FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Mar 23, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #1,411 of 1,432
I can recommend the Fiio PL50 too. I am using it for the K7. The only negative thing: power switch on the rear of the power supply.
Why can I not leave the LPS switched on at all times?

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #1,412 of 1,432
I just got a balanced cable for my Fiio JT1 but does not feel that much more powerful. More like 30% more instead of almost double. And also with my ATH WS1100 i almost have the volume at max and also in Foobar. So the power is a little less then i thought and almost the same power as my old Fiio E10 haha.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #1,413 of 1,432
I just got a balanced cable for my Fiio JT1 but does not feel that much more powerful. More like 30% more instead of almost double. And also with my ATH WS1100 i almost have the volume at max and also in Foobar. So the power is a little less then i thought and almost the same power as my old Fiio E10 haha.
Are you maxing foobar and windows system volume controls? Are you running K7 at high gain? JT1 has a 88 dB/mW sensitivity at 32 Ohms. K7 is able to deliver 2W at 32 Ohms thru its balanced output, so you should get 121 dB peak (that means between 100 and 113 dB average sound level), which are close to deafening levels.

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:53 AM Post #1,414 of 1,432
Are you maxing foobar and windows system volume controls? Are you running K7 at high gain? JT1 has a 88 dB/mW sensitivity at 32 Ohms. K7 is able to deliver 2W at 32 Ohms thru its balanced output, so you should get 121 dB peak (that means between 100 and 113 dB average sound level), which are close to deafening levels.
No only high gain is off cause i get more hiss then but all else is at the max. And with most music it is fine the volume but still thought it would be more.

Apr 3, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #1,415 of 1,432
No only high gain is off cause i get more hiss then but all else is at the max. And with most music it is fine the volume but still thought it would be more.
I see. At 32 Ohms, K7 doubles power from unbalanced (1W) to balanced output (2W), which accounts for 3 dB more volume.

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #1,416 of 1,432
I see. At 32 Ohms, K7 doubles power from unbalanced (1W) to balanced output (2W), which accounts for 3 dB more volume.
I notice indeed a bit more power and 3 db is not that much so i get it. But for most music the volume is good enough and even too much with some.

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #1,417 of 1,432
New to the forums so treat me kind :).

Mine arrived this morning (UK time), waiting on a USB B to C to arrive before plumbing in fully but just tested with my DT1990's and the sound is great. Much better than the integrated headphone amp on my CXA81.

Very pleased thus far - day off work tomorrow so more listening will be happening then.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #1,419 of 1,432
Tried connecting the K7 to my phone using an usb to usb-c plug, though when playing music the sound came out from the phone like the amp wasn't even connected. The amp was switch to usb input. Any recommendations?
Which phone? I’ve tried with my iPhone 15 and iPad, Amp works as expected.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #1,420 of 1,432
Tried connecting the K7 to my phone using an usb to usb-c plug, though when playing music the sound came out from the phone like the amp wasn't even connected. The amp was switch to usb input. Any recommendations?
mine also does that sometimes. for me it helps to turn off k7 and back on while the phone is plugged in or unplug the phone and plug it in again, not sure which of these actions helps but in the end it always works....sometimes it also takes a few moments until K7 recognizes that the phone was plugged in

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #1,423 of 1,432
Oppo X5 lite. I didn't try at the time but I'm wondering if in phone settings you need to tell it to output to usb instead of phone speaker. But as mentioned, should pick up automatically. Will try again tomorrow. It's an office amp
Little experience with Android phones, but I read that you need to configure the OS to send audio thru USB. Hopefully some Andorid users will shed light on this issue.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #1,424 of 1,432
Dear friend,

1. Please check whether the C to C cable you are using has OTG function first?
2. If yes, please check the setting in your mobile phone:
Mobile phone playback software settings, if there is a USB output setting that needs to be turned on, some devices only have sound when the USB output is turned off;
Confirm that USB debugging is enabled in the developer mode of the mobile phone;
You need to turn on USB debugging on the mobile phone, turn on "Developer Options", and then turn on the "USB debugging" or "OTG" function;
Since the USB audio of various brands of mobile phones is not uniformly standardized, FiiO does not guarantee full compatibility. According to the above connection method, if it is not supported, it is recommended to try other mobile phones or connect the computer DAC to exclude whether the hardware of individual devices is faulty (such probability of the situation is small).

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back