FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Jan 13, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #918 of 1,931
Jan 13, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #919 of 1,931
I got the M11 Pro like 3 weeks ago. Im using the Campfire Andromeda S and got a 4,4 mm cable for them today. Im sad to report that i can hear a quiet prominent hiss after playing music.
It was less apparent with the 3.5 mm cable. Is there anything i can do to decrease the hiss or is that just the way 4.4 mm ports work? Its my first balanced connection.
I haven't used the Andromeda but I see the hiss issue come up all the time in reviews where a reviewer is testing a playback device with the Andros. They seem to be very sensitive to hiss noise.

Jan 13, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #920 of 1,931
Regular version Andromeda user here, there is no hizz when you don't press the play button, but after you played a song, there will be a tiny tiny hizz noise for about 10 seconds before the M11pro shuts it off, so it goes back to pitch black again. I haven't gotten annoyed by the tiny hizz at all.

Jan 13, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #921 of 1,931
and the Fiio M9 (my previous DAP before I gifted it to my best friend) has a much larger hizz in between songs than the Fiio M11pro, that's why I already think it's an improvement over my previous DAP.

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #922 of 1,931
Yes, even with my FH7 I'am able to pick up hiss from all of my devices, this includes mojo, idsd black, m11, m11 pro. Th m11 pro beats them with the amount of hiss as I can only hear the hiss in the early morning when my hearing is most sensitive. The only gear where I'm not able to pickup hiss is the TA-ZH1ES but that is a huge a** desktop unit with some proprietery feed forward noise cancelling woodoo stuff.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #923 of 1,931
Just out of curiosity... anyone who owns the m11pro, are you experiencing any weird screen issues?

At first I thought it was an app that was creating a problem... but that is not the case. What's happening is when I charge the unit to completion and then it sits around for anywhere from a few hours to a few days when I turn it on the screen starts to freak out on me when I try and swipe it open. Then it starts opening the clock or taking screenshots or opening other apps, finally I just reboot when it lets me then it goes back to normal. The only thing I can think is that I am rushing the booting up process and it is remembering all the screen swipes and finger hits on the screen while I'm trying to get it to open up and then stop all the nonsense from happening... Once it is up and running... It works flawlessly... Has anybody had any similar experiences?.... Still waiting on FiiO to reply to my email.

Jan 15, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #924 of 1,931
Just out of curiosity... anyone who owns the m11pro, are you experiencing any weird screen issues?

At first I thought it was an app that was creating a problem... but that is not the case. What's happening is when I charge the unit to completion and then it sits around for anywhere from a few hours to a few days when I turn it on the screen starts to freak out on me when I try and swipe it open. Then it starts opening the clock or taking screenshots or opening other apps, finally I just reboot when it lets me then it goes back to normal. The only thing I can think is that I am rushing the booting up process and it is remembering all the screen swipes and finger hits on the screen while I'm trying to get it to open up and then stop all the nonsense from happening... Once it is up and running... It works flawlessly... Has anybody had any similar experiences?.... Still waiting on FiiO to reply to my email.
Is your screen clean? Just in case, wipe it with a cleaning agent for optical surfaces. Does the protective glass adhere well to the screen of the device? A protective glass has already been glued on the screen from the factory, if you glued another one, remove it.
If all of the above does not help, then make a full reset to the factory settings.

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #925 of 1,931
Is your screen clean? Just in case, wipe it with a cleaning agent for optical surfaces. Does the protective glass adhere well to the screen of the device? A protective glass has already been glued on the screen from the factory, if you glued another one, remove it.
If all of the above does not help, then make a full reset to the factory settings.

Screen is Crystal clear and totally affixed... Just tried rebooting now... Just had to try and reboot 5 times before going back to normal because it was taking screenshot after screenshot non stop... Opening the clock... Opening es ... And other apps. Literally just started pulling this nonsense a few days ago... Definitely not me... I didn't even touch it this time... I just watched it... Looked like the screen was jumping from trying to be opened from the swipe lock screen and then everything else started happening. So far I've turned off the double tap to wake to see if that helps anything. Still waiting on any kind of answer from FiiO

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #926 of 1,931
You are good, 15% is something super reasonable! In my country, the tax is 60% AND an extra fee for someone to “import” it... So, the regular M11 Pro with free shipping to my country would be 1190, add in some shipping and you are paying well over double the price hahaha

It's the same here, maybe we are in the same country XD ! Heck, what wouldn't I do for 15% of import taxes instead of 60%

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #927 of 1,931
Screen is Crystal clear and totally affixed... Just tried rebooting now... Just had to try and reboot 5 times before going back to normal because it was taking screenshot after screenshot non stop... Opening the clock... Opening es ... And other apps. Literally just started pulling this nonsense a few days ago... Definitely not me... I didn't even touch it this time... I just watched it... Looked like the screen was jumping from trying to be opened from the swipe lock screen and then everything else started happening. So far I've turned off the double tap to wake to see if that helps anything. Still waiting on any kind of answer from FiiO
I feel sorry for your situation.
Is the player updated to the latest firmware? If not, update, there were some stability issues on the old firmware 1.0.0. The latest firmware version for today is numbered 1.0.1. You can upgrade by connecting to a Wi-Fi network, or go to the Fiio website and download the firmware file from there.http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=45117&extra= The version of the installed firmware can be viewed by going to the settings / about the device. The item "build number" is the version of the latest firmware.
After the update, make a full reset to the factory settings, this is necessary for greater stability during further work with the device.
If you have already done all of the above, we will hope that the Fiio official representative helps you deal with the problem.

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #928 of 1,931
I feel sorry for your situation.
Is the player updated to the latest firmware? If not, update, there were some stability issues on the old firmware 1.0.0. The latest firmware version for today is numbered 1.0.1. You can upgrade by connecting to a Wi-Fi network, or go to the Fiio website and download the firmware file from there.http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=45117&extra= The version of the installed firmware can be viewed by going to the settings / about the device. The item "build number" is the version of the latest firmware.
After the update, make a full reset to the factory settings, this is necessary for greater stability during further work with the device.
If you have already done all of the above, we will hope that the Fiio official representative helps you deal with the problem.

Thanks... It has the latest firmware... I did the factory reset this morning. No issues after that... but I have yet to turn it back on after sitting for a while... I'll see how it goes later... Hopefully FiiO will get back to me asap.

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #929 of 1,931
Thanks... It has the latest firmware... I did the factory reset this morning. No issues after that... but I have yet to turn it back on after sitting for a while... I'll see how it goes later... Hopefully FiiO will get back to me asap.

They better! This is not a cheap device. I absolutely adore my M11 Pro and so far no issues. I recently updated the firmware and it sort of feels slower to me. But not significantly so.
Hope you solve the issue soon!

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #930 of 1,931
They better! This is not a cheap device. I absolutely adore my M11 Pro and so far no issues. I recently updated the firmware and it sort of feels slower to me. But not significantly so.
Hope you solve the issue soon!
I also advise you to do a full reset to the factory settings after the update to get more stability, I advise you to do this after each firmware update. If you want the device to work faster, I advise you to turn off the animation, for this you need to enter the developer mode. In order to enter the developer mode, you need to open the settings / about the device, then you need to click on the build number 7 times in a row (where the version of your firmware 1.0.1 is indicated), after these actions a notification appears that you are a developer . Thus, a new item "For Developers" will appear in the settings, by going into it you need to activate it and find three points: Window Animation, Transition Animation and Animation Duration. In each section, select the item - without animation.
Thus, the device will work faster.
Also, the speed of the device’s work with files depends on the reading speed of your MicroSD card, the class 10 card is optimal for this device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back