[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 31, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #5,387 of 9,288
Jmills new Cayin N8 case, never mind Dignis, Dig this :ksc75smile:

R1111071-01-1.jpg

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #5,390 of 9,288
Jul 31, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #5,392 of 9,288
That new ak chip isn't as near important as the amp and output circuit and how fiio will tune the m15, the clock systems are already very good. I imagine the pro and 15 will be a hair cleaner in their output. But the cheapest dac from ak, or ess can be made to sound as good as their top of the line stuff with good clocking and the right output.

Take this 'low line' ess in the m6, observe the specs. Dnr up 121 decibels- useless you would be deaf very quickly to realize this number- and no that doesnt make it any cleaner at normal listening levels.

Ok THD + N -115 db another amazing number. That counts imd too. So inaudible. These specs are already to high to be realized. So the new dac with 130 db SNr and 119 thd+n is just marketing. The amp section and output and LPF tuning are what matters.

I have an ap80 with an 'even cheaper' older ess dac than the m6, and it sounds supreme for such a tiny dap. Tuned very clean and neutral with lots of power.

Just saying lol. I don't get excited by new dacs, it's the amp/output stage that gives you the sound characteristics really.

U8 uses a variation of the 038 ess chips, but it sounds like an old Wolfson or BB with a beautiful natural warm sound of of a supposed neutral exacting dac. Shanling m3s and m2x sound exacting and very neutral even a touch cold- but they're both using AK velvet sound dacs which people perceive to be warmer.

Omg! How did that happen?

The amp and output stage and the LPF, they engineered it to sound that way.

Ok I'm done lol :deadhorse:

Screenshot_20190731-145240_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190731-145440_Chrome.jpg

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #5,397 of 9,288
I am pleased, I just managed to get Double Twist Cloudplayer APK running and streaming on my M11.

I tried it out when I got the player and it didn't play ball, it wouldn't access my Dropbox storage, thought I'd give it another go using download directed from the Doubletwist site itself, and bingo!

I have many thousand albums on Dropbox unlimited storage, and use CP extensively on my phones, as my go to access, so this is a big deal for me! I can now access all my albums online and download them for use with the Fiio app whenever.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #5,398 of 9,288
Do you remove the trial app before buying the ‘full’ version ?

Hi

Basically, yes you do need to remove the trial version.

You need to download and install the specific poweramp apk from the site, then purchase the license via the website, using the paypro system, then you get an email with unlocking details for the specific version you installed on the M11...

I went through the procedure ... here's a chunk of the mail received (note you want V3 option only):

"Poweramp is unlocked in-app via Settings => Already Purchased? => Website.

Detailed instructions:
1. uninstall any other version of Poweramp Full Version Unlocker if you have it
2. ensure you have Poweramp from website (http://powerampapp.com/download-poweramp). Poweramp from Play doesn't have website purchase support
3. ensure your Internet connection is working on the device and you can open http://powerampapp.com
4. (Poweramp v3 only) in Poweramp Settings use Already Purchased? => Website and type in Email account (my email address used to purchase it) and Order ID (my order id which they gave me)
-- OR --
4. (Poweramp v2 only) ensure your Google or Email account POWERAMP 3 is registered under Android settings => Accounts
5. (Poweramp v2 only) in Poweramp Settings use Already Purchased? => Website and type in Email account POWERAMP 3 and Order ID 17329182

More details: http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/324284-restore-poweramp-purchase-build-550-"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back