Fiio M11 Pro $600 is coming - Will you Purchase it ?
Sep 14, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #181 of 839
I'm a streaming lover .
I like to use Spotify - Tidal and soundcloud sometimes. I like to root and install viper4android. I can't live without viper4android. That dynamic sound you have with rooted devices is for me the best of all and above all. You can even tune the sound attacks dynamics :wink:
Simple I Love it. ❤️
Better than the m11 for me doesn't exist.
Now with the m11 pro for sure im a fiio lover :)

Galaxy TAB 6 + M11 pro (Viper4android ON with IRS of simulation 7.1) + Sony xba-z5 - shall do a great things for my bedroom while watching TV shows before I sleep. As well as getting up in the morning with music :wink:

Sep 15, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #184 of 839
Fiio also already teased at a duo ak4499 M15 with some other amp and a m15pro with thx amp
When did they tease an M15 Pro? I'm interested

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #185 of 839
Still no MQA or Google Play though it seems. Had an M11. Lovely sound when it worked but trying to play hires Qobuz through it was a disaster. And with no MQA I can’t get the best out of Tidal either. N6ii looks good but no MQA again.

Why you say no MQA? My M9 does MQA just fine through Tidal as of fw 1.04. I'm sure the M11 Pro will do the same.

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #186 of 839
Why you say no MQA? My M9 does MQA just fine through Tidal as of fw 1.04. I'm sure the M11 Pro will do the same.
M9 and M11 only does the first unfold of Tidal, which is a semi-lossless high-res format. You need MQA certification to fully unfold MQA and currently only the M11 Pro is slated to have that. Hopefully if enough users ask for it Fiio will add it to their other DAPs via firmware.

Sep 15, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #188 of 839
M9 and M11 only does the first unfold of Tidal, which is a semi-lossless high-res format. You need MQA certification to fully unfold MQA and currently only the M11 Pro is slated to have that. Hopefully if enough users ask for it Fiio will add it to their other DAPs via firmware.
Yes that’s right. Of course you can play Tidal Master tracks through an M11. But you’re not getting full MQA quality. It doesn’t have the certification.

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #191 of 839
Will I buy the M11 Pro? No. Looks like it will be an awesome player, it really does, but I want Play Store compatibility. When FiiO gets that in place on a higher end player they will be a contender for my $$. Not until then. And when they do, then they will of course have to compete on build quality, sound, ergonomics, performance, feature set, etc. Play Store compatibility just gets a player into the arena to compete for my $$.

Sep 16, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #192 of 839
Will I buy the M11 Pro? No. Looks like it will be an awesome player, it really does, but I want Play Store compatibility. When FiiO gets that in place on a higher end player they will be a contender for my $$. Not until then. And when they do, then they will of course have to compete on build quality, sound, ergonomics, performance, feature set, etc. Play Store compatibility just gets a player into the arena to compete for my $$.

Is that because you want ti use UAPP ?

I can't think of any other reason.

Sep 16, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #194 of 839
Is that because you want ti use UAPP ?

I can't think of any other reason.
That is definitely one of the reasons! The other is the (maybe overblown) concern of relying on apk sites and possible security issues.

Of course, if Davy can figure out how to support UAPP on non-Play Store compatible players that also might opens things up!

Sep 21, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #195 of 839
So I'm on the fence between a few DAP's at the moment, does fiio app have a decent cross-feed function? I know i wont be able to you my favorite neutron player that keeps all the eq and cross-feed on a screen away from now playing. I've got a bunch of real high quality older recordings that are hard mixed for speakers. no cross-feed is kind of a deal breaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back