[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Aug 2, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #721 of 2,990
Aug 2, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #722 of 2,990
In my case, the only option was for $8.98 shipping. Mine came in a tamper-proof poly bag as well. A slight dent on one edge of the box but everything that matters is pristine.
I wish I hadn’t been given an option over the $8.98 option. Alas, I’m just glad to have gotten it in pristine order too.

Cheers, and enjoy it. I have some listening to do tonight :wink:

Aug 2, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #723 of 2,990
See my edit above. It took 7 days (I got it today). I tracked it the whole way. I wish it was only 2-3 days, but with Parcel Select this has happened multiple times from East Coast businesses to my address since COVID. What I’m trying to convey is that I got ripped off paying $45 dollars for shipping something via the slowest method through USPS. I should have known better and not selected the expedited shipping option, but I did select it since I know regular USPS is too slow to me from NYC and so I was *hoping* by paying for an *upgraded* shipping method, I would actually get an upgraded shipping method.

It didn’t even come in a box with some packing material; it came in a gray bag (the same thing you get prescription pills in), no additional padding. Glad it works though.

Cheers
Oh I know you got ripped off,what State you in,you must be in the woods lol, "It didn’t even come in a box with some packing material; it came in a gray bag (the same thing you get prescription pills in), no additional padding. Glad it works though" Mines too I saved the bag though lol

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #725 of 2,990
Oh I know you got ripped off,what State you in,you must be in the woods lol,It didn’t even come in a box with some packing material; it came in a gray bag (the same thing you get prescription pills in), no additional padding. Glad it works though.Mines too I saved the bag though lol
LOL; I’m in CT (on the border with NY to the North). Since you mentioned the 2 US distros for FiiO do you know why B&H Photo is no longer one? They had the M11+LTD pre-listed for over a month with an option to get an email notice when you could pre-order….then…all of a sudden the listing dropped off of their search pages. I bought my M11 Pro from them so I had wanted to get the LTD from them as well. It turned out well in the end. I’m a happy camper (no %50 restocking fee for me) :wink:

Cheers,
Gus

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #726 of 2,990
If you buy from all about office,they are one of 2 US distributor Apos Audio is the other,make sure you plan on keeping this they will charge you a 50% restocking fee and more for any damages.
There is NO WAY mine is going back!

Aug 2, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #727 of 2,990
LOL; I’m in CT (on the border with NY to the North). Since you mentioned the 2 US distros for FiiO do you know why B&H Photo is no longer one? They had the M11+LTD pre-listed for over a month with an option to get an email notice when you could pre-order….then…all of a sudden the listing dropped off of their search pages. I bought my M11 Pro from them so I had wanted to get the LTD from them ass well. It turned out well in the end. I’m a happy camper (no %50 restocking fee for me) :wink:

Cheers,
Gus
Can't answer that one,just know if you go to the FiiO site they list all of their distributors,I wanted to buy from Apos Audio no taxes plus I have credit that they owe me would have been significantly cheaper,Me think FiiO is not playing that buy it ,try it,return it game anymore,now all about office ran out 2 Sundays ago,now all about office has more,but Apos Audio has to wait until the end of August,basically September

Aug 2, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #729 of 2,990
Aug 2, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #730 of 2,990
Someone was asking about accessories earlier in the thread and where to buy, figured I would post my experience. I ordered the "Fiio DK1 TYPE-C Multifunction Dock" and "FIIO SK-M11 Plus LTD Leather Case", total price for both including shipping was "$64.39". I ordered from seller "BrightAudio Store" on Aliexpress at ~9:30PM CDT on July 20th from China, they showed up today (Aug 02). Well packed, both items authentic, sealed retail items. While the black leather case that comes with the LtdPlus is the best case I have ever gotten included with a DAP and I would be perfectly happy if that was all that was available... I wanted the brown one with the neat cooling grates anyway :).

I am happy with both things, although the USB-C dock is a bit weird with the multiple connections separating power from data, and then having the data connection only being one way, based on the position of the data switch? I gotta read the manual to see what's up, this is my first dock designed like this (out of a few between Sony and A&K). Also would have been nice to include at least one cable with the dock, but I knew it didn't have one when I ordered so it would be stupid to complain about that, just something to know.

Note that I have nothing to do with this store front and have never ordered from them before, and my experience is just one example, so if things go poorly for someone else... my experience is totally anecdotal.

Aug 2, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #731 of 2,990
Initial impressions: Sounds just like my M11 Pro*.

*If you like that clean/neutral 4497+THX sound (which I do) you’ll like the M11 Plus. This impression is based on CD-redbook and high-res FLAC via FiiO Music player with Low Gain on M11 Pro but Mid Gain on M11+ using Sony IER-Z1R IEMs. I found the L Gain on the M11 Pro to be about equal to the M Gain of the M11+ for my preferred SPL with these IEMs (meaning I use about the same volume setting). High gain on both therefore also offer up similar levels of performance and volume settings for a given SPL. The difference then in gain settings (L/H in M11 Pro vs L/M/H for M11+) is that the L setting in the M11+ is now a true low/attenuated gain setting for very sensitive kit and allows a nicer/larger range of volume control with some sensitive and easy to drive gear.

Some other things I’ve noticed vs the M11 Pro:
  • M11 Pro has a much brighter screen; this one in the M11+ is going to be borderline in bright sun
  • Speaking of display, the Android 10 Dark Mode setting is really nice to have for late night sessions (like now as I write this)
  • M11+ with its Android 10 is vey fast and makes the M11 Pro with that ancient Samsung SOC and A7 feel like a Motorola flip phone (OK, that’s a little too much hyperbole, since the M11 Pro never felt that slow to me, but the M11+ feels like a modern phone and never lags)
Next up for the evening is evaluating streaming app performance, specifically Apple Music (AM) Lossless/High-Res and Qobuz, both of which should bypass Android SRC. I don’t use Amazon Music, Spotify, or any other subscription music streaming services anymore (tried them all, but those 2 are my main streamers now). Bought the M11+LTD for AM mostly since the M11 Pro doesn’t support it and I’m sick of using a dongle with my iPhone in order to use my balanced IEMs with Apple Music in a truly mobile setup.

Cheers

Aug 2, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #732 of 2,990
FiiO doesn’t yet support double-tab-to-wake functionality (they say it’s coming in a firmware update), but I found a workaround:

In the ”Volume Touch” settings, turn on “Auto-lock after inactivity” (which is a good idea anyway, in my opinion, since it’s easy to move that volume slider by accident).

Now, after the screen goes to sleep, double-tap the volume bar and the screen wakes up and you can swipe to open from there or interact with the now-playing screen.

The only downsides:
—only works reliably if music is playing
—until you get used to it, you have to double-tap the volume slider to use volume-slide after inactivity (the buttons always work though).

Cheers,
Gus

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #733 of 2,990
Apple Music (AM) is working awesome. The sample rate in the status bar is matching the lossless/high-res info for the song playing (tap the Lossless/High-Res pill-icon in AM to see the metadata for bit-depth/sample-rate and SR matches what FiiO is reporting in the Status Bar).

Sounds as good as my dongles out of an iPhone 12 Mini that have 4.4mm balanced output (LP S1 and L&P W2).

Tried some music videos and just like the M11 Pro, there is no gyroscopic support for auto rotation to landscape. So still have to use a tool to manually switch to landscape—I use “Rotation Control” which is a little buggy on Android 10 switching back and forth, but when it’s working videos look great on this screen in full landscape and sound great on AM.

As far as the Android Apple Music app, for those who are locked into the iOS world and hesitant to try an Android-based device, the app looks identical to the iOS version. The only difference is that settings are accessed in the app versus going to the iOS settings app and finding AM. One advantage of an android device like the M11+LTD with Apple Music (or any streamer) is the external microSD storage for offline music downloads.

Cheers

Aug 3, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #734 of 2,990
@JamesFiiO What opamps are used in LPF stage in M11Plus ?
M11Pro had three 1642.

Aug 3, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #735 of 2,990
Apple Music (AM) is working awesome. The sample rate in the status bar is matching the lossless/high-res info for the song playing (tap the Lossless/High-Res pill-icon in AM to see the metadata for bit-depth/sample-rate and SR matches what FiiO is reporting in the Status Bar).

Sounds as good as my dongles out of an iPhone 12 Mini that have 4.4mm balanced output (LP S1 and L&P W2).

Tried some music videos and just like the M11 Pro, there is no gyroscopic support for auto rotation to landscape. So still have to use a tool to manually switch to landscape—I use “Rotation Control” which is a little buggy on Android 10 switching back and forth, but when it’s working videos look great on this screen in full landscape and sound great on AM.

As far as the Android Apple Music app, for those who are locked into the iOS world and hesitant to try an Android-based device, the app looks identical to the iOS version. The only difference is that settings are accessed in the app versus going to the iOS settings app and finding AM. One advantage of an android device like the M11+LTD with Apple Music (or any streamer) is the external microSD storage for offline music downloads.

Cheers
FiiO has all the sensors on the 660 soc switched 📴, maybe they'll turn some of them on in a future update, Ibasso DX 300 and the Hiby R6 2020 they're on ,the original M11 with the exynos soc I think there 1 sensor active.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back