FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Dec 1, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #541 of 1,448
There is a sensible middle ground which states that good engineering should be supported by sound technical data, as it is in many other industries. The consumer can make informed decisions based upon technical merit as well as personal tastes / demonstrations / reviews. This is actually a good thing for the industry as manufacturers can be held to account for what they state are the technical specifications of their products.
To a certain extent yes, of course and I agree.
But you can't measure everything because you either don't have the right tools because they are available only in high tech laboratories or they have not been invented yet.

Dec 1, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #542 of 1,448
Just a weird question. Does any dac/amp which has capacitors require a burn in?

If so, does fiio K7 requires a burn in or something its full potential or actual sound signature will be reflected after certain hours of usage??

I have used earlier SONY ZX507 which says an approx of 60 hours usage is required to experience the full potential / actual signature of the DAP due to specific capacitors used in the dap.
The terminology might be different but something similar was mentioned.

@FiiO , does something like burn in required for fiio K7 as well?
Everything requires a certain burn in time.
From about 20-40 hours to over 200 if you are OCD..

Dec 1, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #543 of 1,448
To a certain extent yes, of course and I agree.
But you can't measure everything because you either don't have the right tools because they are available only in high tech laboratories or they have not been invented yet.
You don't need to measure everything to see if a device operates according to the manufacturers specifications. You just need to repeat what they have measured.

Dec 1, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #544 of 1,448
You don't need to measure everything to see if a device operates according to the manufacturers specifications. You just need to repeat what they have measured.
I am referring to audible benefits from something, let's say a cable or an lps, that cannot be measured but you keep hearing them.
Then the objectivists say that it is placebo or bias.
Yes but I am hearing them and in a blind test.
So they must be there.

Dec 1, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #545 of 1,448
Anyway whichever camp is someone's favorite it doesn't mind as long he can enjoy listening to music.
Whether you buy the latest SMSL DAC because it measures 0.0000001% better or you prefer the schiity measuring Folgvar it doesn't matter if you enjoy the hobby.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #546 of 1,448
Anyway whichever camp is someone's favorite it doesn't mind as long he can enjoy listening to music.
Whether you buy the latest SMSL DAC because it measures 0.0000001% better or you prefer the schiity measuring Folgvar it doesn't matter if you enjoy the hobby.
Correct!

Dec 1, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #547 of 1,448
Received the K7 today.

I have sold all the TOTL Stuff recently like MEST MK2, SONY IER Z1R, Dx300 with amp11 mk2, amp 12, amp13, SHANLING M8, HIFIMAN Ananda OG, CHORD MOJO,

HD650, cayin ru6, LP W2, AT ATH R70X, sony zx507, etymoticss -ER2XR, Er2SE, Er4XR, IMR EDP PLUS and many more in mid tier.

Decided to keep sennheiser ie 900, earmen sparrow, SENNHEISER HD 600, HD 25 and AKG K712 Pro as they were not sold.

Many sennheiser; sony, focal consumer grade earphones were still with me.

Bought chord mojo 2 for semi portability , FIIO K7 - desktop setup to support the iems and headphones i have.

They are complementing each other while keeping a similar signature with little differences.

Source is iphone 11 With apple otg lightenjng cable.

I was amazed by the quality and quantity of both chord mojo 2, fiio K7.

Fiio K7 is going neck to neck with chord mojo 2 while mojo 2 is relatively less warmer and little more detailed.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #548 of 1,448
Received the K7 today.

I have sold all the TOTL Stuff recently like MEST MK2, SONY IER Z1R, Dx300 with amp11 mk2, amp 12, amp13, SHANLING M8, HIFIMAN Ananda OG, CHORD MOJO,

HD650, cayin ru6, LP W2, AT ATH R70X, sony zx507, etymoticss -ER2XR, Er2SE, Er4XR, IMR EDP PLUS and many more in mid tier.

Decided to keep sennheiser ie 900, earmen sparrow, SENNHEISER HD 600, HD 25 and AKG K712 Pro as they were not sold.

Many sennheiser; sony, focal consumer grade earphones were still with me.

Bought chord mojo 2 for semi portability , FIIO K7 - desktop setup to support the iems and headphones i have.

They are complementing each other while keeping a similar signature with little differences.

Source is iphone 11 With apple otg lightenjng cable.

I was amazed by the quality and quantity of both chord mojo 2, fiio K7.

Fiio K7 is going neck to neck with chord mojo 2 while mojo 2 is relatively less warmer and little more detailed.
:beerchug:

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 1, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #549 of 1,448
As long as I am enjoying my K7, is there any plan to release a device with AK4499EX?

Dec 2, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #550 of 1,448
As long as I am enjoying my K7, is there any plan to release a device with AK4499EX?
Dear friend,

Thanks for the choosing our products. We have paid attention to this chip as well.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 2, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #552 of 1,448
I am referring to audible benefits from something, let's say a cable or an lps, that cannot be measured but you keep hearing them.
Yes, a cable and a LPS can be measured up to spec. There's no audible difference - the "difference" you notice is a psychological mechanism called "placebo" and "cope" to rectify your decision to buy an expensive cable. We've been over this many times here on Head-Fi over the years and the conclusion always was that whoever wants to pump the bags of snake oil sellers will continue to do so - it's their decision after all.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #553 of 1,448
Yes, a cable and a LPS can be measured up to spec. There's no audible difference - the "difference" you notice is a psychological mechanism called "placebo" and "cope" to rectify your decision to buy an expensive cable. We've been over this many times here on Head-Fi over the years and the conclusion always was that whoever wants to pump the bags of snake oil sellers will continue to do so - it's their decision after all.
Yeah yeah I know.

Dec 2, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #554 of 1,448
This hobby is a big placebo rabbit hole right from the start. Why even bother? Keep pretending your opinions are right and enjoy this self-loathing activity. People who call themselves "audiophile" or participate in buying audio gears are the most pathetic kinds in the world.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #555 of 1,448
This hobby is a big placebo rabbit hole right from the start. Why even bother? Keep pretending your opinions are right and enjoy this self-loathing activity. People who call themselves "audiophile" or participate in buying audio gears are the most pathetic kinds in the world.
I have to ask - why do you bother to even be here on this forum, then? 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back