[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Mar 6, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #2,927 of 2,984
Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #2,928 of 2,984
After the planned premiere in autumn 2023, they are already appearing successor M11 series
The first articles about the new expected DAP FIIO M23 - but on the old Android 10 (We have 2024 - where there is already Android 14, it's a bit frivolous)
https://www.ecoustics.com/products/fiio-m23-dap/
Unless there will be an update?
@FiiO have already confirmed that they will be updating their DAP's to android 12

Mar 6, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #2,929 of 2,984
It takes them a long time to update - how long can we wait?
M15s will be a year after its premiere, not to mention the M11 series which is much older.
In fact, the problems here in this thread and the M15s reported during this period have not been fully fixed.
I didn't wait and I probably sold it at the last moment because now,
observing the market, there is very little interest in used DAP FIIO.
But in half a year, the FIIO M21 and M18 versions will be released - the customer will always buy the new better product :rolling_eyes:

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #2,930 of 2,984
It takes them a long time to update - how long can we wait?
M15s will be a year after its premiere, not to mention the M11 series which is much older.
In fact, the problems here in this thread and the M15s reported during this period have not been fully fixed.
I didn't wait and I probably sold it at the last moment because now,
observing the market, there is very little interest in used DAP FIIO.
But in half a year, the FIIO M21 and M18 versions will be released - the customer will always buy the new better product :rolling_eyes:
@FiiO said the android 12 update will be this year. The DAP market moves slower than the phone market, if the latest Android version is important to you, then perhaps use a dongle DAC with your phone instead of a DAP

Mar 7, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #2,931 of 2,984
In fact, the problems here in this thread and the M15s reported during this period have not been fully fixed.:rolling_eyes:
Which problems are these?

Mar 7, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #2,932 of 2,984
I went from M11 pro to M11 plus ltd and have been real happy with mine - havent really encountered any serious issues - but I'm also one of those that as long as the device works I don't really care what version of Android it is - i've never understood the point of getting all worked up about android versions. There's always going to be something newer and better out there and getting mad at that fact is rather childish IMO. I also may not be the typical audiopihile in that I genuinely use the equipment to listen to the music and not the other way around - i've got my ZMF, my Fiio and my AKPA10 and I honestly don't want anything more - I don't listen to music at a computer or any kind of desktop setup, so it's purely portable/transportable use, and for what I want/need it is basically perfect. My music sounds amazing and I am happy with that.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #2,933 of 2,984
@FiiO said the android 12 update will be this year. The DAP market moves slower than the phone market, if the latest Android version is important to you, then perhaps use a dongle DAC with your phone instead of a DAP
The flagship first DAP model, the great-sounding FIIO M15 (without the letter s),
is dying for what reason? because there is no way to support subsequent versions of the application on Android 7.

For the manufacturer, keeping previous models alive is unprofitable when you have a new model in a few months/year.
And you are right about the comparison to smartphones, and the older Android model takes care of this issue.
Not to mention the downside of the old BT version.
You offer me a USB hardware dongle - I won't thank you,
I want to use a DAP and I bought one with the Android 12 version
- other companies don't have this problem, so their customer has it right away, without any promises.

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #2,935 of 2,984
I went from M11 pro to M11 plus ltd and have been real happy with mine - havent really encountered any serious issues - but I'm also one of those that as long as the device works I don't really care what version of Android it is - i've never understood the point of getting all worked up about android versions. There's always going to be something newer and better out there and getting mad at that fact is rather childish IMO. I also may not be the typical audiopihile in that I genuinely use the equipment to listen to the music and not the other way around - i've got my ZMF, my Fiio and my AKPA10 and I honestly don't want anything more - I don't listen to music at a computer or any kind of desktop setup, so it's purely portable/transportable use, and for what I want/need it is basically perfect. My music sounds amazing and I am happy with that.
This is a set like mine from last year.
Buying FIIO M11 Ltd currently at a lower price + PA10 - it seems to make sense
By the way, try to connect PA10 to another DAP with a dedicated, separated LineOut output.
I guarantee you will never go back to M11.

I was a fan of FIIO DAPs and a year ago I repeatedly noticed the problem of "clicking" when starting a new song, especially when they are in different sampling rates.
I checked it on several models and now... it still happens.

Of course, listening to music is supposed to be enjoyable.

FIIO is a very innovative company, but currently it is no longer running, it is galloping with the release of new products without looking back at its customers.

Mar 7, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #2,936 of 2,984
^Unfortunately I do not have access to any other DAPs to test against - the M11 Plus Ltd does of course have a Line-Out mode that I use - are you talking about devices that have truly separate dedicated line out circuitry? For the price bracket I felt that M11 plus ltd was the best option I could attain - i'm not actually sure off-hand what the least expensive device would be that would have dedicated LO.

Mar 7, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #2,937 of 2,984
Of course, I do not encourage you to buy and replace the M11 Ltd DAP - it is an additional cost, but PA10 is an item with huge potential!

Using the Astell & Kern PA10 balanced class-A portable amplifier is one of the best things that has happened to my portable/home setup over the last few years.
Connecting it to a DAP and using the balanced 4.4mm input and output (this option only shows the true magic of this amplifier) resurrects even older DAPs from the dead and catapults their sound to the moon.
But connecting PA10 to a DAP with a dedicated LineOut for 4V is an intergalactic journey :), so the signal source/streamer/DAC which is the DAP is very important.
I also hesitated for a long time whether it was possible until I listened - I recommend trying it yourself. Fans use PA10 even with SP3000, there is something in it.

Please see another thread about A&K PA10 and descriptions of various setups with it.

Mar 8, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #2,938 of 2,984
In my earlier googling I saw one or two sources that indicate Android 12 for the M23.

That could of course be an intended later update along with the existing Plus models and it will launch with Android 10 which seems kind of daft.

If that were the case it might suggest FiiO are struggling to get Android 12 running sweetly on their hardware and didn’t want to delay the M23 while they got the OS running well.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #2,939 of 2,984

@FiiO

If I was to use the M11 Plus LTD at my desk plugged in permanently is the battery constantly being drained and charged at the same time ?

Alternatively, when it is fully charged is the battery bypassed and the M11 Plus is running off the charger supplied power ?

I know it doesn't have an advertised 'Desktop Mode' but I have two other devices (not FiiO) that have been confirmed as having desktop mode type battery management despite that it was never an advertised feature and was hoping that might be the case with the M11 Plus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back