[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Mar 25, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #47 of 9,288
Mar 26, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #48 of 9,288
Does it support Universal EQ?
for eg if I download songs in Qobuz,can I apply EQ while playing it?
Also can it be used as Roon End Point?
Dear friend,
There is no universal EQ,the EQ is only available with FiiO Music.If it set to be universal,the EQ comes with the third-party application will be invalid.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 26, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #51 of 9,288
Maybe it will comes in May.
I am very surprised FiiO chose Android 7 which is more than 2 years old...
I know it takes time and effort to optimize for DAP use, but why not start with at least Android 8 which is 1 year old??

Any plans to upgrade the OS?

Mar 26, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #52 of 9,288
Not available yet and already asking for an OS update. :o2smile:

Mar 26, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #53 of 9,288
I am very surprised FiiO chose Android 7 which is more than 2 years old...
I know it takes time and effort to optimize for DAP use, but why not start with at least Android 8 which is 1 year old??

Any plans to upgrade the OS?
From what i've read this wasnt Fiio's choice. If you search the threads there is an explanation of why this happened

Mar 26, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #54 of 9,288
Not available yet and already asking for an OS update. :o2smile:
I only ask because it will be out with 2 major releases behind, from day 1...

Mar 26, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #55 of 9,288
Every smartphone with the Exynos 7872 is stuck on Android Nougat. The only exception is the recently announced Samsung Galaxy M10 that comes with Oreo 8.1 out of the box. Qualcomm would have been a better option.

Mar 26, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #56 of 9,288
Every smartphone with the Exynos 7872 is stuck on Android Nougat. The only exception is the recently announced Samsung Galaxy M10 that comes with Oreo 8.1 out of the box. Qualcomm would have been a better option.
Then the question should be why didn’t Fiio build around a SoC with more forward options, especially since they’ve embraced Android. Must be a technical or political reason, or both. I mean even the guy on the M11 video says the 7872 has never been used for a music player and was a huge technical challenge to optimize. So why not just go with another easier platform unless the 7872 has some magical qualities that made it so attractive. Or maybe Fiio just got lucky and got a good deal on a boatload of Exynos chips no-one else wanted.

All speculation on my part. Personally as long as it’s fast, stable, has great Wi-Fi, and runs the main Android apps I need it to run (Tidal, Fiio Music, Plex and maybe a handful of others), I’m good. I don’t want to be upgrading my dap every other year like I do my cellphone.

Mar 26, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #57 of 9,288
Then the question should be why didn’t Fiio build around a SoC with more forward options, especially since they’ve embraced Android. Must be a technical or political reason, or both. I mean even the guy on the M11 video says the 7872 has never been used for a music player and was a huge technical challenge to optimize. So why not just go with another easier platform unless the 7872 has some magical qualities that made it so attractive. Or maybe Fiio just got lucky and got a good deal on a boatload of Exynos chips no-one else wanted.

All speculation on my part. Personally as long as it’s fast, stable, has great Wi-Fi, and runs the main Android apps I need it to run (Tidal, Fiio Music, Plex and maybe a handful of others), I’m good. I don’t want to be upgrading my dap every other year like I do my cellphone.

I guess they had a great deal with Samsung. They will use the same SoC with the flagships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back