[FiiO KA5]FiiO Portable DAC and Headphone Amplifier, Multifunctional local OS | OLED display | Dual CS43198 DACs | PCM 768kHz/32bit | DSD256 | 3.5+4.4 dual outputs | App connectivity
Jan 27, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #482 of 535
There seems to be much less interference with another cable. Too bad the one provided isn't better shielded.

I've just bought an android tablet, which runs Android 12 : the device is not recognized in UAC 2, only in UAC 1, wich prevent it to be used bit-perfectly .... I am really unpleasantly surprised.
Can you hear a difference? Before you bought the new tablet and saw that it was not "bit perfect" was there a drastic fault you detected?
Or not.

Be happy. Or not. Listen to the music not the equipment. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #483 of 535
is it better than the nova? how does it compare
It really depends, S12 pro while fast is kind of lacking body due to its inability to properly protray decay. Nova has quite the upper bass/lower mids dip which is following harman curve but can sound extra thin esp with vocals. Honestly I would pick the letshour DZ4 but thats my personal bias since its balanced towards warm neutral with bass lift and has the speed for electronic music.

Nova is nice very harman V so its a fun sound. More suited for pop/rap/bigroom kind of music though.
S12 pro you need someone that that likes it as I cant find a redeming quality for it.

If you are in Kato price range then go for it. Its abit thin but depending on what kind of metal you listen to the speed is very helpful.

RE800 no idea havent heard.

Since 200+ are ok with the budget rapt go hook X is something to consider as I donsider that iem a very tastefuly done V shape iem that is able to play lots of music from slow to fast.

Oh yeah back to dongles, not sure what he means by KA5 is not powerful enough but it will power the DZ4, Kato and hook X nicely and pairs well with them. If you really want to go with the nova I rec going with the tanchjim space as its a smoother dongle that will stretch out the decay and make the nova sound better at lest to my ears.

Jan 27, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #484 of 535
It really depends, S12 pro while fast is kind of lacking body due to its inability to properly protray decay. Nova has quite the upper bass/lower mids dip which is following harman curve but can sound extra thin esp with vocals. Honestly I would pick the letshour DZ4 but thats my personal bias since its balanced towards warm neutral with bass lift and has the speed for electronic music.

Nova is nice very harman V so its a fun sound. More suited for pop/rap/bigroom kind of music though.
S12 pro you need someone that that likes it as I cant find a redeming quality for it.

If you are in Kato price range then go for it. Its abit thin but depending on what kind of metal you listen to the speed is very helpful.

RE800 no idea havent heard.

Since 200+ are ok with the budget rapt go hook X is something to consider as I donsider that iem a very tastefuly done V shape iem that is able to play lots of music from slow to fast.

Oh yeah back to dongles, not sure what he means by KA5 is not powerful enough but it will power the DZ4, Kato and hook X nicely and pairs well with them. If you really want to go with the nova I rec going with the tanchjim space as its a smoother dongle that will stretch out the decay and make the nova sound better at lest to my ears.
hnmm now its even harder to choose :frowning2:
what would be the most optimal choice?

Jan 27, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #486 of 535
hmm strangem it came highly recommended to me. What about the Kato or the RE800?
Don’t own the kato, but read a lot about it and gets good reviews.

Jan 27, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #487 of 535
Also, the ka5 will power IEM fine. But headphones is a different story. It has a very hard time driving my Fostex T60.

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #489 of 535
Both.

Planars.

Desktop mode is def more powerful.

Jan 28, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #492 of 535
Hart cables. The one that came with my Artti T10 is really nice for a throw in.

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #495 of 535
I am looking to find more info regarding the digital filters used in KA5. In the control app they're called short delay or phase compensated etc, which one actually is the fast roll-off linear phase? Thanks.
Dear friend,

This one is the Linear phase fast roll-off filter. The 'Short Delay sharp roll-off filter' is Minimum phase fast roll-off filter.
1706578540495.png

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back