[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 11, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #1,141 of 9,288
Quick question on my confusion with balanced input on M11. For balanced to work you need a headphone designated as a balanced headphone? I realize using balanced adapters does not work but I have a Phillips 9500 that has a detachable cable. If I bought a balanced cable on it would I be taking advantage of balanced input or am I wasting my money? Do I need to shop for a designated balanced headphone to use a balanced input properly? Thanks
Firstly it’s a balanced ‘output’ on the M11, not input. Secondly the SPH9500 has a single sided cable, which I believe can’t be re-wired to balanced. You’ll need a headphone with cable inputs for each cup, and then buy a balanced cable for that headphone with a 2.5mm or 4.4mm balanced connector to take advantage of the output options on the M11. Let me know if any of that isn’t clear.

May 11, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #1,142 of 9,288
Quick question on my confusion with balanced input on M11. For balanced to work you need a headphone designated as a balanced headphone? I realize using balanced adapters does not work but I have a Phillips 9500 that has a detachable cable. If I bought a balanced cable on it would I be taking advantage of balanced input or am I wasting my money? Do I need to shop for a designated balanced headphone to use a balanced input properly? Thanks

Unfortunatelly seems the headphones you're talking about are not internally wired to be driven as balanced. If you really want that you might try this mod. Nevertheless, if you're happy with your headphones, don't get obsessed with balanced and unbalanced. Balanced might have its benefits (and disadvantages) but in the end two (among others) things are important: How good are the headphones and how good is the equipment you're driving them with. I'm sure the M11 will drive your headphones wonderfully.

May 11, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #1,144 of 9,288
Well I just put an order in for the T2's on AliExpress in preparation for the balanced port. I'm hoping they fair well

May 12, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #1,145 of 9,288
Can't wait for my pre-order unit. They said unit will arrive sometime in May and it's already halfway of the month.

May 13, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #1,149 of 9,288
According to their facebook page a few days ago it's already pushed back to June.
Sad to hear that. From the design perspective, the m11 is already up there with the ak models, just needs to have a decent leather case. The included ttansparent case gives a cheap appeatance to it but that's only for me.

May 13, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #1,150 of 9,288
I was choosing between this or the r6 pro but the r6 pro seems to have a lot of issues as well. Users also reported hissing issue when using iems.

May 13, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #1,151 of 9,288
Sad to hear that. From the design perspective, the m11 is already up there with the ak models, just needs to have a decent leather case. The included ttansparent case gives a cheap appeatance to it but that's only for me.

Re: the transparent case; not that it looks cheap, there are sharp edges especially at the bottom so one has to be careful holding it but hey, it is free. :ksc75smile:

I almost purchased the leather case when the link was shared in this thread. However, after hearing/reading some feedback, I've changed my mind. I will just stick with the free case for the meantime until a better leather case is introduced if at all.

As an additional bonus, I use my smartphone less now as browsing and watching videos on YT can be accomplished with the M11 with better sound! :beerchug:

May 13, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #1,152 of 9,288
I was choosing between this or the r6 pro but the r6 pro seems to have a lot of issues as well. Users also reported hissing issue when using iems.
Just the fact that your choosing between this and the R6 Pro says everything you need to know about the insane value of the M11.

May 13, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #1,154 of 9,288
Do you have any lip sync issues with YouTube? Do you play YouTube via Chrome or the YT app?
Yes, there is still a bit of sync issue but not as bad as before FW1.0.4.

May 13, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #1,155 of 9,288
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back