[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 7, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #5,795 of 9,288
Well it's arrived.

Out of the box it's a little heavier than expected, but not a problem.
So, first thing read that manual... Na, I'm male that comes later
IMG_20190807_141737050_HDR.jpg

Now let's play...:ksc75smile:

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #5,796 of 9,288
Today my experiment ended, comparing the sound of the M11 with FH5 headphones in balance and 3.5 jack. I was interested to know from which connector the sound is better, and I am ready to share the result. Compared as follows - listened to the day on the balance, the day at 3.5. On the third day, changing cables 2.5 and 3.5 alternately, I compared the compositions I selected. And so: 2.5 balanced connector gives more details, more instruments are heard, definitely!
Definitely better in sound 2.5 balanced connector.
Connector 3.5 plays more closely with less elaboration of details (less separation of instruments), which makes the sound feel warmer, more intimate, but at the same time a little easier.
I used to think that the difference between 2.5 and 3.5 connectors is only in power, but it turned out that the difference is also in sound quality. Hope this information is helpful.
E57EJp.jpg

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #5,797 of 9,288
Today my experiment ended, comparing the sound of the M11 with FH5 headphones in balance and 3.5 jack. I was interested to know from which connector the sound is better, and I am ready to share the result. Compared as follows - listened to the day on the balance, the day at 3.5. On the third day, changing cables 2.5 and 3.5 alternately, I compared the compositions I selected. And so: 2.5 balanced connector gives more details, more instruments are heard, definitely!
Connector 3.5 plays more closely with less elaboration of details (less separation of instruments), which makes the sound feel warmer, more intimate, but at the same time a little easier.
I used to think that the difference between 2.5 and 3.5 connectors is only in power, but it turned out that the difference is also in sound quality. Hope this information is helpful.
E57EJp.jpg
Great test and results, thanks. That says to me the M11 was designed/optimised for balanced output. I knew this already from my own testing, but glad to see it confirmed by others. For the same reason I have balanced-optimised desktop gear.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #5,798 of 9,288
Great test and results, thanks. That says to me the M11 was designed/optimised for balanced output. I knew this already from my own testing, but glad to see it confirmed by others. For the same reason I have balanced-optimised desktop gear.

Totally agree,

Little bit of a shame the cables were not the same just with different terminations.

Still a great write up tho.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #5,799 of 9,288
is there any difference between the 2,5 and 4,4 ports? except the Thickness

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #5,802 of 9,288
E57EJp.jpg
Yes this is correct. Balanced in fiio indeed sounds better and this is fact. Dont know why but this is also the same with m9 so fiio with m series really optimized for balanced. With m9 i hear even more difference.

Aug 7, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #5,804 of 9,288
Well, I may not eat until Christmas but this M11 is a vast improvement over the Fiio X1/A3 combo I was using.
It's stunning, even if only using a pair of KZ ZS10Pro's. They really are excellent together, detail is fantastic, musical. I love the M11, well worth it...even more with the discount last weekend.

Cons. Pain in butt trying to open mirco SD holder. Putting output to all DSD really eats battery and heats up the unit.

Now on charge, will have a test tomorrow using the KZ AS10.

All-in all the M11 is 'king amazing for the money.
Impressive

IMG_20190807_173549571~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back