[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Apr 18, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #1,951 of 2,990
I don't use bluetooth, I use iphone 13 Pro Max with apple camera adapter usb to the K9 Pro.
iPhone puts out bit perfect via USB (as far as Apple states).
There wouldn’t any benefit if you play the music from internal storage while shutting down all wireless systems (BT, Wifi, Cellular). Maybe using an OTG specialized for music transfer would be the icing on that cake.
However, the second your Phone has one wireless service running it is mpossible to foresee the implications. So if you know what you want to listen to, your phone has enough memory to store it and you can switch all wireless connections off, than you don’t need an m11+.
If you want to stream, you may notneed it also, as the benefit is indirect from other parameters like signal quality at the specifict spot of you device.
If you have only limited storage on your phone, the m11+ is cheaper than an iPhone with big storage.

Apr 18, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #1,952 of 2,990
iPhone puts out bit perfect via USB (as far as Apple states).
There wouldn’t any benefit if you play the music from internal storage while shutting down all wireless systems (BT, Wifi, Cellular). Maybe using an OTG specialized for music transfer would be the icing on that cake.
However, the second your Phone has one wireless service running it is mpossible to foresee the implications. So if you know what you want to listen to, your phone has enough memory to store it and you can switch all wireless connections off, than you don’t need an m11+.
If you want to stream, you may notneed it also, as the benefit is indirect from other parameters like signal quality at the specifict spot of you device.
If you have only limited storage on your phone, the m11+ is cheaper than an iPhone with big storage.
Understood

Much appreciated

Apr 18, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #1,953 of 2,990
If one is using an iPhone to stream hi-res Apple Music through the Fiio K9 Pro…..what would the benefit of using the M11 plus instead of the iPhone be ?
I don't use bluetooth, I use iphone 13 Pro Max with apple camera adapter usb to the K9 Pro.
You will free up your iPhone for non-music usage.

Why dedicate a $1300 multi-functional device to the simple task of copying bits perfectly across USB, tied physically to a FiiO K9?

In your case perhaps dedicate a desktop device to feed the K9? Your desktop device can hold your music library backup as well as feed the K9, and you can carry the FiiO M11 with you, along with your iPhone, for portable use.

I have a PC at home to feed my Topping D90 MQA DAC into a few headphone amplifiers - a Topping A90, Xduoo TA-26 / TA-20, and for portable use I use my FiiO M15 with wired headphones or BT headphones, and in a pinch I can also use my Android phone to stream music from my playlists on Tidal, Amazon Music, and not worry about carrying a music library with me.
It is nice to build up multiple choices. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #1,955 of 2,990
Does the new M11 plus ess do SRC?

It bypasses forced SRC like most recent DAPs. Also, it runs Android 10 which is much better in that regard, with native high resolution support.

Apr 20, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #1,958 of 2,990
Hello, I hope you are well, someone by chance who has the Fiio M11+ Ess and compares it in sound vs. the Ibasso Dx160???? Since some comments long ago I saw that someone said that he preferred the Dx160 for metal compared to the Fiio M11+ Akm

Apr 20, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #1,959 of 2,990
Good day
could anyone advise how to set the display to wake up by double-tapping?
I didn't find it. Thank you very much.
Settings -> Global -> Double tap to wakeup
Should be the last option on the list

Apr 21, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #1,961 of 2,990
Hello, I hope you are well, someone by chance who has the Fiio M11+ Ess and compares it in sound vs. the Ibasso Dx160???? Since some comments long ago I saw that someone said that he preferred the Dx160 for metal compared to the Fiio M11+ Akm
Dear friend,

You could try to search some comment from other users about that in this thread. And due to individual preferences, you could try out by yourself first.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 21, 2022 at 6:07 AM Post #1,962 of 2,990
Fiio M11 plus new owner here, upgraded from a Hiby R5, which was a great little player, but felt the time was right to move up. Currently use Sony WH-1000XM3, which are good and convenient, but acknowledge that IEM's are going to yield the best sound for the M11 plus. I mainly listen to rock and metal, so asking for suggestions of which IEM's would be best suited

Apr 21, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #1,963 of 2,990

If you are using a USB-based DAC with your iPhone, you're getting good sound. This is an entirely viable solution.

That said, I use an M11 Plus for a few reasons:

• I am not draining the battery on my phone.
  • I am often in places with no signal, and the M11 Plus enables me to crank along with all of my music.
  • I have some classical DSDs - I have found that classical DSDs tend to be better captures and masters. It's easier to manage the files and apps on the M11 Plus, IMHO.
  • I can still listen to Apple Music and Amazon Music in places with WiFi on my M11 Plus. (Tho I think @FiiO should get the M11 Plus Atmos-certified for Apple Music, but Amazon Music works.)
  • I can use my M11 Plus as a USB DAC on my laptop, and it's a helluva lot smaller than my Topping DX3 Pro (which I ended up moving to a listening station).

Apr 21, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #1,965 of 2,990
Dear friend,

According to the feedback from engineer, the USB DAC delay is very small in this players, within 100ms.

Best regards

FiiO Team,

I hear 300ms audio latency when M11 Plus ESS is in USB DAC mode connected to my laptop, please advise.
  • M11 Plus ESS firmware 1.0.2 (latest at the moment)
  • Windows 11 with FiiO audio driver 5.30.0.18122 2/28/2022
  • DAP connected directly to USB 3.2 Gen 2 port using high quality cable
  • Latency does not depend on bitrate, 300ms for 16bit 44.1k and 32bit 384k
  • FiiO control panel in windows shows Input Latency 11.67ms and Output Latency 8.50ms, buffer size and safe mode do not affect the 300ms audio latency

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back