[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jan 8, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #2,898 of 2,990
How bout android 13. From what I read here in headfi, Sony's Zx707 just got it's android 13 update and both devices have the same chipset. :gs1000smile:

Jan 10, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #2,902 of 2,990
Hopefully Fiio release the new version sooner in the year.

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #2,907 of 2,990
Hi :)

Just got the M11 Plus ESS today, I have one question, this is my first DAP

Whatever song I am playing on the Amazon Music App, HD or Ultra HD, the sample rate at the top of the DAP is showing 192K = kHz.

Checking the Audio Quality in the Amazon App, it shows the same values for the entire chain, for example:
Track quality: 24-bit/44.1kHz --- FiiO M11 Plus: 24-bit/44.1kHz -- Output: 24-bit/44.1kHz

So, am I listening to a bit-perfect playback or not? Is it 44.1 kHz or 192 kHz?

On your website, you say: third party Apps won't be limited by [Android's] SRC (Sampling Rate Convertor)

Just wondering if this applies to the Amazon Music App, as well

PS: I connected the M11 Plus ESS with my Mojo 2 just to test this. The Mojo 2 was indicating 192 kHz, constantly.

@FiiO ?
@FiiO Willson ?

@Ichos what do you think?

Thank you

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #2,908 of 2,990
Hi :)

Just got the M11 Plus ESS today, I have one question, this is my first DAP

Whatever song I am playing on the Amazon Music App, HD or Ultra HD, the sample rate at the top of the DAP is showing 192K = kHz.

Checking the Audio Quality in the Amazon App, it shows the same values for the entire chain, for example:
Track quality: 24-bit/44.1kHz --- FiiO M11 Plus: 24-bit/44.1kHz -- Output: 24-bit/44.1kHz

So, am I listening to a bit-perfect playback or not? Is it 44.1 kHz or 192 kHz?

On your website, you say: third party Apps won't be limited by [Android's] SRC (Sampling Rate Convertor)

Just wondering if this applies to the Amazon Music App, as well

PS: I connected the M11 Plus ESS with my Mojo 2 just to test this. The Mojo 2 was indicating 192 kHz, constantly.

@FiiO ?
@FiiO Willson ?

@Ichos what do you think?

Thank you

I'm pretty sure that Amazon Music upsamples to 192 kHz internally (if the DAP supports) for all sample rates. It's been doing this ever since high resolution was added by Amazon. It's also consistent on other brand DAPs (also at 192 kHz). If you search the forums, you should see this discussed a few times....

Feb 19, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #2,909 of 2,990
Wi-Fi issues with Plus ESS.

I've been experiencing Wi Fi crashes lately on my Plus ESS while streaming Tidal and other streaming services. The stream will just stop and I'll notice that the WiFi icon on the ESS is showing the connection has dropped. I'll reconnect or sometimes turn WiFi off and on and it clears up temporarily.

I wouldn't say that WiFi is a major issue with my Plus ESS but it's been getting my attention more and more lately, whereas my other DAP and two other smartphones don't seem to experience this, at least as frequently. Is this just an issue with the ESS having subpar WiFi? Distance from the router seems to play a minor role too.

Are there any optimizations that I can do to improve it? I have a 10 year old router with just 2.4Ghz network so I was trying to see if I could just set the ESS WiFi to 2.4Ghz only but that doesn't seem to be possible. I realize that there are many moving parts and variables to ones WiFi experience and if I had a modern router with 2.4 and 5Ghz this might not even be an issue.

Any ideas appreciated!

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #2,910 of 2,990
Wi-Fi issues with Plus ESS.

I've been experiencing Wi Fi crashes lately on my Plus ESS while streaming Tidal and other streaming services. The stream will just stop and I'll notice that the WiFi icon on the ESS is showing the connection has dropped. I'll reconnect or sometimes turn WiFi off and on and it clears up temporarily.

I wouldn't say that WiFi is a major issue with my Plus ESS but it's been getting my attention more and more lately, whereas my other DAP and two other smartphones don't seem to experience this, at least as frequently. Is this just an issue with the ESS having subpar WiFi? Distance from the router seems to play a minor role too.

Are there any optimizations that I can do to improve it? I have a 10 year old router with just 2.4Ghz network so I was trying to see if I could just set the ESS WiFi to 2.4Ghz only but that doesn't seem to be possible. I realize that there are many moving parts and variables to ones WiFi experience and if I had a modern router with 2.4 and 5Ghz this might not even be an issue.

Any ideas appreciated!
Are you using the ESS plus via bluetooth while connected to your wifi when you experience the connection drop outs? That's one possible cause I can think of right now. Both BT and old wifi routers uses 2.4gh bandwidth which causes issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back