[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Aug 10, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #811 of 2,984
It seems like a new batch of the M11 plus is coming somewhere next week, since some local dealers are hinting early August delivery dates.
Can you perhaps confirm this @JamesFiiO or @FiiO ?

Aug 10, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #812 of 2,984
Yes I tried it. It will not activate. It always shuts off the feature when I exit settings. That is why I am asking if anyone else has tried it.
Oh let me try it see if it works, nope same as you, FiiO fixing Amazon HD next update, maybe they'll fix the brightness issue as well, it's okay indoors,but can be hard to see outdoor on a sunny day.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #813 of 2,984
Oh let me try it see if it works, nope same as you, FiiO fixing Amazon HD next update, maybe they'll fix the brightness issue as well, it's okay indoors,but can be hard to see outdoor on a sunny day.
Yeah, indoors the screen brightness is fine, but outside it is like 5 times dimmer than the M11 Pro.

I set up UAPP exactly like I had on the M11 Pro and the Hi-Res driver looks like it’s working fine. The “Direct” sample rate shown by UAPP matches that shown on the status bar. I play 96kHz and it shows Direct: 96KHz in UAPP and 96KHz in the Android top status bar, so looks good. And, sounds great.

Here are some other things I have noticed:

If you have Android Dark Mode set, FiiO Music Player’s themes are ignored and everything shows as the black theme.

Besides that, there have been some weird glitches with the touch volume when I haven’t used the player for a while, but it is fixed with a reboot.

But, glitches aside, I have been playing Qobuz hi-res for the last 2 hours and the M11+LTD sounds sublime; better than the M11 Pro (I know, because I switched back and forth with very familiar songs). It’s hard to describe, but if I had to, I would say the bass is tighter and the mids a little more forward, with treble the same. It sounds great.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #814 of 2,984
I noticed Shanling is announcing a ”limited edition” DAP, the M9, that uses their remaining stock of AKM chips:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shanling-m9-announced-new-high-end-player.959067/post-16498682

Personally, I was really close to buying a Shanling M8, but the old SOC and Android 7.1 made me realize I already owned that in the FiiO M11 Pro, so I decided to buy the M11+LTD instead. I’m sure other’s were on the fence as well, so this move by Shanling to upgrade the processor and Android version to 10.x is great to see; but, I think it’s a little too late. FiiO released their limited version at the right time while there wasn’t mush else being released, and with the ability to play the new lossless Apple Music stuff too. Shanling‘s offering won’t be out until late Fall, and by then iBasso, FiiO, and A&K will have new flagships out. We will even start to see new ESS and AKM chips, so I can’t see this M9 doing well. It does look sleek though.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #815 of 2,984
I‘ve been going back and forth with some of my DAPs/phones and thought I’d post this observation: the M11+LTD is the heaviest DAP I use now, and honestly, I really wish it was lighter.

Here are the weights of the kit I have been playing on today [yes, I geeked out and got my postal scale for these measurements]:

iPhone 12 Mini = 135g
Sony ZX507 = 162g
FiiO M11 Pro = 232g
FiiO M11+LTD = 310

Going back and forth between the M11 Pro and the M11+ makes me really wish the M11+ didn’t grow in size and weight; the M11 Pro was perfect. But…compared to the ZX507 the M11+ is just huge, lol. And using the iPhone 12 Mini at a 135grams wirelessly with Airpods Pro is a really nice light-weight mobile middle ground (I say middle ground because a Lotoo Paw S1 connected to the iPhone with wired IEMs is a step up for me, but not worth it if there is a lot of background noise, where the ANC of the Airpods Pro really helps out.

Anyway, I just wanted to say: I think this DAP is too heavy and the movement towards even bigger DAPs (M17, DX300 Max, R8, etc.) is a mistake in my opinion. The M11+LTD sounds great, and will have a place in my home, but it is not a mobile DAP for me, it is more along the lines of a transportable, like a Hugo 2 DAC paired to a source is.

As a hobbyist, I look forward to what comes next (and my wallet will suffer the consequences unfortunately).

Cheers,
Gus

Aug 12, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #816 of 2,984
It seems like a new batch of the M11 plus is coming somewhere next week, since some local dealers are hinting early August delivery dates.
Can you perhaps confirm this @JamesFiiO or @FiiO ?
Dear friend,

Yes, the next batch has been arranged for some sellers now.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 12, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #819 of 2,984
I decided to make an overview video with HiBy R6 2020, FiiO M11 Plus LTD, and Shanling M6 Pro 2021 if someone is thinking about getting upper-mid segment DAP. And no, I won't say "which one is better" :)

I will ,the Hiby R6 2020 sounds better than the M11 Ltd, can't compare the Shanling M6 as I won't be buying that one unless the price comes down.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #820 of 2,984
Anyone else notice if their power-button light is always on 100% bright after a power cycle, even though the Settings>Display>Indicator Light Control>Brightness is less than 100%?

For example, I like Brightness:2% / Working:Constantly On / Charging: Pulsing. If I “Shutdown” the DAP and then turn it back on, the indicator light is back on 100% but the setting still says 2%. I have to move the slider up and then back to 2% each power cycle.

Looks like a bug @FiiO, unless it’s just affecting my unit. Also, the volume slider becomes unresponsive at times and I have to power cycle the unit to get it to work again (I have “Auto-lock after inactivity” set to on and double-taps stop waking it up after a while).

Hopefully fixed in the next firmware. And would love a fix to the VERY dim display.

Cheers

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #821 of 2,984
I noticed Shanling is announcing a ”limited edition” DAP, the M9, that uses their remaining stock of AKM chips:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shanling-m9-announced-new-high-end-player.959067/post-16498682

Personally, I was really close to buying a Shanling M8, but the old SOC and Android 7.1 made me realize I already owned that in the FiiO M11 Pro, so I decided to buy the M11+LTD instead. I’m sure other’s were on the fence as well, so this move by Shanling to upgrade the processor and Android version to 10.x is great to see; but, I think it’s a little too late. FiiO released their limited version at the right time while there wasn’t mush else being released, and with the ability to play the new lossless Apple Music stuff too. Shanling‘s offering won’t be out until late Fall, and by then iBasso, FiiO, and A&K will have new flagships out. We will even start to see new ESS and AKM chips, so I can’t see this M9 doing well. It does look sleek though.
I might purchase one if the price is right, just to add Shanling to the collection 🤔

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #822 of 2,984
I might purchase one if the price is right, just to add Shanling to the collection 🤔
I know how you feel. I don’t have a Shanling product, but always wanted to see what this warm house sound is that everyone talks about. So, despite what I said about their poor release timing, I now realize they are only planning on shipping 500-600 units. There are probably that many Head-Fi’ers here willing to add it to their collection that they will sell out in the a week.

And…I may be one of those buyers, just as you say, to add a Shanling to the collection. :wink:

Aug 13, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #823 of 2,984
So Fiio got back to me regarding my concerns with the screen. They said they spoke to their engineers and the Screens installed on the M11 Po's have a blue tint to the glass and the ones installed on the M11 Plus have a yellow tinted glass and that is why I see the difference in colour and brightness. They said they tested both for brightness and they both perform the same.

I get the difference in colour with the above explanation but the brightness difference still does not make sense.

Regardless I just sold my M11 Pro and will be keeping the M11 Plus.

I also just bought a Fiio FH7 IEM to go with the M11 Plus. Any advice on what gain I should use? Nobody has answered my question about gain on medium in order to match gain on lo with the Pro when using it with full headphones.

Aug 13, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #824 of 2,984
So Fiio got back to me regarding my concerns with the screen. They said they spoke to their engineers and the Screens installed on the M11 Po's have a blue tint to the glass and the ones installed on the M11 Plus have a yellow tinted glass and that is why I see the difference in colour and brightness. They said they tested both for brightness and they both perform the same.

I get the difference in colour with the above explanation but the brightness difference still does not make sense.

Regardless I just sold my M11 Pro and will be keeping the M11 Plus.

I also just bought a Fiio FH7 IEM to go with the M11 Plus. Any advice on what gain I should use? Nobody has answered my question about gain on medium in order to match gain on lo with the Pro when using it with full headphones.
I use medium gain with fh5s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back