[FiiO LC-RE/LC-RE Pro/LC-RE Pro 2022] MMCX cable Gold-Silver-Copper swappable plug Earphone Cable
Jan 14, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #91 of 199
I have it for a few days, and I got confused by its on/off marking.
Off meaning it cannot take off, secured, locked.
When at On mark, you can change plug.
Despite that, the cable is good quality, and looks good as well.
I think of it as "On = Connector change function on / available" / "Off = Connector Change function locked / unavailable". Almost makes sense and not difficult to remember when thought of this way. :smile_phones:

Jan 14, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #93 of 199
I think of it as "On = Connector change function on / available" / "Off = Connector Change function locked / unavailable". Almost makes sense and not difficult to remember when thought of this way. :smile_phones:
I look at it a different way. In Asian countries, they read RIGHT to LEFT. When you put the termination onto the post and look at it. It says on, turn clockwise. By doing so, you see the word off, but you did turn it clockwise. Engaged, looking at it you see the arrow pointing counterclockwise then the word off. You turn counterclockwise and pull apart. It's not a description of the state you are in, rather an instruction set, telling you which way to turn to get what you want. Works for me to think that way, anyway

Jan 20, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #95 of 199
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 27, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #96 of 199
Hi,

I am not really a fan of braided cables, but this cable has changed my opinion.

I bought these for the Xelento's, as I wanted an upgrade from the B series from Fiio, (the smokey ones) with which I had difficulties fitting them correctly. This because that particular cable is rather stiff, and they seemed to swivel a bit too much at the MMCX connector, so they sometimes just popped out of my ear. Not a fault of the cable by the way, which also happens to be a very good one, just my ears.. :wink:

I did not have this problem with the Beyerdynamic stock cable, but as I prefer to use them balanced I needed a 4.4 Pentaconn. (Pair-up with Cayin N6mk2)

The LC RE's are indeed a tight fit on the Xelento's as mentioned in this thread, but therefore they stay well in position, which for me is a god send!

I have not listened to them a lot yet as they arrived yesterday, but I can say that they indeed seem to have a much cleaner bass, and that they are much more intimate. Female vocals have somehow come alive...a bit more forward. I will be trying them with my custom Scheinhardt tips ths weekend, really looking forward to that!

The cable itself is really flexible, no microphonics whatsoever, and I love the interchangable plug which allows me to use the same cable on my pad for watching Netflix, and then straight to the Dap. Excellent.

Feb 27, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #97 of 199
Hi,

I am not really a fan of braided cables, but this cable has changed my opinion.

I bought these for the Xelento's, as I wanted an upgrade from the B series from Fiio, (the smokey ones) with which I had difficulties fitting them correctly. This because that particular cable is rather stiff, and they seemed to swivel a bit too much at the MMCX connector, so they sometimes just popped out of my ear. Not a fault of the cable by the way, which also happens to be a very good one, just my ears.. :wink:

I did not have this problem with the Beyerdynamic stock cable, but as I prefer to use them balanced I needed a 4.4 Pentaconn. (Pair-up with Cayin N6mk2)

The LC RE's are indeed a tight fit on the Xelento's as mentioned in this thread, but therefore they stay well in position, which for me is a god send!

I have not listened to them a lot yet as they arrived yesterday, but I can say that they indeed seem to have a much cleaner bass, and that they are much more intimate. Female vocals have somehow come alive...a bit more forward. I will be trying them with my custom Scheinhardt tips ths weekend, really looking forward to that!

The cable itself is really flexible, no microphonics whatsoever, and I love the interchangable plug which allows me to use the same cable on my pad for watching Netflix, and then straight to the Dap. Excellent.
Please give further feedback of your listening impressions as when you have a clearer opinion. Thanks!

Feb 27, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #98 of 199
LC-RE has a V-Shaped signatures. Mid and vocal is recessed but with trebles and low elevated. However, it is very controlled, the upper mid and lower trebles may be a little attenuated. Synergies matching up will be a real factor here.

However, the best aspect of LC-RE is the flexibility, no Microphonic, comfortability, the Adaptable plug end. Most specifically is the Dynamic ability. It has a very dynamic energy delivery throughout the whole spectrum

Feb 27, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #99 of 199
LC-RE has a V-Shaped signatures. Mid and vocal is recessed but with trebles and low elevated. However, it is very controlled, the upper mid and lower trebles may be a little attenuated. Synergies matching up will be a real factor here.

However, the best aspect of LC-RE is the flexibility, no Microphonic, comfortability, the Adaptable plug end. Most specifically is the Dynamic ability. It has a very dynamic energy delivery throughout the whole spectrum
It was the gold that sold it to me :D
Both in appearance and as part of the audio tweaking mix.

I'm actually using the LC-RE on my Campfire Audio Solaris 2020, with a 4.4mm plug.
I tried a couple of different cables on it, but this one had a nice synergy for me.
Vs the stock cable, it made the Solaris 2020 sound a touch more warm and organic, brought out details a little bit more and with a bit more musicality.

With the stock cable, I occasionally found something in the mids that kind of triggered my sensitivity to certain frequencies on some tracks, and to my delight the LC-RE has largely eliminated that. This could perhaps be a result of the laid back mids you mentioned, but in this case it works well for me, and with the Solaris 2020 at least, I've noticed vocal performances are particularly nice. :)

I bought mine from a local(ish) Head-Fi member, and so glad I finally bought this excellent cable.
Highly recommended :)

Feb 27, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #100 of 199
Hi Whitigir, Hi Joaco,

I am looking forward to listening through my library with the LC-RE cable! I will post my findings..

I just ordered a symmetric heaphone cable from Audioverse.de for my new Denon 9200.. another adventure awaits.. :)

Whitigir, I see you have the Cayin C9? Have had my eye on that, but need to save up a little.. :xf_cool: Its either the N8, or stay with the N6mk2 and add the C9.

Feb 27, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #103 of 199

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #105 of 199
Just received my LC-RE today. Connected to my Shure SE846 there is definite extension to the bass and treble, very pleasantly so. Soundstage is also improved. If they did a desktop version of the cable I'd snap it right up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back