FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
Oct 23, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #481 of 2,223
With beta the problem with MQA rendering seems to be solved except some clicks if a skip in a MQA file. But now I have no gain difference between mid and high gain. That issue is only in preamp mode

Are we talking about the beta driver or the beta firmware? 😀

Oct 25, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #486 of 2,223
So I was not able to test anything for a few days but today I was able to install the Beta Driver and play some music to test things out.

In DAC mode I am having no issues with volume fluctuation at all and it sounds great. Very detailed and a wider soundstage then the Cobalt that was being used. I am finding vocals seemed to be a little more forward on the cobalt. Could just be my ears playing tricks but I have only done some light testing so far.

The speakers sound find so I do not think I damaged the Paradigms with the sudden burst of full volume the other day with initial testing of the K9.

Does the low/ mid/ high gain have any effect in DAC or Pre Out mode? right now I have it in low and it sounds great.

I will get a chance later to play with the unit more and see if the Pre Out volume issues are gone (hopefully the beta driver fixed this). Jut thought I would share some quick observations because I had a chance to sneak in some testing during the day.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #488 of 2,223
So I was not able to test anything for a few days but today I was able to install the Beta Driver and play some music to test things out.

In DAC mode I am having no issues with volume fluctuation at all and it sounds great. Very detailed and a wider soundstage then the Cobalt that was being used. I am finding vocals seemed to be a little more forward on the cobalt. Could just be my ears playing tricks but I have only done some light testing so far.

The speakers sound find so I do not think I damaged the Paradigms with the sudden burst of full volume the other day with initial testing of the K9.

Does the low/ mid/ high gain have any effect in DAC or Pre Out mode? right now I have it in low and it sounds great.

I will get a chance later to play with the unit more and see if the Pre Out volume issues are gone (hopefully the beta driver fixed this). Jut thought I would share some quick observations because I had a chance to sneak in some testing during the day.
on my setup
gain low / mid / high - do nothing when connected via RCA to AMP. (DAC mode)
It works only for headphone output.

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #493 of 2,223
I do not comment on the products of companies.
But I think you should see that our attitude to the product and the final power and output parameters of the product we made. Is different from others.
We think that the THX AAA 888 can be made to a higher level, we just don't have the right product to use it yet.

In the future, we should use THX AAA 888 on new products, but not on the K9 series
Thx for all answer!
Yesterday I got my K9 Pro. It's great!

Oct 26, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #494 of 2,223
FiiO K9Pro is on the way to our worldwide sales agents!

4998582.jpg

Dear respected customers,

Thank you for your kind patience and constant attention for our K9Pro. Delivery of the K9Pro has started from 10th, October. Please kindly check this post for a daily updated list of countries / regions and agents we have sent goods to.

Thailand: Holysai

HongKong: Carve Link Company

Vietnam:Audio Choice

TaiWan: Taiwan distributor

Hungry: KriptonIT Kft

Switzerland: Portacomp AG

Malaysia: Red Ape

UK: Advanced MP3

Czech distributor

Mexico: Audiofilia Mexico

South Korea: Headphone world

Germany: NT Global Distribution GmbH

Australia: Addicted To Audio

Romanian distributor: AVstore

Bulgaria: Bestline l.t.d

Netherlands: Fiio.nl

(* The shipping to other regions will also follow soon, and we will keep updating this post)

In order to get prompt pre-sales and after-sales service, we strongly suggest you to buy FiiO products from our authorized sales agents (Where to buy).

By our estimate, it would take 5 to 7 working days for the parcels to reach our agents abroad, which means all of you can try contacting the local sales agents on about 17th October.

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us or directly contact our local agents.

Happy listening!

Best regards,
FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

Hungry: KriptonIT Kft = Hungary :wink: (I know, I'm always hungry, my wife told me as well :D ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back