[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Feb 19, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #2,911 of 2,984
Are you using the ESS plus via bluetooth while connected to your wifi when you experience the connection drop outs? That's one possible cause I can think of right now. Both BT and old wifi routers uses 2.4gh bandwidth which causes issues.
Yes, I think the issue happens more when using BT simultaneously so that's good to know, thanks for your help!

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #2,912 of 2,984
I noticed that when I was watching from our not so old TV connected to our wifi 2.4gh network (our router got both 5 and 2.4 bw but our tv's only compatible with 2.4) then I tried to connect a bt speaker and then suddenly the wifi got iffy.

When I did some internet research that's where I learned about the conflict between wifi and bt using 2.4gh bandwidth.

Feb 21, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #2,913 of 2,984
When I did some internet research that's where I learned about the conflict between wifi and bt using 2.4gh bandwidth.
Known issue: 2.4 GHz WLAN and Bluetooth share the same frequencies - some routers have Compatibility/Bluetooth Coexistence settings (slows down the WLAN a bit) to allow good coexistence with Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #2,915 of 2,984
The stainless steels version M11 Plus ESS is in stock now. (Only 10 left.)
You could get one from our Aliexpress store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006594106151.html
Dear Fiio,

How long will it take you to drop another update? Especially after many people addressed the issues with it? Why it takes so long a developer to deal with tiny tweaks, adding small functionalities?

Feb 23, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #2,916 of 2,984
Dear Fiio,

How long will it take you to drop another update? Especially after many people addressed the issues with it? Why it takes so long a developer to deal with tiny tweaks, adding small functionalities?

I obviously can’t speak for FiiO but I talked to a programmer (not audio related) once who told me that fixing a bug or adding a seemingly simple feature is often not as simple as it seems.

Apparently even fixing a bug can result in unintended consequences such that the fix can easily cause other issues so they need to be very careful that the update doesn’t do more harm than good.

Feb 23, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #2,917 of 2,984
I obviously can’t speak for FiiO but I talked to a programmer (not audio related) once who told me that fixing a bug or adding a seemingly simple feature is often not as simple as it seems.

Apparently even fixing a bug can result in unintended consequences such that the fix can easily cause other issues so they need to be very careful that the update doesn’t do more harm than good.
Really?

For example, when you rotate the screen to have the plugs on the top, the buttons functionality doesn't change. Meaning that pressing down in that rotation still takes you to previous song. This functionality can be easily changed by assigning the functionality of that button with a simple 'if' statement.

If (rotated) {
act opposite
}
//meaning that previous song button will act as next song and next song button will act as previous song button

This should be applied to volume button as well. Because in rotation mode, pressing down increases the volume. One of my friends didn't know that i gave him the dap in rotated. He was almost blasting his ears. Because i know how to use, he used simple instinct thinking that pressing down button should lower the volume....

It's even easier to create an additional sub menu to give the user the ability to use that buttons. Ibasso was giving that option. I was easily changing how prev and next song buttons act.

1708685426450.png

M11 plus has that one button under the volume buttons, we can assign different functionalities so why it's hard to assign prev and next songs then?

Whoever your developer friend, I don't care. And you should be siding on consumers side, not the companies.

With such mentality, you're giving them the argument 'oh it's hard so let me wait for almost an entire year to give a simple update'...

And this case is just one of them. I don't even count the others mentioned here.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #2,918 of 2,984
Really?

Whoever your developer friend, I don't care. And you should be siding on consumers side, not the companies.

With such mentality, you're giving them the argument 'oh it's hard so let me wait for almost an entire year to give a simple update'...

And this case is just one of them. I don't even count the others mentioned here.

Calm down !!

I am not siding with anyone I simply made a comment based on something I was told by someone who knew a bit about this stuff because it seemed relevant to your question.

I also don’t have a particular “mentality” about this, it was a simple comment that you have taken way out of context because you are upset FiiO have not addressed the issues as fast as you would like.

For what it’s worth, and for fear of being seen to be defending FiiO, I understand they are working on Android 12 for various DAPs including M11 Plus, perhaps they are putting their resources into that rather than making changes to firmware that most will drop when Android 12 becomes available.

Feb 23, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #2,919 of 2,984
Calm down !!

I am not siding with anyone I simply made a comment based on something I was told by someone who knew a bit about this stuff because it seemed relevant to your question.

I also don’t have a particular “mentality” about this, it was a simple comment that you have taken way out of context because you are upset FiiO have not addressed the issues as fast as you would like.

For what it’s worth, and for fear of being seen to be defending FiiO, I understand they are working on Android 12 for various DAPs including M11 Plus, perhaps they are putting their resources into that rather than making changes to firmware that most will drop when Android 12 becomes available.
I'm calm. Maybe the nature of long explanations might be taken that way. But I'm pretty much neutral in every discussions. :)

I know they're working on releasing Android 12. However, tiny tweaks doesn't require that long time. That's what I mean. Giving an OS upgrade, security patches etc might take time and complicated. However Fiio could have been more active and willing to listen to the feedbacks people are giving here.

We even learnt that they're working on an update thanks to member who shared it here. Instead of following and informing the users, looks like we need to chase.

I think I'm a little mad at the brand. Don't take anything to yourself pls.

Feb 25, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #2,920 of 2,984
I'm calm. Maybe the nature of long explanations might be taken that way. But I'm pretty much neutral in every discussions. :)

I know they're working on releasing Android 12. However, tiny tweaks doesn't require that long time. That's what I mean. Giving an OS upgrade, security patches etc might take time and complicated. However Fiio could have been more active and willing to listen to the feedbacks people are giving here.

We even learnt that they're working on an update thanks to member who shared it here. Instead of following and informing the users, looks like we need to chase.

I think I'm a little mad at the brand. Don't take anything to yourself pls.
Is that android 12 upgrade happening this year?

Feb 27, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #2,921 of 2,984
https://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/fiio-m23-portable-high-resolution-music-player

M23 available for pre order

Improvement of the M23 DAP compared to M11Plus model:

1. DAC upgraded from ES9068AS to AKM flagship DAC combination AK4191EQ+AK4499EX.

2. Headphone amplifier upgraded to THX 78+, with a 54% increase in output power at 32Ω and a remarkable 162% increase at 300Ω when the Super Large Ear Mode is activated.

3. Added an independent desktop mode switch, allowing for one-key activation of the desktop mode.

4. Introduced a separate charging and power supply interface. When using POWER IN for charging, the Super Charge Pump can be activated, reaching a maximum charging current of 5.5A. Charging nearly 50% can be achieved in half an hour, 80% in one hour, and a full charge takes only 2 hours, reducing charging time by 43% compared to M11Plus.

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #2,922 of 2,984
M23 replacement for M11 Plus looking like being available soon.

I think I will stick with my M11 Plus for a while. My LTD is getting a bit long in the tooth but the battery is still doing OK, will still get me through a full day. My new M11 Plus ESS waiting in the wings to replace it, got a decent deal that is likely to be a good bit cheaper than the M23 which is nice and if FiiO release Android 12 for the Plus I will be happy.

Not sure what the "Super Large Ear Mode" is all about :smile:

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #2,923 of 2,984
M23 replacement for M11 Plus looking like being available soon.

I think I will stick with my M11 Plus for a while. My LTD is getting a bit long in the tooth but the battery is still doing OK, will still get me through a full day. My new M11 Plus ESS waiting in the wings to replace it, got a decent deal that is likely to be a good bit cheaper than the M23 which is nice and if FiiO release Android 12 for the Plus I will be happy.

https://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/fiio-m23-portable-high-resolution-music-player

Not sure what the "Super Large Ear Mode" is all about :smile:
Still pretty happy with my limited

Feb 29, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #2,925 of 2,984
Same here, credit to Fiio, I’m still impressed with mine. Battery life could be better but the sound quality still superb. Hopefully gets an android update and prolong its use even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back