[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jun 30, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #406 of 2,984
@chef8489
This is a well covered discussion and I don't see a point of doing it again.
You know , the Einstein paraphrase that not everything that counts etc etc etc.

Manufacturers suggest burn in , they surely know better.

And btw never wrote that if I hear or not the supposed changes....

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #407 of 2,984
Anyways sorry for getting off topic. I should have left it alone outside the sound science forum. I spend a lot of time there proving and disproving theory and such. Time and place an all. My apologies.

Jun 30, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #408 of 2,984
Anyways sorry for getting off topic. I should have left it alone outside the sound science forum. I spend a lot of time there proving and disproving theory and such. Time and place an all. My apologies.

That’s all right - I always enjoy a little side track on this.. It is related anyway as the Fiio m11 pro/plus is obviously an exemplary measuring device but yet here I am complaining about how it sounds

Jun 30, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #412 of 2,984
After some hours of listening, iam confuse. I have the feeling that M11 plus miss some micro dynamics details.

Any on have the same impression?
I love the device but...I feel iam missing something...
That’s weird. I feel like I’m hearing things I’ve never ever heard before. I feel like the detail is almost too much. Everything I so precise, I can discern the timbre of different instruments even in crowded sections of music. To my ears it could al be a smidge hazier and warmer. Just a smidge.

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #413 of 2,984
That’s weird. I feel like I’m hearing things I’ve never ever heard before. I feel like the detail is almost too much. Everything I so precise, I can discern the timbre of different instruments even in crowded sections of music. To my ears it could al be a smidge hazier and warmer. Just a smidge.
Thanks, good to know.
I will try to adjust the pot from my Velvet, and see what happens.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #415 of 2,984
Apparently not.
Iam new in the DAPs department, i use to listen to my Cambridge Audio 851 set and my Anthony Gallo 3.1 speakers.
My only reference is ibasso dx160, and i can hear more dynamics from the ibasso, or is just a placebo from the ibasso tunning.

Iam just trying to understand the difference form the two devices that make me feel such a difference, using the same hearphones.

Sorry from my English.

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #416 of 2,984
Iam new in the DAPs department, i use to listen to my Cambridge Audio 851 set and my Anthony Gallo 3.1 speakers.
My only reference is ibasso dx160, and i can hear more dynamics from the ibasso, or is just a placebo from the ibasso tunning.

Iam just trying to understand the difference form the two devices that make me feel such a difference, using the same hearphones.

Sorry from my English.

Probably not a placebo. The ibasso tuning is known for being dynamic.

"A sound as energetic and exciting as that of the iBasso DX160 is quite invigorating for a while. But it doesn’t take long to realise that its unyielding nature is the sonic equivalent of attention deficit disorder."

https://www.whathifi.com/au/reviews/ibasso-dx160

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #417 of 2,984
Probably not a placebo. The ibasso tuning is known for being dynamic.

"A sound as energetic and exciting as that of the iBasso DX160 is quite invigorating for a while. But it doesn’t take long to realise that its unyielding nature is the sonic equivalent of attention deficit disorder."

https://www.whathifi.com/au/reviews/ibasso-dx160
Yes...yes, I read that from the whathifi review. And Iam certain that I made the right decision buying the M11 Plus.

Thanks!

Jun 30, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #418 of 2,984
Yes...yes, I read that from the whathifi review. And Iam certain that I made the right decision buying the M11 Plus.

Thanks!
I certainly did. But I mostly already knew what I was getting being an owner or the M11 Pro now the M11 Plus.

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #419 of 2,984
Haven’t seen this before on the 11 Pro, seems the 11 Plus gets more heat... doesn’t look healthy... I guess i can’t leave it plugged in and listen to music

Dear friend,

The M11 Plus LTD will get a bit hot because of following factors:
1. Initially, check the "ALL to DSD" function is enabled or not. Because this function requires large amounts of computing resources. The CPU needs to be fully operational. Its power consumption will reach to the highest level and cause a large amount of heat. If in this case, switch off the "ALL to DSD" function.
2. Furthermore, the internal intelligent charging management circuit will also consume a lot of power in the process of charging electronic products. If the player is playing music at the same time. The heat will be more than normal. Usually, it is not recommended to use it while charging.
3. Additionally, the use of leather case and protective case will affect the heat dissipation of the M11 Plus LTD. And the temperature will be slightly higher.
4. Finally, the M11 Plus LTD uses two AK4497 chips that consume a lot of power to achieve high sound quality. It generates more heat than other chips when it works. Therefore, the M11 Plus LTD will also emit heat when it is working normally.
If you get that attention, you could wait some time until the temperature decreases. And if the attention appears too frequent, please contact support@fiio. com about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 1, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #420 of 2,984
If Anyone who has an RME ADI 2 Fs dac - please can you share how it compares to the Fiio m11 plus sound quality wise ? i am getting the feeling they might be v close

Users who are viewing this thread

Back