[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 30, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #946 of 9,288
Yep, I’ve tried every APK for this I could find, and no-go. That said, I find the quality of the FiiO player excellent, and have also been impressed (so far) by Poweramp (v3). If my testing goes well this week I may just buy Poweramp (doesn’t need Google Play to buy) and use it alongside FiiO Music. Poweramp has some brilliant features, can be fine tuned, and has support for Album Artist among its many plusses.

Also tried Rocket Player and HiBy and didn’t much care for either.
I have the paid version of Poweramp on my phone. So far I am happy with Neutron so I have not installed Poweramp on my M11 yet. I may do so just for fun. :)

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #947 of 9,288
I have the paid version of Poweramp on my phone. So far I am happy with Neutron so I have not installed Poweramp on my M11 yet. I may do so just for fun. :)
I haven’t tried Neutron but don’t like the look of the UI at all from what I’ve seen, so probably won’t.

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #948 of 9,288
I haven’t tried Neutron but don’t like the look of the UI at all from what I’ve seen, so probably won’t.
I do not find Neutron UI as well. I just like the SQ the best of all the music players I have tried on my phone so I am keeping it. :)

Apr 30, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #949 of 9,288

Do you know if you have to pay for a second poweramp if you already bought it for your phone? I bought poweramp about 7 years ago for an old Samsung screen that I haven't used for years. Would like to put the app on an M11 but not sure if thats even possible without buying it again?

Apr 30, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #950 of 9,288
I have asked the developer if there is a way this can be done. He said no and he did not offer any plan for the future as well.
I wrote to them as well and got similar reply ... Perhaps if enough of us write to them ....

Apr 30, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #951 of 9,288
Do you know if you have to pay for a second poweramp if you already bought it for your phone? I bought poweramp about 7 years ago for an old Samsung screen that I haven't used for years. Would like to put the app on an M11 but not sure if thats even possible without buying it again?

With the M11 you'll have to buy the non Google play version. I have the Google play version too.
I guess it's good they have the option. I don't mind if UAPP could do this too.

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #952 of 9,288
Hi @JamesFiiO - I’m thoroughly enjoying discovering the different features of the M11. One of those is video playback. There is one issue though - when a video starts to play, it normally switches to landscape mode (screen flips to fit the video). But when it stops playing, the app stays in landscape mode. Is there any way to add a software toggle to flip the M11 from landscape to portrait mode (or vice versa)? As it is now you have to exit to home for the M11 to switch back, which isn’t very intuitive. I doubt the M11 has a hardware gyroscope, so a software toggle or better yet a gesture control to switch from landscape to portrait or portrait to landscape would be most welcomed!

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #953 of 9,288
Coming from the M9, there were a number of ‘niggles’ that made me consider a switch almost as soon as I got it.

One of those was Wi-Fi - or more specifically lack of WiFi power and stability. While I never had any issues connecting to my dual band Wi-Fi network when well within range of the router, any serious distance between router and M9 (as in two rooms away) and the signal would drop. Since Airplay relies on the Wi-Fi network and signal strength, I also had intermittent issues using Airplay from the iPhone.

I’m happy to say these issues have (touch wood) been fully resolved with the M11. Not only can I pick up a decent Wi-Fi signal from across the house, Airplay works first time and every time, and stays locked in even when I’m moving between rooms.

I’ll say it again here: the M11 is what the M9 should have been. While the M9 has the features, many of them are undercooked. On the M11, they seem to be implemented to perfection.

More feedback and a full review in the coming days and weeks. If you have any questions meanwhile or want me to test anything for you, fire away.

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #954 of 9,288
Coming from the M9, there were a number of ‘niggles’ that made me consider a switch almost as soon as I got it.

One of those was Wi-Fi - or more specifically lack of WiFi power and stability. While I never had any issues connecting to my dual band Wi-Fi network when well within range of the router, any serious distance between router and M9 (as in two rooms away) and the signal would drop. Since Airplay relies on the Wi-Fi network and signal strength, I also had intermittent issues using Airplay from the iPhone.

I’m happy to say these issues have (touch wood) been fully resolved with the M11. Not only can I pick up a decent Wi-Fi signal from across the house, Airplay works first time and every time, and stays locked in even when I’m moving between rooms.

I’ll say it again here: the M11 is what the M9 should have been. While the M9 has the features, many of them are undercooked. On the M11, they seem to be implemented to perfection.

More feedback and a full review in the coming days and weeks. If you have any questions meanwhile or want me to test anything for you, fire away.
Coming from the M9 as well, I agree with you completely! The M9 is a solid little player (and I did really like its form factor for portability), but the M11 is in a different class when it comes to power, ease of use, and flexibility.

May 1, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #955 of 9,288
These Fiio or ZX300, did anyone already compare them, which SQ better overall, please advice thanks.
they look miles better on specs alone. You can only go so wrong with these, lol.

May 1, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #957 of 9,288
Which one better ones based on spec !? still confuse...
Reading the specs, the M11 betters the ZX300 in all areas, except built-in storage, battery life and portability. Can’t comment on SQ as I haven’t heard the Sony, but it probably needs to sound like God himself to justify the asking price over the already superb-sounding M11.

May 1, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #958 of 9,288
Just pre-ordered mine from audio46! This will be my first music player since I had a 4th gen iPod Touch years ago and my first hifi DAP. Now I just need to be patient...

Can anyone confirm if you can get the Sonarworks True-Fi app installed and if it works with Spotify and Tidal? I know it's technically unreleased but it is on the Amazon App Store for Android.

May 1, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #959 of 9,288
Just pre-ordered mine from audio46! This will be my first music player since I had a 4th gen iPod Touch years ago and my first hifi DAP. Now I just need to be patient...

Can anyone confirm if you can get the Sonarworks True-Fi app installed and if it works with Spotify and Tidal? I know it's technically unreleased but it is on the Amazon App Store for Android.
The Amazon App Store works on the M11, so any app on Amazon will work on the M11 as far as I know. Not sure about SonarWorks specifically but I'll give it a try (if there's a trial version) and revert.

Edit: I see the app is still in beta and only available on Google Play. Assuming it comes to the Amazon App Store it should work. If it's limited to Google Play, you're out of luck. I use SonarWorks on the desktop, so curious to see if the mobile app will include profiles for all the popular IEMs on the market (otherwise its value will be very limited for mobile users).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back