[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 1, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #5,461 of 9,288
The m11 just sounds better, and the battery life is better. The ak does have the edge in compactness and style.
this gives me good hope

Aug 1, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #5,463 of 9,288
I've got your best interests at heart, Juj. I'll talk you down from getting the Pro, but the FH7 is a must buy. Those babies were made for the M11. Like peas in a pod. You get my drift... :angel:

On a related quest, what is the _over ear_ headphone pod for the M11 pea? I don't want IEM's, I already have Q-tips to collect ear wax.

Aug 1, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #5,465 of 9,288
I want't to use Deezer HI-Fi on this. I know at this time Deezer does not support it on Android, but does it work? Want to know before I upgrade my subscription.

It can be found in the applications app, I am only testing and wont be getting the subscription so cant help there sorry
Screenshot_20190801-210313[1].png Screenshot_20190801-210613[1].png

was also easy enough to set up the 15 day trail

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #5,467 of 9,288
At first I couldn't understand why so many on here were using Poweramp as I remember it as being rubbish but tonight I realised I was getting mixed up with Winamp :)

I have just read quite a few reviews comparing Hi-Res players and Poweramp seems to be the most recommended so I thought I would give it a go.

So far I like it very much but I have one question which is inevitably about naming/folders etc.

Ever since I started storing digital music I have adopted a very simple structure which is artist/album/tracks and I have always made sure the tracks are numbered correctly even if I had to do it manually. My question is - in the Poweramp 'List Options:Library' you can choose the Home Category which is the list that comes up when you press the crossed square button on the left - do you force it to follow your own folder structure or trust it to get everything right on its own which in my case would be Albums by Artist ?

I know I could just experiment but I'm curious to see what others do. I will see if this forum supports polls which would be an easy way for people to answer.

FWIW I am just amazed that every player app I have tried uses the track name sorted alphabetically as the default indexing system. The first time I imported everything it gave me quite a shock as it was an instant trip down memory lane and I couldn't remember immediately where half the 'A' songs came from ! I suppose this is a reflection on how many people stream tracks and not sides of albums. I actually really enjoyed it and played some stuff I haven't heard for years. I couldn't live with it though but I will definitely find a way of emulating it even if it means duplicating everything :wink:

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #5,470 of 9,288
Hello,

I am having an issue with the fiio m11 since the upgrade of the o/s to 1.06 I have been having an issue when swapping from the 3.5mm output (when connected to the car) to the 4.4mm iems at work. When I press the play button instead of restarting the music I get what can only be described as an audio screech.

Has anyone else experienced this? What might be the cause?

Aug 1, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #5,472 of 9,288
At first I couldn't understand why so many on here were using Poweramp as I remember it as being rubbish but tonight I realised I was getting mixed up with Winamp :)

I have just read quite a few reviews comparing Hi-Res players and Poweramp seems to be the most recommended so I thought I would give it a go.

So far I like it very much but I have one question which is inevitably about naming/folders etc.

Ever since I started storing digital music I have adopted a very simple structure which is artist/album/tracks and I have always made sure the tracks are numbered correctly even if I had to do it manually. My question is - in the Poweramp 'List Options:Library' you can choose the Home Category which is the list that comes up when you press the crossed square button on the left - do you force it to follow your own folder structure or trust it to get everything right on its own which in my case would be Albums by Artist ?

I know I could just experiment but I'm curious to see what others do. I will see if this forum supports polls which would be an easy way for people to answer.

FWIW I am just amazed that every player app I have tried uses the track name sorted alphabetically as the default indexing system. The first time I imported everything it gave me quite a shock as it was an instant trip down memory lane and I couldn't remember immediately where half the 'A' songs came from ! I suppose this is a reflection on how many people stream tracks and not sides of albums. I actually really enjoyed it and played some stuff I haven't heard for years. I couldn't live with it though but I will definitely find a way of emulating it even if it means duplicating everything :wink:

I use the same structure and Poweramp works perfectly. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back