FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
Nov 29, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #1,966 of 2,233
Does anyone know if the Op-Amps are socketed? I'd like to try rolling Op-Amps to see if it makes any difference.
No, they're not. I took apart mine to check if there was a visible flaw on my unit because it sounds really awful about two or three minutes months ago.
I didn't find any evident failure. And the opamps are not user replaceable.

Dec 14, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #1,969 of 2,233
Hi, I want to buy an amp for my hifiman arya se, I'm stuck between fiio k9 pro ess and hifiman ef 400, the only thing that matters to me is sound quality, which one should I choose? Thanks.
From an ex-aryav2 user with a matrix i-mini 3 pro and k9 akm...

The k9 give them an incredible body compared to the matrix

Dec 18, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #1,970 of 2,233
I would like to ask k9 pro owners if they would write about the environment in which they use the device and what the experience is, how satisfied are you? I would be mainly interested in the ess version. what are its general characteristics in terms of sound quality? the double 9038 pro seems to be a pretty high performance in terms of dac. I think the amplifier in it is enough for all headphones, except the ones that are difficult to fold like abyss or he6se or susvara, heddphone. how do you use it? If you could compare the k9 pro ess with other devices, I would be happy too. I'm also interested in anything you want to share about it.

Dec 19, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #1,971 of 2,233
I would like to ask k9 pro owners if they would write about the environment in which they use the device and what the experience is, how satisfied are you? I would be mainly interested in the ess version. what are its general characteristics in terms of sound quality? the double 9038 pro seems to be a pretty high performance in terms of dac. I think the amplifier in it is enough for all headphones, except the ones that are difficult to fold like abyss or he6se or susvara, heddphone. how do you use it? If you could compare the k9 pro ess with other devices, I would be happy too. I'm also interested in anything you want to share about it.
It's a great all-in-one dac/preamp/headphone amp. I can't tell any difference between it and other DAC's I've heard. The THX HP amp has more power than I will ever need (audeze LCD-X). The DAC itself is just really good, like most DAC's are nowadays but the HP amp is where I think it really stands out against the competition.

My ONLY BIG GRIPE is the darn text on the front panel that shows the different functions for the buttons and switches. It is virtually impossible to read unless you are in a brightly lit room or like me - have to shine a flashlight on it to read the markings because my music room is pretty dimly lit.

Dec 22, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #1,975 of 2,233
hello! may i bring a problem i have with the K9 PRO ESS?

K9 PRO ESS distorted my Speakers (AirPulse A300) but Topping D90SE not.

at topping i can select 4v and 5v, at 4v all works clean, at 5v i have distortion at my speakers

with K9 PRO ESS i have the same distortion i had with 5v at topping d90se, cant select 4v or something to fix it at K9 PRO ESS

im using bitperfect excluvise mode asio and wasapi.... the only way to hear normal audio is to put 50% volume at windows from and to player when i use bitperfect
or use eq and change the gain to -4.0db that i dont like and trust

the only workaround is to low the volume but this is not a fix...

topping gives us options and works out of the box as it should!

cant even enjoy the producy i buy to the fullest with this issue

The K9 PRO ESS uses for sure 5V for output xlr and rca, fiio didnt ever consider that 5V is not compatible to all devices?

hope they release a firmware to fix this issue and use topping aproach!

FiiO K9 PRO ESS

|Single-ended line output|

Line Level 2.5Vrms

|Balanced line output|

Line Level 5Vrms

Τopping D90SE

|RCA LINE OUT|

2.1Vrms (Mode 4V)
2.6Vrms (Mode 5V)

|XLR LINE OUT|

4.2VRMS (MODE 4V)
5.2VRMS (MODE 5V)

still waiting for fiio to repond to this and let me use my waste of money....
fiio support sucks...

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #1,977 of 2,233
hello! may i bring a problem i have with the K9 PRO ESS?

K9 PRO ESS distorted my Speakers (AirPulse A300) but Topping D90SE not.

at topping i can select 4v and 5v, at 4v all works clean, at 5v i have distortion at my speakers

with K9 PRO ESS i have the same distortion i had with 5v at topping d90se, cant select 4v or something to fix it at K9 PRO ESS

im using bitperfect excluvise mode asio and wasapi.... the only way to hear normal audio is to put 50% volume at windows from and to player when i use bitperfect
or use eq and change the gain to -4.0db that i dont like and trust

the only workaround is to low the volume but this is not a fix...

topping gives us options and works out of the box as it should!

cant even enjoy the producy i buy to the fullest with this issue

The K9 PRO ESS uses for sure 5V for output xlr and rca, fiio didnt ever consider that 5V is not compatible to all devices?

hope they release a firmware to fix this issue and use topping aproach!

FiiO K9 PRO ESS

|Single-ended line output|

Line Level 2.5Vrms

|Balanced line output|

Line Level 5Vrms

Τopping D90SE

|RCA LINE OUT|

2.1Vrms (Mode 4V)
2.6Vrms (Mode 5V)

|XLR LINE OUT|

4.2VRMS (MODE 4V)
5.2VRMS (MODE 5V)

still waiting for fiio to repond to this and let me use my waste of money....
fiio support sucks...

FiiO Support where are you??????????????????????
To page them use @ before the user name.

So @FiiO support where are you?
My friend is looking for an answer!

Dec 23, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #1,979 of 2,233

Users who are viewing this thread

Back