[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Mar 29, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #1,831 of 2,990
A lot of Ti in the pockets today, the M11 still does the in car entertainment, now through some brandspanking new FH9s, quite a bass-y experience...
IMG_0943.jpeg

(ERMAHGERD IS THAT A KNIFE?! yes, its a small pocketknife)

Mar 29, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #1,832 of 2,990
A lot of Ti in the pockets today, the M11 still does the in car entertainment, now through some brandspanking new FH9s, quite a bass-y experience...IMG_0943.jpeg
(ERMAHGERD IS THAT A KNIFE?! yes, its a small pocketknife)
Strider PT in my pocket also... :)

Mar 31, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #1,833 of 2,990
The new firmware for M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus is now available!

1648718443289.png

Updated at 2022-03-31

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.7 compared to the FW1.0.6 on M11 Plus LTD:

1. Added a new function to disable battery charging (you can enable it in Settings-Battery);
2. Added a new function to hide the full screen indicator when using gesture navigation (you can enable it in Settings-Global-System navigation-Gesture navigation);
3. Added a new option to the multifunction button setting: Lock screen/Wake up;
4. Added more timers options for idle poweroff;
5. Added the option of 'Do not display again' in the pop-up window when All to DSD function is enabled;
6. Fixed the issue where the white noise might be heard while playing music in Bluetooth transmitting mode;
7. Miscellaneous improvements on performance.

M11 Plus LTD firmware download: Click here

How to upgrade the M11 Plus LTD:Click here

5663329.jpg

Updated at 2022-03-31

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.2 compared to the FW1.0.1 on M11 Plus:

1. Added a new function to disable battery charging (you can enable it in Settings-Battery);
2. Added a new function to hide the full screen indicator when using gesture navigation (you can enable it in Settings-Global-System navigation-Gesture navigation);
5. Added the option of 'Do not display again' in the pop-up window when All to DSD function is enabled;
6. Fixed the issue where the white noise might be heard while playing music in Bluetooth transmitting mode;

M11 Plus firmware download:Click here

How to upgrade the M11 Plus:Click here

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 31, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #1,834 of 2,990
So glad to see this post (today)

Last couple of months my M11+ (ltd) has been a veritable 'jitterbox'.. yesterday I reflashed firmware 1.06 and things didn't improve.
On public transport on way home this evening, first ever thought to sell the M11 came into my mind (instantly dismissed), based on it is presently near useless to me.
I check my emails and find a link to the above post; new firmware.

True to the reason I stick with FiiO; the new firmware adds tonnes of features that I would want /& find useful.
Well done Team FiiO!

I know my jitter issues stem from android update or apple music install (most likely).. I am sure something will be worked out, (basically after a few songs the rate of jitter climbs to 'very noticable levels', a reboot (or sometimes a restart of the tracks being played) and bass notes return to full (and super low notes are no longer hidden, and imaging goes 'out of box' incredible... and then, like five songs later, back to evident/obvious 'high jitter' rate. (reboot again!?)

This firmware update gives me reason to do again today what I did yesterday.. this time with the benefit of enjoying new features and improved usability.

So running my tests will be fun this time!
I like how some of the new included features were not even requested by anyone,.. and we know that more firmwares will come...
When I had an X5 (version 3), the amount of improvements that came to the hardware, for aeons, well beyond warranty period and 'the product retailing'; it just kept getting better and better.

FiiO are a 'no brainer' pro consumer company in my eyes.
Keep up the good work!!

Mar 31, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #1,835 of 2,990

1648718443289.png

Updated at 2022-03-31

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.7 compared to the FW1.0.6 on M11 Plus LTD:

5663329.jpg

Updated at 2022-03-31

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.2 compared to the FW1.0.1 on M11 Plus:

just upgraded and seems to work flawlessly! Thank you Fiio!
@FiiO
any chance of implementing System-wide EQ?

Mar 31, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #1,836 of 2,990
A5B146FE-741E-4146-BFD9-F2612DE7E68E.jpeg

YAY; these are the moments that are mildly exciting...

UNTIL; these moments---
3D10B4BA-3EA8-4DB2-A60E-54B387A45921.jpeg

Then things get more than 'mildly exciting'; I did of course do the 'retry' option, and then the Factory Data Reset.

Pretty sure my jitter issue will be gone now!
Sadly I cannot report if simply updating to 1.07 would have done the job :wink:

The 'factory reset' wiped all user data on the internal storage.
Slightly sad as that is where I kept all my 'mission critical' music. (the best of the best!!)

I believe this may have happened for me as the free space on the unit was around 2.xGB, then I copied the firmware onto the device. Checking I had more free space than the firmware file (although it was a couple of hundred megabytes 'closer' than I'd have liked...) I continued with the process.

I believe 'user error' was the cause of this instance of 'needing to factory reset'.
I could have copied the firmware onto the storage card (the OS lets the user select where the firmware is kept), or I could have freed up more space prior to the firmware process. (either/or probably would have alleviated the issue).

So, be forewarned- make sure you have more free space on the internal drive than the size of the firmware.
Yesterday I got away with it, today I did not.
I believe todays firmware was 'slightly larger' than the previous 1.06 firmware.. (hence the 'user error').\

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #1,837 of 2,990

1648718443289.png

Updated at 2022-03-31

5663329.jpg

Updated at 2022-03-31

@FiiO I believe there is a critical update that needs to be done regarding LO mode. Currently, if Adjustable volume at LO is disabled and you switched to LO while playing music, a warning message will prompt the user saying it will enter LO and volume will be at max., etc.. If you click OK the music will stop. This feature is good and actually important in my opinion. However, (this is where things get a bit complicated) if you're currently using LO say, with active speakers and Adjustable volume at LO is enabled with the volume in the M11+ set around 60, and your speaker's hardware volume set to high, then you accidentally (or intentionally) disable the Adjustable volume at LO, there will be no warning prompt and music will not stop while the line level instantly takes effect blasting your speakers (ask me how I know). I think disabling Adjustable volume at LO at LO mode should behave the same as entering LO mode with Adjustable volume at LO disabled.

TL;DR:
When disabling Adjustable volume at LO at LO mode, provide the same warning message and stop the music when the user clicks OK.

Mar 31, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #1,838 of 2,990
@FiiO I second that request. The forward/back buttons just seem to be the wrong way around, so the option to swap their function would be good. I also own a Sony DAP where the top button is for forward, and that just seems more logical. Even is the Fiio is on its side the back button is on the right and the forward button is on the left, which is just the opposite of what you would expect.
I believe you can update this in the setting. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that when I had the M11. I know the DX240 has the option.

Mar 31, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #1,839 of 2,990
@FiiO I believe there is a critical update that needs to be done regarding LO mode. Currently, if Adjustable volume at LO is disabled and you switched to LO while playing music, a warning message will prompt the user saying it will enter LO and volume will be at max., etc.. If you click OK the music will stop. This feature is good and actually important in my opinion. However, (this is where things get a bit complicated) if you're currently using LO say, with active speakers and Adjustable volume at LO is enabled with the volume in the M11+ set around 60, and your speaker's hardware volume set to high, then you accidentally (or intentionally) disable the Adjustable volume at LO, there will be no warning prompt and music will not stop while the line level instantly takes effect blasting your speakers (ask me how I know). I think disabling Adjustable volume at LO at LO mode should behave the same as entering LO mode with Adjustable volume at LO disabled.

TL;DR:
When disabling Adjustable volume at LO at LO mode, provide the same warning message and stop the music when the user clicks OK.
6BA62840-53B3-4A3F-9B2C-51C6BF10E84E.jpegthis is my ‘interactive pop up’ that disables ability to read (your post!)

the only reason I did not +1 your excellent idea is cause I feel there is almost too many ‘interactive’ helpers in todays world.
eg I am glad the latest firmware removes an unecessary step when switching DSD conversion mode on…

I generally like the ability to ‘turn them off forever’ whenever I come across them; that being said, I’ve had plenty of time my headphones play ‘full ball’ when switching between output modes and ‘LO’ is in the rotation, or was last mode I was using before using the M11 elsewhere etc…
(again with the effect of ’speakers’ putting out full power output (into my ears).

the world gets ‘safer’ everyday, and many of those improvements lead to people tapping their foot in frustration.
things done when ‘frustrated’ is often when errors really start to occur!

(good idea though, as LO voltage can be ‘loud’!) kudos autoexec

Mar 31, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #1,841 of 2,990
Really really good.

I have a slight jolt/gap between tracks again (and ’Yes’, “gapless playback” is selected; not doing DSD convert etc), and it isn’t between every track on an album, when listening straight through (the first to second track seems to be ‘yes’, but then randomly with some others later tracks as well); and this is playing music AFTER the library has been scanned etc.

But; most importantly is that the sound quality is back to top tier (and ‘beyond expectations’ given I had been lulled into expecting around android level USB output quality).
Jitter doesn’t seem to creep in after a few tracks had been playing (although that may have been specific to units that had gone to the android ‘play‘ store; definately did some ‘background updates’ against my wishes to the underlying OS, and/or Apple music may have played with the Android ‘stack’.): the upshot is 1.07 freshly installed sounds fantastic.

Some of the improvements were ‘niggles’ that are nice now that they are sorted..

I’d recommend it; if only for some of the ‘background’ improvements that the notes didn’t go to detail to explain.
FiiO often work hard, do the due dilligence to improve, constantly working to refine and improve the products that they launch.
The launch cycles are fairly constant and relatively quick, so the software team DOES play catchup usually for a couple of years offering constant refinement and ‘user requests’/features that are often sought after..

Nothing glaringly negative.. although the ‘gaps’ in albums (Again) is something that will probably disappear in a later refresh!

It does keep telling me the 'volume touch panel is disabled' (and that is wearing thin; it's like I am on an Apple device)

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #1,843 of 2,990

TL;DR:
We will report to the engineer and consider whether adding the prompt you suggested. Thank you for the feedback.

Best regards

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 1, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #1,844 of 2,990
just upgraded and seems to work flawlessly! Thank you Fiio!
@FiiO
any chance of implementing System-wide EQ?
Still working and checking the feasibility now. :construction_worker:

Best regards

Apr 1, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #1,845 of 2,990
We will report to the engineer and consider whether adding the prompt you suggested. Thank you for the feedback.

Best regards
Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back