FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Feb 11, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #1,381 of 1,433
What AV are you using? I had no problems… I wish I could permanently disable the RGB on my K9 how I could on the K7
Default windows AV and Malwarebytes. And it was not me who encountered this problem, but some people, in reviews of Fiio K7. But probably I overthinking and I take K7, which has best price now in me region compared to competitors ifi ZEN DAC2 and DX3Pro

Feb 11, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #1,383 of 1,433
Default windows AV and Malwarebytes. And it was not me who encountered this problem, but some people, in reviews of Fiio K7. But probably I overthinking and I take K7, which has best price now in me region compared to competitors ifi ZEN DAC2 and DX3Pro
Hi Laplasdvell,

I just replied to your private message ...

Note: When you download and unzip the file (and only at that time) you will be able to see the application that is needed to install the XMOS firmware and see the instructions .... download it first, unzip and familiarize yourself with the instructions reading it several times ... then proceed.

The first link you sent me is the correct one ... everything is there.

If you have a problem, ask here and we will tell you ....

Greetings !!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #1,384 of 1,433
You can disable the RGB on the K9 with the FiiO app via Bluetooth.
Yes, but it comes back on when you power cycle… it does for me anyway.

I’m on 1.31fw, so I’m not sure what’s up with that…. Anyhow, sorry, I’m OT - hopefully the user who was having issues with the K7 has resolved them now.

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #1,385 of 1,433
Hi Laplasdvell,

I just replied to your private message ...

Note: When you download and unzip the file (and only at that time) you will be able to see the application that is needed to install the XMOS firmware and see the instructions .... download it first, unzip and familiarize yourself with the instructions reading it several times ... then proceed.

The first link you sent me is the correct one ... everything is there.

If you have a problem, ask here and we will tell you ....

Greetings !!
Thank you very much, I will do everything according to the instructions!

Feb 12, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #1,387 of 1,433
Is there updated firmware for the K7BT? I have a lot of trouble navigating the web-site, but it looks like the only update (K7BT, not K7), is a firmware patch to disable the RGB leds.
That’s the only one, yes (other that the one that turns the RGB back on again).

Feb 13, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #1,388 of 1,433
Guys, I completely forgot to ask if there is any difference in control between K7 and K7 BT? Does the K7 BT have the same sharp increase in volume after passing a certain threshold and a slight delay in changing the volume?
And I hope this is not offtopic, will there be a difference between K7 and K11 for Dt770Pro 80 Ohm connected to unbalanced output? I prefer the look of the K11 and it shouldn't have any nuances with the controls, but if the K7 sounds better, I would choose it.

Feb 16, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #1,390 of 1,433
I received the K7 today and there was a stain on the side, as if from a torch, it cannot be wiped off with alcohol. Should I be worried? How could this happen during the manufacturing process? There are also very small ones near the LED indicators and small jagged marks on the side, is this normal?
Also, have you done any settings other than downloading drivers? There still seems to be not enough bass.

Attachments

• IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #1,391 of 1,433
I received the K7 today and there was a stain on the side, as if from a torch, it cannot be wiped off with alcohol. Should I be worried? How could this happen during the manufacturing process? There are also very small ones near the LED indicators and small jagged marks on the side, is this normal?
Also, have you done any settings other than downloading drivers? There still seems to be not enough bass.
You should return that its clearly defective

Feb 16, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #1,393 of 1,433

Hello,

I am witness to the enthusiasm you have had for the K7 ... its a excellent DAC-Amp ... and I'm sorry it came to you like this .... really .... it is strange, it is the first time I

have seen something like this on a Fiio amplifier, and I have had at least five different Fiio amplifiers.

If you ask me, it is unacceptable and you should return it .... and be patient .... the next one will arrive well.

Greetings !!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #1,394 of 1,433
Also, does your button have a little play? I mean, if you turn it relatively quickly left and right, there is a very small gap where the button seems to be little bit loose.
I have not gotten mine yet i am still waiting
Think its on a GLS van somewhere in Germany right about now

A danish shop did have it in stock in Denmark but the price was 120 euros more so i would rather wait the 3-6 days it will take from France rather than pay that much more

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #1,395 of 1,433
Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. The shell should not have such a big stain before factory out. Did you buy it from the authorized seller?
If yes, please contact him for help first. If the seller fails to help, please contact us(support@fiio.com) again with the receipt attached.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back