[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Mar 3, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #2,686 of 2,991
The RU6 works nice with M11Plus.
You could also try to switch RU6 to fc6 and use that with M11Plus. You would get S/D and R2R sound. I made bad experience with Hiby support about batteriy replacement (gets really expensive with long shippingtimes and extra taxes)
So I went the road of m11+ ltd and ru6
How much of an upgrade is the m11 ( if it is at all ) ?

Mar 3, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #2,687 of 2,991
Okay, I've done some experimentation )) and have to say that UM MEST MK2 is best revealed on M11 plus ESS at HIGH gain than at medium, it seems to me. Dense bass, closer mids, more expressive treble. Not sure about possible distortions, but I don't seem to hear anything like that.
Are you running it through balance? What volume level?

Mar 3, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #2,690 of 2,991
Everything would be fine. But with copying files to sd, the card works very poorly. Are you not already noticing this? Or just dont pay attention?
I've only used my player for Qobuz/Tidal streaming so far.

Mar 3, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #2,692 of 2,991
With enough powerout from your source (no iPhone or other limited outputs) there is no noticeable difference, so it’s not an upgrade while your phone works as intended.
That’s helpful I’m actually getting the OE audio cable which gives supposedly more power than others. Will skip the m11 for now and wait for an RS6.

Mar 4, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #2,694 of 2,991
It's not entirely clear what you're talking about.
Are files copied to the SD card not playing well?
Or is the copying process going badly?
Audio files are copied. The music is reproduced. When copying a new APK file, the icon is not displayed. But the APK file itself is an installation file and the application is installed.
The copied album and cover folder does not display the cover in Neutron. After removing/connecting the sd card, everything becomes normal. And so on until the next time you add/move a file. Pictures/apk file.
I tried 4 different sd cards. The cards are serviceable, there are no problems with them on a computer, smartphone. The problem is only on FiiO m11 plus ltd, and on another FiiO m11 plus Ess.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #2,695 of 2,991
Would this be better than a BTR7 for IER-Z1R and Monarch MKII?

Mar 4, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #2,696 of 2,991
Sound quality i believe so even i never heard BTR7, assuming the m11 plus have better chipset, better amp, cable vs bluetooth.

But for portability, of course the BTR7 have their advantage as they are created that way.

Mar 4, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #2,697 of 2,991
When copying a new APK file, the icon is not displayed. But the APK file itself is an installation file and the application is installed.
The copied album and cover folder does not display the cover in Neutron.
Hi.
It is not entirely clear why to put the apk on the memory card?
(Привет.
Не совсем понятно, для чего ставить apk на карту памяти?).

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #2,698 of 2,991
Hi.
It is not entirely clear why to put the apk on the memory card?
(Привет.
Не совсем понятно, для чего ставить apk на карту памяти?).
Hello!
I do not put APK on the SD card, but copy it.
I don't have a Google account on my device. Therefore, I download the "Neutron" APK file from the site and copy it to the SD card so that in case of any failure, when resetting to factory settings, do not look for this APK file on the site.
But this behavior just reveals a firmware error or a physical implementation by the manufacturer of the micro SD slot.
The problem of inconvenience manifests itself to a greater extent when the device itself copies a new folder with an album and a cover over a wire or Wi-Fi.
"Neutron" does not define album art. And only after removing / connecting the SD card in the system menu, everything becomes normal.
Also, if you insert an SD card with previously copied files through a computer, then all files in the device are displayed correctly.

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #2,699 of 2,991
I had a BTR7 before I got the M11 Plus ESS, the sound is very similar but the M11 has slightly better sound stage and sounds wider to my ears. Also has more power so if you have something that likes high power, it works better.

Mar 8, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #2,700 of 2,991
Hello!
I do not put APK on the SD card, but copy it.
I don't have a Google account on my device. Therefore, I download the "Neutron" APK file from the site and copy it to the SD card so that in case of any failure, when resetting to factory settings, do not look for this APK file on the site.
But this behavior just reveals a firmware error or a physical implementation by the manufacturer of the micro SD slot.
The problem of inconvenience manifests itself to a greater extent when the device itself copies a new folder with an album and a cover over a wire or Wi-Fi.
"Neutron" does not define album art. And only after removing / connecting the SD card in the system menu, everything becomes normal.
Also, if you insert an SD card with previously copied files through a computer, then all files in the device are displayed correctly.
Dear friend,

You may consider downloading the Apkpure app from FiiO Market, then download other third party app via Apkpure?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back