FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
May 5, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #2,102 of 4,083
I just received my M15 and had question. When using Tidal, will the M15 show the bitrate of the song playing in the status bar? Not sure if it is something that it will do or not?

May 5, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #2,104 of 4,083
With the lastest beta firmware it will yes

So I would have to install the beta firmware for it to do that. Is the beta firmware fairly stable? How did you get the beta firmware? I am also going to install UAPP and give that a try as well.

May 5, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #2,106 of 4,083
If you buy a Ferrari , you have the best of what can be done in the market , with engine made by Ferrari, not by other manufacturer.
They won't put inside an old engine from 2 decades ago , parts that aren't used and relevant anymore ... and sell it at the same price that the brand new Huracàn ...
You misunderstood the above example. Fiio, citing a sports car as an example, wanted to say that a sports car is a transport for that category of people who like sports, fast driving, racing, but this car is not suitable for everyday life. This type of car has its target audience. People who buy this class of cars, they know what they give their money for. The same can be said about the M15 device, it is expensive, it has outstanding characteristics, it has high quality sound and, in terms of price, its capabilities and sound level, it is positioned as a solution for audiophiles, and not as another mass music device for average ipod users. A person who buys M15 knows what he is giving his money for.

How can a SoC affect sound quality ?
Where did Fiio write that SoC affects the sound? Have you carefully read what Fiio wrote?

May 5, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #2,107 of 4,083
….

Where did Fiio write that SoC affects the sound? Have you carefully read what Fiio wrote?
Clearly they did not read it carefully enough.

May 5, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #2,108 of 4,083
If you buy a Ferrari , you have the best of what can be done in the market , with engine made by Ferrari, not by other manufacturer.
They won't put inside an old engine from 2 decades ago , parts that aren't used and relevant anymore ... and sell it at the same price that the brand new Huracàn ...

What parts FiiO make in their devices ? SoC ? DAC ? Amp? Screen ?

What are the audio differences ,that you can actually hear, between a AK4499 and AK4497 ? AK4490 ?
Is all that power really needed in portable situation ?

How can a SoC affect sound quality ?
How can a 14 nm SoC can be better than a 7 nm regarding power consumption with better Wifi / Bluetooth / RAM handling ?

It is a metaphor

If you can point out a DAP that uses the latest 7nm SOC that would be very helpful.

May 5, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #2,109 of 4,083
It is a metaphor

If you can point out a DAP that uses the latest 7nm SOC that would be very helpful.
Not to mention, perhaps the OP should take it further and point out why that really matters. It might be a nice to have, but for certain using the latest and greatest increases cost but will it make the DAP sound any better? Are people buying a DAP to drewell over the specifications first and foremost or is the sound and user experience that is the most important thing? I get why people are caught up in the newest and most powerful iteration of a technology. Sure new is exciting, but at the end of the day if something sounds great, has the features that you need/want and performs well would it really matter that a few less than cutting edge components are in the mix?

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #2,110 of 4,083
Not to mention, perhaps the OP should take it further and point out why that really matters. It might be a nice to have, but for certain using the latest and greatest increases cost but will it make the DAP sound any better? Are people buying a DAP to droll over the specifications first and foremost or is the sound and user experience that is the most important thing? I get why people are caught up in the newest and most powerful iteration of a technology. Sure new is exciting, but at the end of the day if something sounds great, has the features that you need/want and performs well would it really matter that a few less than cutting edge components are in the mix?

Here we are, back to square one. It is like discussing about why the astronauts are not wearing Gucci made space suits. I thought these discussions would end after it was discussed so many times here a few months ago, also on Facebook, and explained by FiiO so many times what it means to make a product for such a niche market. Some people just don't want to reason based on facts.

May 6, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #2,111 of 4,083
_91A2088.jpg
_91A2091.jpg
_91A2093.jpg
_91A2094.jpg
_91A2097-编辑.jpg
_91A2103.jpg
_91A2104.jpg
_91A2105.jpg
_91A2107.jpg
_91A2110.jpg
_91A2113.jpg
_91A2120.jpg
_91A2237.jpg
_91A2243.jpg
_91A2246.jpg
_91A2251.jpg
_91A2256.jpg
_91A2260.jpg
_91A2263.jpg
_91A2266.jpg
_91A2268.jpg
_91A2272.jpg
P1080770.jpg
P1080777.jpg
P1080779.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 6, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #2,113 of 4,083
Here we are, back to square one. It is like discussing about why the astronauts are not wearing Gucci made space suits. I thought these discussions would end after it was discussed so many times here a few months ago, also on Facebook, and explained by FiiO so many times what it means to make a product for such a niche market. Some people just don't want to reason based on facts.
Every thread goes round and round.

May 6, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #2,115 of 4,083
Just wanted to say that Fiio support also Contacted me and they have been fantastic.
Even letting me know the timeline of when I should be able to get a new M15

You get the replacement from FiiO and not EFLC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back