FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Apr 3, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #991 of 1,448
I have 2 questions:
Q1: does the issue with the sound appears only on the windows OS or on another ones too?

Q2: does it make any sense to wait the Fiio K9 for the double price if I will not use the extra features from K9? I mean did somebody already test K9 for the sound?

Z reviews on youtube has reviewed both. He liked the K9 better but thinks the K7 is terrific value. He's about as hardcore into audio as it gets. Not like "I will measure EVERYTHING" hardcore the way crinacle is but he's pretty close.

Apr 3, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #992 of 1,448
Hey guys,

I’m considering the Fiio K7 as my desktop DAC/Headphone amp but was wondering how close it would come to the performance of the K9 pro with the PL50 linear power supply added.

I’m not that bothered about features such as Bluetooth and the additional filters you get with the k9 pro so purely just based on sound with the additional power supply I would be interested to hear how close they actually are.

Would be great to hear some opinions on the matter.

Apr 3, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #993 of 1,448
Hey guys,

I’m considering the Fiio K7 as my desktop DAC/Headphone amp but was wondering how close it would come to the performance of the K9 pro with the PL50 linear power supply added.

I’m not that bothered about features such as Bluetooth and the additional filters you get with the k9 pro so purely just based on sound with the additional power supply I would be interested to hear how close they actually are.

I have heard (reading other's feedback) that the K7 + PL50 combo sounds really, really good - almost comparable to the K9 Pro, so presumably also so with the K9.

Take it with a grain of salt though, since it's second-hand information. :innocent:

Apr 3, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #994 of 1,448

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-03-21-22-36-728-edit_ro.emag.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-03-21-22-36-728-edit_ro.emag.android.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 3, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #995 of 1,448
Looks like it’s back in stock on Amazon. Hopefully they’ve addressed this issue with the newest batches, going for a 4th try.

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #997 of 1,448
Hi everyone, just made and account to post this :) The K7 really seems to have one feature which for some ridiculous reason not many DAC/AMPs have.... it's.... thats right... an output switch! I have no idea why, but so few of the cheaper ones have an output switch? At least for PC desktop use it seems so much like the most useful and basic feature. Of course I could always Plug/unplug my headphones or let them play along but both seems weird. So hey Fiio, or other brands, I really hope this becomes more common. And I hope the other issues with the K7 get fixed, then I'll get one. :)

Apr 3, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #1,001 of 1,448
Z reviews on youtube has reviewed both. He liked the K9 better but thinks the K7 is terrific value. He's about as hardcore into audio as it gets. Not like "I will measure EVERYTHING" hardcore the way crinacle is but he's pretty close.
...Z reviews... yeah, I would check other reviewers as well and not just focus on one. But yes, the K7 sounds very good for the price.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #1,002 of 1,448
Zeos hasn't reviewed the regular K9 yet, only the two K9 Pro variants, and the K7. The K9 (non-Pro) just came out. Now that both the K9 Pro and K9 (non-Pro) exist, it's important to make the distinction when talking about them. Abbreviating "K9" when referring to the K9 Pro will just cause confusion.

Apr 3, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #1,003 of 1,448
Hey guys,

I haven't heard the K9 Pro but I do own both K7 and PL50 so I can't 'directly' comment. But IMO, what they say is definitely true - a good PS does wonders in your audio chain. I mentioned this in the PL50 thread - kind of the same realization when I 1st tried upgrade cables - oh yes, they do matter! 😉

@Ichos mentioned the K7 + PL50 in his review

https://ichos-reviews.com/fiio-k7-review/

Looks like it’s back in stock on Amazon. Hopefully they’ve addressed this issue with the newest batches, going for a 4th try.

For anyone looking at the K7, maybe you can hold of 1st as the K7 BT is NOT vaporware - saw one at CanJam

20230325_131943.jpg

Was asking the booth rep on why the K7 has an antenna when my unit doesn't have one - then she confirmed that it's the K7 BT.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #1,004 of 1,448
Zeos hasn't reviewed the regular K9 yet, only the two K9 Pro variants, and the K7. The K9 (non-Pro) just came out. Now that both the K9 Pro and K9 (non-Pro) exist, it's important to make the distinction when talking about them. Abbreviating "K9" when referring to the K9 Pro will just cause confusion.
Anyone wanna make a wild guess what the "illustrious Z" will say about the "9"? ...Prolly a few F bombs will be thrown in with along with a Waifu sticker.

Apr 3, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #1,005 of 1,448
I haven't heard the K9 Pro but I do own both K7 and PL50 so I can't 'directly' comment. But IMO, what they say is definitely true - a good power PS does wonders in your audio chain. I mentioned this in the PL50 thread - kind of the same realization when I 1st tried upgrade cables - oh yes, they do matter! 😉

@Ichos mentioned the K7 + PL50 in his review

https://ichos-reviews.com/fiio-k7-review/

For anyone looking at the K7, maybe you can hold of 1st as the K7 BT is NOT vaporware - saw one at CanJam

Was asking the booth rep on why the K7 has an antenna when my unit doesn't have one - then she confirmed that it's the K7 BT.
Really just wanting a non issue K7. Never been interested in BT. Perhaps the BT version will replace the standard K7 all together...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back