FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Dec 6, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #571 of 1,435
Does it really take that much to make a software update? i can predict 85% of your customers will atleast ask for it because the fixed light it's annoying.Most audiophiles user aren't gamers that look forward to rgb everything, please don't ride this nonsense gamery looking bs.I enjoy music not lights, othewise i would have chosen a different brand.
In addition these LEDs are a horror and destroy the sobriety of the case!

Dec 6, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #573 of 1,435
i like the way the led ring glows. may be a soft bright reduce option would help

Dec 6, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #575 of 1,435
Two things I would like to see changed on the K7. (1) The light around the volume control needs to be dimmer-it is too bright. (2) Whenever you power the K7 on, it always defaults to the USB input. Would prefer it would stay on the last selected input if you were using an input besides USB.

Dec 6, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #577 of 1,435
Just got the FiiO K7 today .. listening to Tidal on my laptop using USB input .. song starts and there is a small one second gap and then song resumes again .. this happens for all songs .. anyone seeing this or do I have a faulty unit? Or is there any kind of audio drivers that need to be installed? Thanks!

Dec 6, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #578 of 1,435
Dec 7, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #579 of 1,435
Dec 7, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #580 of 1,435
I have to ask - why do you bother to even be here on this forum, then? 🤷‍♂️

1670267353944.png

Ok so why am I posting a pic of the K9 pro? This was my test bed for some cables. lol. Well thats because I recently bought the thing.

I have been using the K9 pro getting to know its sound over the past weekend and I am now 100% certain of the value level on the K7. For 1/4th the cost of the K9 pro your getting something like 85-90% of the sonics of Fiios flagship the K9 pros and almost a similar amount of power. Sure it uses a different dac ESS chip vs AK has more bells and whistles with a built in linear power supply. I am talking in pure subjective sound quality wise. The K7 comes remarkably close to the dynamics of the K9 pro and I have a feeling it is due to using the same THX amplification. K9 pro is more refined experience yes but the K7 has its own charms being the smoother musical AK sound vs the K9 pros. I would have loved to compare it to the former K9 pro AK edition but this newer ESS version was the only type being sold new right now.

If your on the fence to try a K7. It is by far the best bang for buck source dac/amp I am now 100% certain of. Been recommending it to just about everyone I know on headfi. I still cant get over just how good the K7 sounds.
The main issue with the K9 pro ESS is thats its tuned to sound smooth like fine satin. While it sinergises very well with planars it has this lack of the last bit of the attack that makes the makes the K7 and K9 pro AKM sound more dynamic. Can be solved by using a external aggrasive DAC but that kind of defeats the point of a AIO. The biggest benefit of the K9 pro imo is the amp stage. While it is not very powerful the control it provides cant be found sub 1k. As long as it isnt brasswinds or anything that really wants that treble edge the K9 pro ESS is very enjoyable for people that want a decently thick smooth yet highly microdetail focused AIO.

But yeah going back to the K7 while clearly a step down from the K9 pro AKM the pricing makes it a no brainer rec.

Dec 7, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #582 of 1,435
Just want to check with all K7 users - when you increase the volume, does it "jump" incrementally? (Not the usual, smooth volume increase)
The volume control on the K7 is not linear its logarithmic 🙂

Dec 7, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #583 of 1,435
The volume control on the K7 is not linear its logarithmic 🙂
The question is more about whether the volume adjustment is digital or analog

Dec 7, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #584 of 1,435

Users who are viewing this thread

Back