[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jun 4, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #196 of 2,982
Review says you can customize the power button led but doesn't go into detail. Can the color show the decoding resolution by different colors like the AK se180 and se200? How can the led be customized if not in this way?

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #197 of 2,982
Does anyone know if DAPs like the M11 Plus and a Pro fully bypass the Android SRC using apps like Deezer, or Apple Music? I'm stuck between an M11 Plus or just getting an iPhone SE 2 for music.

Well, I have a M11 Pro and it definitely bypasses SRC with Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon Music and, of course UAPP. I'm afraid I don't use Deezer, so I can't comment. As for Apple Music, it's not compatible with the M11 Pro so I can't test it. On other DAPs, it's unclear what it's doing because it doesn't support high resolution yet (coming soon).

The Fiio DAPs definitely support SRC bypass but specific apps may not, depending on how they are coded. An example is Roon which does not support high resolution on Android DAPs.

Not totally clear, I know.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #198 of 2,982
So the M15 is a weird Place where it’s better than the M11 Plus but not as powerful as the M17, but the M15 is probably the best spec’d device for the Average audiophile. It’s got really good Audio Specs wise, it has the best (imo) DAC chips dual Akm4499, does 280mw at 300ohm (which is enough for my ZMFs to run comfortably) but the Android Hardware - specifically the SoC is quite old and feels like what a 5 year old Chipset would feel like (still no where near as slow as some other DAPs). However I think that if you were looking for a DAPThat does Tidal at its best, Spotify if that’s what you prefer, or your own library of music, I’d recommend the M15 but the only reason I don’t like the M15 is the fact that it doesn’t do Apple Music. If you’d want to go the M15 route I have my M15 listed if you are interested, it’s only 3 months old but still a great unit as long as you don’t care for Apple Music.
Thanks, I actually own the M15 but I really like the idea of one of the newer units with the better processor (and Apple Music). I’d wait for the M17, but I almost feel like that might be too much DAP for my purposes. So, I’m considering the M11 Plus, as long as I don’t lose anything in terms of sound quality, which is really the major question.

Jun 4, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #199 of 2,982
Well, I have a M11 Pro and it definitely bypasses SRC with Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon Music and, of course UAPP. I'm afraid I don't use Deezer, so I can't comment. As for Apple Music, it's not compatible with the M11 Pro so I can't test it. On other DAPs, it's unclear what it's doing because it doesn't support high resolution yet (coming soon).

The Fiio DAPs definitely support SRC bypass but specific apps may not, depending on how they are coded. An example is Roon which does not support high resolution on Android DAPs.

Not totally clear, I know.
Hmm alrighty. Maybe I'll just buy it i don't know. I don't wanna risk less quality since Deezer is my favourite.

Jun 4, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #200 of 2,982
Hmm alrighty. Maybe I'll just buy it i don't know. I don't wanna risk less quality since Deezer is my favourite.

Maybe we can get someone that uses Deezer to comment. I suspect it works just fine on Fiio DAPS but I didn't want to mislead. It should be CD quality at 16/44.1 if it's not resampling due to SRC.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #201 of 2,982
Maybe we can get someone that uses Deezer to comment. I suspect it works just fine on Fiio DAPS but I didn't want to mislead. It should be CD quality at 16/44.1 if it's not resampling due to SRC.
Well I pre ordered it. Got 90 dollars CAD off as a pre order bonus. So I really hope Deezer bypasses the SRC. Or even Apple Music as I'm thinking of at least trying it out with this new Losless announcement.

I'm sick and tired of being stressed out about whether phones will go portless or not and being ****ed. I absolutely hate wireless. So having a DAP would be nice. Just hope Deezer can skip SRC.

Jun 5, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #202 of 2,982
Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #203 of 2,982
Audiophonics list it now at an interesting price for EU folks.
From that page @AngryTank it says 23mW from SE and 88mW out of BAL against 300 ohms. Not the most powerful DAP at the price (4.3V is not enormous) but I guess it’s nicely controlled thanks to the THX chips.
Scratch that, Audiophonics hiked the price by 100€ and cancelled the page somehow. Amp UK seems like the place to get it with those 10% off you get just for idling on the website for a few minutes. No second warranty year but you get the free return, no Chinese vendor I know matches that.

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #205 of 2,982
Is this also a treble bright DAP like the Fiio m11 Pro? I read that apparently the clock system is upgraded over the M11 Pro, and apparently it sounds cleaner and more refined - but I also read that the treble has fair bit of energy which makes me think it's bright sounding.

Jun 6, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #206 of 2,982
@FiiO Am I reading this right - compared to the m11 pro there’s a newer fpga and upgraded clock for an overall better jitter reduction? This should result in improved SQ.. I’m surprised Fiio hasn’t really promoted these aspects as much, unless I’m wrong...

I also would love to know if the usb dac mode lag has been improved like the m15- I can’t really game or make music with the m11 Pro unfortunately

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #210 of 2,982
Anyone has an idea where i can buy online in Europe ? i am in Italy and on amazon.it Euro 1450 it seem too expensive......
Amp3 has it on preorder. Hang out on the page for a while and you’ll get a 10% off code. The Aluminum version comes out around 700€ VAT and shipping included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back