[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 11, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #5,941 of 9,288
Maybe it is only my unit, but all to dsd adds very noticeable noise when I use tidal. The strange thing, this only happen with tidal, not the fiio app. And it is more noticeable with certain songs. Try to play the first 10 seconds of Patricia Barber Too rich for my blood. First without all to dsd and next with all to dsd enabled. The difference is very noticeable. I think I already mentioned this on this thread but got no response, so Im very curious if it is only me (in that case my unit is faulty). Im using FH7 and ier m9 balanced.

I’ll try now, was busy earlier.

EDIT: @krumplib430 I just selected “I Get a Kick Out of You” and it sounds fine. Is it the soft sizzling cymbal at the back which you are referring to?

Same track and volume, All to DSD on and off and I find the imaging improved with it on and actually sounds kind of intimate, like in a darkly lit restaurant. I personally like it on with this particular track.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #5,943 of 9,288
Maybe it is only my unit, but all to dsd adds very noticeable noise when I use tidal. The strange thing, this only happen with tidal, not the fiio app. And it is more noticeable with certain songs. Try to play the first 10 seconds of Patricia Barber Too rich for my blood. First without all to dsd and next with all to dsd enabled. The difference is very noticeable. I think I already mentioned this on this thread but got no response, so Im very curious if it is only me (in that case my unit is faulty). Im using FH7 and ier m9 balanced.
I’ve just gone back and forth trying this for you. To be honest I can’t really hear any extra noise at all in All to DSD. The track does seem to have slight noise at the start in any mode, but I think that’s the track, and it could be the musicians shuffling around and not actual noise. It may be placebo but All to DSD maybe adds a hair more detail, which emphasizes that early track ‘noise’ just a hair, but it’s so slight you wouldn’t know if if you’re not actually analyzing it with a microscope (which I tend not to do). So if there’s significant noise differences, something could be amiss with your unit or IEMs.

PS. I tried it with the FH7 on high gain volume 55 in case you need to know my settings. Also there’s some very slight sibilance in this track, which is unusual for the FH7 in my experience.

Aug 11, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #5,944 of 9,288
I’ve just gone back and forth trying this for you. To be honest I can’t really hear any extra noise at all in All to DSD. The track does seem to have slight noise at the start in any mode, but I think that’s the track, and it could be the musicians shuffling around and not actual noise. It may be placebo but All to DSD maybe adds a hair more detail, which emphasizes that early track ‘noise’ just a hair, but it’s so slight you wouldn’t know if if you’re not actually analyzing it with a microscope (which I tend not to do). So if there’s significant noise differences, something could be amiss with your unit or IEMs.

PS. I tried it with the FH7 on high gain volume 55 in case you need to know my settings. Also there’s some very slight sibilance in this track, which is unusual for the FH7 in my experience.
Many thanks for testing! Probably my unit is faulty then. The noise is very loud on my unit with alltodsd.

Aug 11, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #5,945 of 9,288
Many thanks for testing! Probably my unit is faulty then. The noise is very loud on my unit with alltodsd.

I have also had a play with all to DSD this morning but found no loud nosie sorry.

What firmware are you on curently it is 1.0.6 for the M11 and the FiiO app is 1.1.3

If you have aready updated these might be worth trying a factory reset.

If you have treid all this sorry for going over it again.

Aug 11, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #5,946 of 9,288
That’s my conclusions as well...just seems cleaner and less congestion.

Also you save battery :)

All to DSD is so good...but a battery killer, easily 2-2.5x more battery consumption. But brings up the M11 another level.

So now I have something else to try.Get your hands on a RY4S earbud from Aliexpress for about $4.50 or so with free shipping. Im trying to figure out what's going on here but this is most exciting headphone I've heard with the M11. Blows away my Tin Audio T2,My Grados and my Phillips 3500.I read about them on the earbuds section of this site and took a chance.Had to burn them in for about 100 hours to open up soundstage and tame the highs but the results are amazing. Take a leap of faith for under 5 bucks.

Aug 11, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #5,947 of 9,288
So now I have something else to try.Get your hands on a RY4S earbud from Aliexpress for about $4.50 or so with free shipping. Im trying to figure out what's going on here but this is most exciting headphone I've heard with the M11. Blows away my Tin Audio T2,My Grados and my Phillips 3500.I read about them on the earbuds section of this site and took a chance.Had to burn them in for about 100 hours to open up soundstage and tame the highs but the results are amazing. Take a leap of faith for under 5 bucks.

These?? haha NO danger they are what I hated most about 90's portable music LOL :)

RY4S-original-in-ear-Earphone-15mm-music-quality-sound-HIFI-Earphone-MX500-style-earphone-3-5mm.jpg

But each to there own

One Audiohobo's hate is another Audiophile's lover :p

Aug 11, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #5,948 of 9,288
I have also had a play with all to DSD this morning but found no loud nosie sorry.

What firmware are you on curently it is 1.0.6 for the M11 and the FiiO app is 1.1.3

If you have aready updated these might be worth trying a factory reset.

If you have treid all this sorry for going over it again.
Thanks for checking. I did factory reset and have the latest firmware, but got the same result. Now I am almost certain my unit is faulty with alltodsd. The only strange thing it only happens with tidal, it works flawlessly with fiio app. I updated tidal to the latest with apkpure as well.

Aug 11, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #5,949 of 9,288
Thanks for checking. I did factory reset and have the latest firmware, but got the same result. Now I am almost certain my unit is faulty with alltodsd. The only strange thing it only happens with tidal, it works flawlessly with fiio app. I updated tidal to the latest with apkpure as well.

I'm sorry I did not try with tidal I might try later on today. It wanted card stuff for a trail haha no thanks.

Sorry cant help more

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #5,950 of 9,288
Another dumbass question from chief dumbass.

When playing a track there's a heart icon in the bottom tray, if you press, it turns red.
Now, the assumption on my part is you add it to a 'favourites' folder ?

But I can find any trace of a folder or options to play them back...!!!

Anyone know ?

Tia.

Aug 11, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #5,951 of 9,288
Another dumbass question from chief dumbass.

When playing a track there's a heart icon in the bottom tray, if you press, it turns red.
Now, the assumption on my part is you add it to a 'favourites' folder ?

But I can find any trace of a folder or options to play them back...!!!

Anyone know ?

Tia.

It should add the song to the Favorites playlist :)
Screenshot_20190811-123952.png Screenshot_20190811-123956.png

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #5,953 of 9,288
@Jujoe.

As playlist always states 1. I never bothered looking as to me as playlist are playlist files not Favourites.

Thanks again.

Did you get your cashback yet. Nothing for me yet.

Nope but I am still waiting on the item to even update from preorder :frowning2: If its not updated by wednesday I'm thinking of canceling LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back