FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Jan 12, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #902 of 1,931
Hi

As an owner of an X7ii, I am thinking about purchasing an M11 or M11 Pro. I'm a bit paranoid about battery life as I almost bought an iBasso DX220, but there is a thread on here where people are getting as little as 4.5 hours. So I was a bit troubled reading this on FiiO's forum:

After charging M11 pro to 100%, I played music in M11 pro continuously using pure music mode, high gain, short delay sharp roll-off filter and all to DSD enabled. Wifi and Bluetooth were disabled. I used Shure SE846 with 4.4mm balanced cable. The battery was drained in exactly 5 hours (I used a stopwatch to monitor this). According to the Fiio website, battery life is up to 9.5 hours.

The poster also mentioned the device got hot during playback. Can someone shed some light on these issues?

Regards

Darren

Jan 12, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #903 of 1,931
Hi

As an owner of an X7ii, I am thinking about purchasing an M11 or M11 Pro. I'm a bit paranoid about battery life as I almost bought an iBasso DX220, but there is a thread on here where people are getting as little as 4.5 hours. So I was a bit troubled reading this on FiiO's forum:

After charging M11 pro to 100%, I played music in M11 pro continuously using pure music mode, high gain, short delay sharp roll-off filter and all to DSD enabled. Wifi and Bluetooth were disabled. I used Shure SE846 with 4.4mm balanced cable. The battery was drained in exactly 5 hours (I used a stopwatch to monitor this). According to the Fiio website, battery life is up to 9.5 hours.

The poster also mentioned the device got hot during playback. Can someone shed some light on these issues?

Regards

Darren

he is on high gain and all dsd, it will drain the battery just using those things

Jan 12, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #904 of 1,931
Thanks for the answer. I've had most models of FiiO's DAPs over the years and have always used high gain without issue. Is it the "All to DSD" draining the battery? Must be a lot of processing going on.

Jan 12, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #905 of 1,931
Thanks for the answer. I've had most models of FiiO's DAPs over the years and have always used high gain without issue. Is it the "All to DSD" draining the battery? Must be a lot of processing going on.

might be, i tried using all dsd for a day, really drained my battery, i dont even know what it is for, never really miss it

Jan 12, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #906 of 1,931
It upsamples any audio format to DSD, presumably causing high processor usage and draining the battery. It might explain his second comment about the Pro running hot?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #907 of 1,931
It upsamples any audio format to DSD, presumably causing high processor usage and draining the battery. It might explain his second comment about the Pro running hot?

From my casual usage - yes. Function "All to DSD" puts a lot of pressure to hardware and slice the battery to half and the player gets "hotter". The temperature is fine by me, nothing to worry about but this may be subjective.
Without "All to DSD" and brightness mostly set to 30% with some Wi-Fi use (streaming online with TIDAL) I get about 8-9 hours of playback (may vary by used source files I guess) and without any significant/noticeable temperature increase. Please keep in mind I did not any extensive testing, these just my casual observations after buying this DAP.

For me its fine, I'm used to charge my portable devices like iPhone or Watch daily, but I understand for some this may be an issue.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #908 of 1,931
I do not understand people's complaints about the operating time of this device. Now the vast majority of portable Hi-Fi devices work within 9-10 hours maximum! If you need a long operating time for a music device, the choice is obvious - an MP3 player or an entry-level Hi-Fi device with a codec.

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #910 of 1,931
I got the M11 Pro like 3 weeks ago. Im using the Campfire Andromeda S and got a 4,4 mm cable for them today. Im sad to report that i can hear a quiet prominent hiss after playing music.
It was less apparent with the 3.5 mm cable. Is there anything i can do to decrease the hiss or is that just the way 4.4 mm ports work? Its my first balanced connection.

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #912 of 1,931
Jan 13, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #913 of 1,931
I got the M11 Pro like 3 weeks ago. Im using the Campfire Andromeda S and got a 4,4 mm cable for them today. Im sad to report that i can hear a quiet prominent hiss after playing music.
It was less apparent with the 3.5 mm cable. Is there anything i can do to decrease the hiss or is that just the way 4.4 mm ports work? Its my first balanced connection.

Not sure if this can be compared but I use Sennheiser HD 660 S with 4.4mm balanced and I cant hear any hiss.

Jan 13, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #914 of 1,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back