than to inform people of my own experience... this is not a subtle difference... it is like a punch in the mouth... this is how much better it is. If you do a comparison with M15 and Ier Z1R or LCD 4Z and the H2go...There is no going back-and-forth ... there is no wondering if there was a better bass or sound separation, sound stage etc. the difference is not subtle it’s as obvious as going from 1080 P led to 4Khdr oled.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #2,888 of 4,083
Ifi dsd is nowhere near the H2... sorry.... and yes I agree for price m15 is the best package on the market and a great backup dap.... but it is nowhere close to H2go. Fact.
How do you know the idsd is nowhere near? Other users think different, maybe they are right and you are wrong.

Not fact I'm afraid but just your opinion.

Jul 25, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #2,889 of 4,083
How do you know the idsd is nowhere near? Other users think different, maybe they are right and you are wrong.

Not fact I'm afraid but just your opinion.
Dude there are several other chaps that have m15 and H2go.... they all agree with me... it’s a shocking difference. Let me put it this way. When I first got into this game there is no way I ever thought I would spend more than $2000 on A headphone... I took home and demoed a TT2 and M scaler... Got my first LCD 4Z and LCD 4... As I want to separate fact from fiction with both of those as well because there’s so much BS on these sites. The TT2 mscaler was so good the bass and the thickness of the sound was so phenomenal that I had to buy them. But every dap I bought and tested never came close to that experience. Alll the ak stuff dx220 m15 mojopoly etc... So I thought that was completely reserved for desktop which was unfortunate. I read the Hug2 review on the verge a couple years ago and thought there’s no way that this thing could be any good or that much better than mojo poly. So I held out never bought it never auditioned it... But I did know that I got a nice sound quality boost for the mojo when I got the poly so I thought maybe it could be interesting to try the Hugo with 2go. I heard some guys on the forum saying it was like a slice of Dave and I thought that was complete BS... nevertheless I said screw it and bought it. Open the box fired it up next to my three week burnt in M 15 plugged in the LCD 4Z... and I was blown away.... I was shocked at how close it was to TT2 mscaler at least 75% there... I simply didn’t believe this was possible Based on having listened to all these other flagship android-based daps... after I heard the delta between m15 and H2go there was zero hesitation returning it and immediately zero remorse knowing I’d effectively need to double the price to get H2go... none... I simply had to have it. In fact in the last two weeks the times I go hiking and I just feel blessed that I can listen to this level of sound quality while I’m out walking around. That’s my story man take it or leave it but it’s a fact.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #2,890 of 4,083
Dude there are several other chaps that have m15 and H2go.... they all agree with me... it’s a shocking difference. Let me put it this way. When I first got into this game there is no way I ever thought I would spend more than $2000 on A headphone... I took home and demoed a TT2 and M scaler... Got my first LCD 4Z and LCD 4... As I want to separate fact from fiction with both of those as well because there’s so much BS on these sites. The TT2 mscaler was so good the bass and the thickness of the sound was so phenomenal that I had to buy them. But every dap I bought and tested never came close to that experience. Alll the ak stuff dx220 m15 mojopoly etc... So I thought that was completely reserved for desktop which was unfortunate. I read the Hug2 review on the verge a couple years ago and thought there’s no way that this thing could be any good or that much better than mojo poly. So I held out never bought it never auditioned it... But I did know that I got a nice sound quality boost for the mojo when I got the poly so I thought maybe it could be interesting to try the Hugo with 2go. I heard some guys on the form saying it was like a slice of Dave and I thought that was complete BS nevertheless I said screw it and bought it. Open the box fired it up next to my three week burnt in M 15 plugged in the LCD for Z and I was blown away I was shocked at how close it was to TT2 mscaler at least 75% there... I simply didn’t believe this was possible Based on having listen to all these other flagship android-based daps... In fact in the last two weeks the times I go hiking and I have just I feel blessed that I can listen to the sound quality while I’m out walking around. That’s my story man take it or leave it but it’s a fact
Lovely story but its only your fact otherwise known as an opinion lol

I've not said the H2go is not better than the M15 just saying I very much doubt its as big a gap as your suggesting, to your ears maybe but I know I know from other stuff I've read and experience that diminishing returns come into play.

Main thing is you are comparing two different types of products!!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #2,891 of 4,083
Lovely story but its only your fact otherwise known as an opinion lol

I've not said the H2go is not better than the M15 just saying I very much doubt its as big a gap as your suggesting, to your ears maybe but I know I know from other stuff I've read and experience that diminishing returns come into play.

Main thing is you are comparing two different types of products!!
Listen I get the diminishing returns thing.., on 2channel and headfi I’ve spent close to 200k in last 24months... So I’ve managed to get a lot of experience testing a lot of gear and this is one of those situations where it is not a diminishing returns thing it is a product whose Delta exceeds all the other current generation daps. The sound is of a different nature is very organic sort of flows like water it’s the only dap that actually makes me want to listen to music more.... AND keep in mind 2go is not a perfect product in current incarnation. There are some connectivity issues with Roon.... but through all this frustration the sound.... the music wins... ultimately that’s what it’s about... with this product i now feel like I can rest.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #2,892 of 4,083
THE H2 2GO, is the best music player in the world, is that enough? Let's talk about the M15, this thread is for it, I am tired of H2, you have made enough for Chord already, let's move on IMG_20200725_103457.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #2,895 of 4,083
I don’t keep it all... I return or sell... goal is to get best sound for the buck.... but have cycled through a substantial amount of gear trying to separate fact from fiction... need to start a vlog.... would be better than these debates that lead nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back